Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Porthcawl

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:52 pm

As most of you probably know I tend to go out taking photos quite a lot. A few weeks back I risked my life getting some shots in Porthcawl on Newton Point.

I'd appreciate a quick look if you don't mind like....

http://www.kira23.co.uk/newton.html

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Porthcawl

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:29 pm

I think your photos are very good,you seem to have talent............USE IT

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:44 pm

cracking pics mate :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Cheers guys, most appreciated. Ta very much like!! :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Very nice, out of interest what do they look like in colour?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:06 pm

I used to fish for smooth hounds and cod there, you have to watch yourself,really nice photos you must be pleased.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Very nice, out of interest what do they look like in colour?

Less dramatic and a bit fluffier. I don't do black and white for black and white sake, I only do it when the photo needs a punchy contrast. My wife wanted a set of three prints for the living room but she wanted a brown tint "to match the deco" :roll: I did it but I think the brown tint takes a lot away from the photos. Bitch! :lol:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:01 pm

kenfighillblue wrote:I used to fish for smooth hounds and cod there, you have to watch yourself,really nice photos you must be pleased.

Cod? I'm not in to fishing but I thought it was only mackeral down there. I tell you what though, the quality of the water is way better now than its ever been. When I was a kid the water was a chocolate brown colour. Now the surf is pure white. The downside though is there seems to be far less shell fish on the rocks. I think they do like a bit of shit to feed on and now the water quality has improved they've gone down in numbers.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Berwyn wrote:As most of you probably know I tend to go out taking photos quite a lot. A few weeks back I risked my life getting some shots in Porthcawl on Newton Point.

are those holiday shots done at OLU DENIZ in Turkey??

and fair play you have some cracking photos in your portfolio

i love fishing newton point in the winter

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:06 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Berwyn wrote:As most of you probably know I tend to go out taking photos quite a lot. A few weeks back I risked my life getting some shots in Porthcawl on Newton Point.

are those holiday shots done at OLU DENIZ in Turkey??

and fair play you have some cracking photos in your portfolio

i love fishing newton point in the winter

Yes mate it is Olu Deniz. Lovely place that. I wanted to go back there this year but it was well expensive. The hotel we stayed in was priced at £1000 each per week for this year! :shock: We paid less than half that each when we went there.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Great photos Berwyn i was also down Porthcawl that night watching the storm :lol:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:10 pm

we stayed in Olu Deniz was sun city, but we preferred Hissaranou up the hill stayed at about 4 hotels up there

Turkey has been infested with too many eastern europeans who are in my oppinion are all wankers :D

used to love the place but alas all good things come to an end :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Berwyn wrote:
kenfighillblue wrote:I used to fish for smooth hounds and cod there, you have to watch yourself,really nice photos you must be pleased.

Cod? I'm not in to fishing but I thought it was only mackeral down there. I tell you what though, the quality of the water is way better now than its ever been. When I was a kid the water was a chocolate brown colour. Now the surf is pure white. The downside though is there seems to be far less shell fish on the rocks. I think they do like a bit of shit to feed on and now the water quality has improved they've gone down in numbers.
There used to be a sewage outlet pipe in the middle of the bay,it was shut off about 20 years ago, but its a good fishing spot on certain tides. Well done on the photos again they look very good.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:22 pm

kenfighillblue wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

There used to be a sewage outlet pipe in the middle of the bay,it was shut off about 20 years ago, but its a good fishing spot on certain tides. Well done on the photos again they look very good.

Cheers for that, appreciated thanks.

I remember the sewage thing. When we were kids you'd be in the cold sea and now and again you'd come across a "warm patch" :lol:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:23 pm

bluecyw wrote:Great photos Berwyn i was also down Porthcawl that night watching the storm :lol:

It was good wasn't it. You can't beat a storm down there to be fair. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:55 pm

It was good, i always go down for the high tides as well

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Superb Berwyn, got any of Rest Bay?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Berwyn wrote:Cheers guys, most appreciated. Ta very much like!! :ayatollah:

excellent :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:03 am

porthcawlcasual wrote:Superb Berwyn, got any of Rest Bay?

Not yet no, but I do like the idea of the high tide thing mentioned in this thread. Maybe that would be good.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:16 am

Where is Newton Point? Is it one of the points inbetween Coney and Rest Bay?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:56 pm

I work in a printers and we print bjp. Its my account. if you like send me your address and il try and post you a copy each month of we got some overs.