Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dinner with malky

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:48 pm

I had the pleasure of sitting next to Malky at an LMA dinner in Bristol tonight I must say what a great bloke he mentioned that he had tried for 6 loanees I pressed him on the names but he would not say and I admire him for this He did say that one player did not want to come another thought he still had a chance at the club he was at He stated a couple were on stupid wages and demands were way to high One club agreed an loan in a the morning and pulled out in the afternoon

Brendan Rogers was there as well and he came across very well and clearly Malky and him are good mates Both guys were brilliant on the night and both have a desire to develop the younger players.

I think we have a gem of a manager and a bright future with him

Re: Dinner with malky

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:I had the pleasure of sitting next to Malky at an LMA dinner in Bristol tonight I must say what a great bloke he mentioned that he had tried for 6 loanees I pressed him on the names but he would not say and I admire him for this He did say that one player did not want to come another thought he still had a chance at the club he was at He stated a couple were on stupid wages and demands were way to high One club agreed an loan in a the morning and pulled out in the afternoon

Brendan Rogers was there as well and he came across very well and clearly Malky and him are good mates Both guys were brilliant on the night and both have a desire to develop the younger players.

Cheers, virtually just what I said in another thread :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top man :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:I had the pleasure of sitting next to Malky at an LMA dinner in Bristol tonight I must say what a great bloke he mentioned that he had tried for 6 loanees I pressed him on the names but he would not say and I admire him for this He did say that one player did not want to come another thought he still had a chance at the club he was at He stated a couple were on stupid wages and demands were way to high One club agreed an loan in a the morning and pulled out in the afternoon

Cheers, virtually just what I said in another thread :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top man :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Did not see it will check it out :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Milkybarkid - I was on the John Toshack table at the dinner - last in the quiz!!
Didn't realise Malky was so big.