Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Ridsdale slams ticket ordeal---FAT CROOKED b*stard "

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:06 pm

I must admit I did find his quote amusing "It is most unfortunate that this case was brought before the courts and that it has brought disruption to my personal life and unnecessary reputational damage.

So he got away with ripping fans off, how. How does he get away with it all the time, I really hope & wish that Karma gets him sooner rather than later before he destroys and rapes another club.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 11,00.html

" Ridsdale slams ticket ordeal "

Ridsdale: Innocent of any wrongdoing

Plymouth's acting chairman Peter Ridsdale says accusations of unfair trading and fraud disrupted his life and damaged his reputation.

Ridsdale has spoken of his relief after Cardiff Trading Standards announced they had no evidence to offer in relation to accusations of unfair trading and fraud brought against him earlier this year.

The club's acting chairman was accused of making false representations in the 'Golden Ticket' scheme at Cardiff, which offered season-ticket holders a refund if the club were promoted to the Premier League should they renew early ahead of the 2010/11 campaign.

Ridsdale vigorously rejected the claims then, and has now said in a statement that Trading Standards' decision not to enter any evidence was a complete vindication of the ticketing policy at his former club.

"The decision by the City of Cardiff Trading Standards Agency to offer 'no evidence' in relation to the charges previously brought to the Courts is a complete vindication of my publicly stated position that there was never a case to answer," he said.

"It is most unfortunate that this case was brought before the courts and that it has brought disruption to my personal life and unnecessary reputational damage. I spent five years in the wonderful city of Cardiff and sincerely believe that my contribution to saving the football club from financial meltdown, building both the new stadium and training ground and taking Cardiff City to three Wembley appearances, speaks for itself.

"I am proud of my contribution to this city and walk away from the Courts completely innocent of any wrongdoing. I now go back to Plymouth to finish the job that I started earlier this year in ensuring, both, their survival and new ownership. In completing this task, just like at Cardiff, I will have proved my critics and doubters wrong."

Re: Ridsdale slams ticket ordeal---FAT CROOKED b*stard

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:07 pm

he helped save our club and get us a new stadium...

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm

I can only assume those fans didn't feel ripped off.

After all, none had the bottle to make a statement.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:09 pm

did we really get ripped off? we still got our season tickets etc

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 pm

jezzy666 wrote:he helped save our club and get us a new stadium...

Save our club?

We had one winding up order under Hammam.

We had, what, four under Ridsdale?

New stadium, sure, though I feel it was more a case of getting Hammam away from the council meetings more than anything Ridsdale actually did.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Of course I forgot he got us a new stadium and a FA Cup final, wise up. He raped our club like he is doing to Plymouth.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:13 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

Of course I forgot he got us a new stadium and a FA Cup final, wise up. He raped our club like he is doing to Plymouth.

Plymouth were f***ed before he got there, tbh.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:15 pm

nerd wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Appreciated but he certainly aint helping matters.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:17 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Appreciated but he certainly aint helping matters.

Don't think anybody could, tbh. The setup there was horrendous to begin with.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:32 pm

So exactly WHAT did Ridsdale do alone to get Cardiff City the new stadium then ??

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:35 pm

nerd wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

i agree but to take 25k a month out of limited funds whilst carrying on the american investor shenanagins is despicable :evil:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:48 pm

steve davies wrote:
nerd wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

i agree but to take 25k a month out of limited funds whilst carrying on the american investor shenanagins is despicable :evil:

You forget he has the administrators paying his rent in his 6 bedroomed luxury home.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:18 pm

without risdale i dont think we would be where we are today. plus the majority of the debt came from hamman

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:So exactly WHAT did Ridsdale do alone to get Cardiff City the new stadium then ??

Back stabbed Sam Hamman that's what :lol:

That said I always thought he would never stand trial for this. The original offer was a 5 year price freeze and I signed up for that. So far I have received the price freeze and as the club changed hands as a going concern I (& everyone else) should get the full 5 years, so really there is no case to answer on that.

As for the other parts of the deal (bringing in players/refund if we got promoted) they were tagged on to the offer later on after it was launched, so it would be more difficult to prove fraud on that basis.

Re: " Ridsdale slams ticket ordeal---FAT CROOKED b*stard "

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:46 pm

According to the news neither the Council or Club wanted to proceed against him. But on a bright note at least our season tickets are fixed for 5 years :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:17 pm

It's like my old man once told me "You can't flush a good turd down" and PR is a prize turd in my opinion.

Hopefully today was the final act in flushing him away from our club, city and country. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:53 pm

castleblue wrote:It's like my old man once told me "You can't flush a good turd down" and PR is a prize turd in my opinion.

Hopefully today was the final act in flushing him away from our club, city and country. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ah yes, but for a while he was OUR turd - people need dodgy dealers like him from time to time - the fact that he got us out of 4 wind-up orders suggests that he probably did more good than bad, despite what people think of him now, and his slipperiness was actually helpful in the long run.

I'm not sure he can claim full credit for the stadium, although it appears that the banks trusted him more than Sam, (which just goes to show how dodgy Sam must be, even if he did love the club so much).

Anyway, he's gone. I hope he saves Plymouth too.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:56 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
castleblue wrote:It's like my old man once told me "You can't flush a good turd down" and PR is a prize turd in my opinion.

Ah yes, but for a while he was OUR turd - people need dodgy dealers like him from time to time - the fact that he got us out of 4 wind-up orders suggests that he probably did more good than bad, despite what people think of him now, and his slipperiness was actually helpful in the long run.

I'm not sure he can claim full credit for the stadium, although it appears that the banks trusted him more than Sam, (which just goes to show how dodgy Sam must be, even if he did love the club so much).

Anyway, he's gone. I hope he saves Plymouth too.

Amen to Plymouth hopefully things will get sorted down there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: