Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BOXING

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:09 pm

FAVOURITE FIGHTER AND BEST EVER YOUR OPINION
You must pick a fighter that you have seen fight live (on TV or attended event)
for at least one of the above.

MINE ARE - BEST
Joe Louis, 25 defenses of his heavyweight title from 1937 to 1948. (Still the record in the heavyweight division)
His most remarkable record is that he knocked out 23 opponents in 27 title fights, including 5 world champions.

FAVOURITE-
Prince Naseem Hamed , I know what people think about this fighter, but I.M.O he remains to this day the most exciting fighter this country has ever produced and to be able to retire with a record of 36 Wins (31 Knockouts), 1 Defeat and hold the WBO, WBC & IBF featherweight and European bantamweight titles.
September 3rd 1995 i was given for my 15th birthday Tickets to go and Watch Cardiff own Cinderella man Steve Robinson v Prince Naseem Hamed.
The fight itself was a formality for Naz and i remember being fkn drenched,but the prince went from strength to strength before facing a top ten of all time p4p fighter called Marco Antonio Barrera.

Re: BOXING

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:06 pm

For me it's got to be Ali, he had everything, brilliant hands & feet & great character. Tragic to see him now though but in his day he was something else.

Re: BOXING

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Ali's answer to your tragic claim is
"What about a person who has never fought or been hit in the head time after time, but has suffered with this disease god has chosen for me all of their life whilst i was the Heavyweight champ and not just any, but the Greatest."...

Ali The Greatest sportsman of all time.