malky tried to get 6 players

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:57 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29494384/ :roll:

Re: malky tried to get 6 players

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:01 pm

I always question how hard we try to get players :roll:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:02 pm

i also question why we have so many topics on each article :)

but yeah also i dont think we try that hard for players

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:09 pm

dont try hard enough :roll:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:19 pm

nope dont agree ,i dont believe malky is the type of manager who would fanny about and realistically if there was a player who would fit into our football team and club he would snap them up.Weve been desperately unlucky with injuries to a squad that all of us knew would be threadbare.I dont know what some of you want,lets get el hadj diouf a notorious troublemaker who would just wreck all the hard work malkys already done or how about a few ex premiership stars just looking for that final pay day with minimum effort. weve got an international break coming up and fortunately our casualties are not long term,its just going to be tough for the next few games.I have total belief in the likes of paul quinn who stepped up when needed most last season and looked like a new signing,darcy blake who marked one of the best strikers in world football out of the game playing at centre back for wales and joe mason who im sure will take his opportunity b y the scruff of the neck

in malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Who were they?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Jason Koumas, Seyi Olofinjana, Stephen Bywater, JET, Jason Brown and chirs burke :)

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I always question how hard we try to get players :roll:

Did you also used to question why we got players like
Koumas, Keough, Bywater in, just because we could?

If Mackay just got any old tom dick or harry in, what
message would that send out to the fringe players in
the team. Pure Dave Jones that'd be

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Hello Apple darling

You are right but we are very low on numbers & surely Malky & the board knew you would get injuries etc back in pre-season

We have had our fill of useless players but my point was How hard do we try to get the right people

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:15 pm

to get 6 injuries in a week though is not to be expected. If we had an extra 6 players on the books just incase of all these injuries it would hit the wage bill pretty hard.

MM has said he tried to get players in on short term loans and I dont see any reason for him not to try.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 pm

NineRedDogs wrote:Jason Koumas, Seyi Olofinjana, Stephen Bywater, JET, Jason Brown and chirs burke :)

Koumas= Retired
Oli= Available
Bywater= On Loan to Sheff Weds (poor guys)
JET= Just joined Ipswich
Brown= Just joined Aberdeen
Burke= Just joined Birmingham

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 pm

NineRedDogs wrote:Jason Koumas, Seyi Olofinjana, Stephen Bywater, JET, Jason Brown and chirs burke :)

Koumas= Retired
Oli= Available
Bywater= On Loan to Sheff Weds (poor guys)
JET= Just joined Ipswich
Brown= Just joined Aberdeen
Burke= Just joined Birmingham

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:14 pm

we are skint lets face it :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:22 pm

doom and gloom yet again questioning the managers word and doubting him fans on here need to get real if players dont want to go on loan or clubs allow them to go what can he do.I believe he works hard to get players and wont bring just any freeloaders

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:26 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:we are skint lets face it :ayatollah:

So unless we continuously spend we are broke?
I think TG and Tan and trying to do what previous chairman didn't and budget.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:34 pm

Why should we spend so much money on players, we tried it last season in terms of wages and it didnt work.

Its time to operate on a sound financial platform, similar to what Swansea, Burnley and Blackpool have done in previous years.

In my opinion not all is lost, I think we got some good academy players, with the likes of Ralls, Carter, Wildig, Meades and Evans who could step up if need be.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:37 pm

we have probably failed in getting certain players onloan as we prob cannot agree terms with the parent clubs.. ie how much wage contribution we were willing to contribute..

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:41 pm

hopefully get some in for saturday :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 pm

tbh im quite nervous about tomorrow with all the injuries... but i honestly believe Mackay is trying his hardest to bring players considering he's only really had one day to bring in emergency players.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:

Why should we spend so much money on players, we tried it last season in terms of wages and it didnt work.

Its time to operate on a sound financial platform, similar to what Swansea, Burnley and Blackpool have done in previous years.

In my opinion not all is lost, I think we got some good academy players, with the likes of Ralls, Carter, Wildig, Meades and Evans who could step up if need be.

Well we got a wage bill just over half of last year we spent 1million quid in transfer window on 1player ,we let 12-13 players go for many reasons end of last season and got 7-8 in dont that tell people anyhting considering the squad was small enough now we got 2-3 injurys for 2-3weeks where are the signings comming from THERE WILL NOT BE ANY so we will play fringe and youngsters i guess eitherway i will be there but it will not bring results i know so that tells me we are skint :ayatollah: