Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ive just had a message about warning the parents

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 pm

of my football team,heath park rangers under 12s,that they are not allowed to take photos on match days,F.F.S,they are playing football,the world has gone nuts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ive just had a message about warning the parents

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:36 pm

i know i manage a team under 11s just had the same e-mail discrace

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Crazy, great feeling as a kid is having your mum, dad, granparents watching your play football/rugby on a sunday morning.
they travelled all over wales, and britain watching me play and support me, and I have thousands of photos. there great to look back on.
No one would stop me taking pictures of my boy when he starts playing sport. :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:47 pm

milly44 wrote:Crazy, great feeling as a kid is having your mum, dad, granparents watching your play football/rugby on a sunday morning.
they travelled all over wales, and britain watching me play and support me, and I have thousands of photos. there great to look back on.
No one would stop me taking pictures of my boy when he starts playing sport. :twisted: :twisted:

Got to agree, fond memories.

I was down the park with my little girl the other day and was texting, wasnt even taking a photo, and the ranger asked me to put my fone away as i wasnted allowed to take photos in the park!?!?! He got it with both barrells.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:57 pm

I would go spare, I work in sport, and you wouldnt believe the shite we have to got through as coaches, and the shite we have to go through from the people above us in regards to getting parents to sign this sign that, dont do this etc. Its so embarassing and very awkward.
WORLDS GONE MAD!!

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:00 pm

In my years of experience taking photos I've found that people make rules up as they go along. Generally then tend to tell you you can't when they have no right to. Certainly this is the case in a public place. If you go on to private premises like a football stadium for instance then rules of entry might be imposed. Public places though, tell them to do one. There are some rules about photographing some things like government buildings etc.
Also your camera is your property, so are the images stored on it.

In a nutshell if it was that easy then the paperazzi would be first to be controlled.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Berwyn wrote:In my years of experience taking photos I've found that people make rules up as they go along. Generally then tend to tell you you can't when they have no right to. Certainly this is the case in a public place. If you go on to private premises like a football stadium for instance then rules of entry might be imposed. Public places though, tell them to do one. There are some rules about photographing some things like government buildings etc.
Also your camera is your property, so are the images stored on it.

In a nutshell if it was that easy then the paperazzi would be first to be controlled.

Good shout. Generally if I am on holidays and in the pool and my girls have made friends with some other kids Ill ask the parents if they mind me taking photos out of courtesy. Most parents will ask I find, and you just got to appply common sense.

If out of the pool though, and they are fully clothed and up by the entertainment for instance then I dont ask then if i want to take a photo or film my girls.