Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TEVEZ A GREAT PLAYER BUT

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:10 am

HE let himself down last night think Mancini has done a Dave Jones and lost the changing room :ayatollah:

Re: TEVEZ A GREAT PLAYER BUT

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:12 am

mancini seems to fall out with a lot of his players,maybe man city needs to look at this

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:12 am

He should face a ban from FIFA so he can't play even if Man City fire him, there are people starving in the world and he's on £250,000 ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/ ... ellio.html ) a week and he refuses to play. tw*t.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:16 am

Let him rot in the reserves for 5 years I say, don't sack him. Only man city could afford it.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 am

2blue2handle wrote:Let him rot in the reserves for 5 years I say, don't sack him. Only man city could afford it.

send him on loan to a championship team for his punishment..... ;)

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am

At any level what Tevez did last night was a disgrace and I believe this is just the latest example of player power sticking two fingers up to football.

In my opinion most football fans would expect any player who did what Tevez did last night to never play for the club again, but is that exactly what the player wants to happen?

At the end of this season Tevez will have completed the 3rd year of his 5 year contract and as such will move outside the 3 year protected status of his contract, as set out in FIFA Article 17 of Player Status. At this stage he has a number of options including buying out the remaining years of his contract, the amount of money based on a % of his wage for the remaining years of his contract. If Man City decided not to play him again then the player has the right to inform the club, in writing and before the last day of this season, that he intends to unilaterally terminate his contract. He will then be free to move to any club however compensation will be payable to Man City based on a % of his wage for the remaining years of his contract.

Man City had the opportunity to ship him out in August for £40m but couldn't reach agreement on payment terms, so he stayed after spending the summer bad mouthing not just the club but also the city of Manchester.

Tevez is a brilliant footballer but you have to ask yourself why did Sir Alex make no effort to keep him at Man Utd, right now this looks like another spoton decision by Sir Alex.

I also think Man City are beginning to reap a little of what they have sown over the last few years, remember the Tevez Welcome to Manchester poster. Add to that now the Owen Hargreaves signing because for me this represents the dual standards in place at the club under Mancini.

Two years ago Craig Bellamy was voted player of the year at Manchester City but he fell out with Mancini because the manager refused CB permission to follow a strict training regime to protect his knee. Mancini in fact went as far as insisting CB trained twice a day completely ignoring the likely effect on the player, now Owen Hargreaves is allowed to go through his own pre training warm up and his own fitness training programme. Why does he get treated differently to CB?

Personally I have no time for Mancini and I have absolutely no time for players who behave like Tevez, but in the case of Tevez does he and his agent have one eye on FIFA Article 17 :? :? :?

It does make you wonder. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:00 am

What's the difference between Carlos Tevez and a tramp?

£250k a week.

What's the similarity?

They both refuse to get off the bench. :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:36 pm

castleblue wrote:Personally I have no time for Mancini and I have absolutely no time for players who behave like Tevez, but in the case of Tevez does he and his agent have one eye on FIFA Article 17

Tevez's agent is the biggest parasite of them all, Kia Joorabchian. Is this all the explanation you need?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 pm

boxerbob wrote:mancini seems to fall out with a lot of his players,maybe man city needs to look at this

To be fair to Mancini the kind of egos he has to deal with its a no win situation for him.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:45 pm

polo wrote:
boxerbob wrote:mancini seems to fall out with a lot of his players,maybe man city needs to look at this

To be fair to Mancini the kind of egos he has to deal with its a no win situation for him.

He did buy them though

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
polo wrote:

He did buy them though

He didnt sign Tevez

Ultimately the best players in the world generally have egos, a few exceptions of course.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:Personally I have no time for Mancini and I have absolutely no time for players who behave like Tevez, but in the case of Tevez does he and his agent have one eye on FIFA Article 17

Tevez's agent is the biggest parasite of them all, Kia Joorabchian. Is this all the explanation you need?

Spot on I think this guy will be looking at every possible angle to make more money for himself irrespective of the image of the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:23 pm

castleblue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Spot on I think this guy will be looking at every possible angle to make more money for himself irrespective of the image of the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think everyone involved in the game from players, managers, agents, chairmen.etc are only in it for themselves and couldnt care less about the image.

I also think it is beyond repair.