Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Earnie & Rudy to miss Soton and Hull

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 am

Huds & Conway will be back for Hull though, plus MM is struggling to find a short term loan deal:

Cardiff City's injured strikers Rob Earnshaw and Rudy Gestede look set to miss tomorrow's clash with Southampton.

The pair, who broke down during Sunday's 0-0 draw against Leicester are both expected to be out of action until after next month's international break, missing tomorrow's duel with the Championship league leaders and Saturday's trip to Hull.

But better news for the Bluebirds comes as captain Mark Hudson and winger Craig Conway are at least both expected to return for the trip to Humberside.

WalesOnline understands manager Malky Mackay tried to bring in a short-term loan player to cover for his injured stars but has so far failed in his bids.

Re: Earnie & Rudy to miss Soton and Hull

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:29 am

i'd rather blake to hudson

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 am

In his CCW interview today Malky suggested Conway would NOT be ready for Saturday although Hudson might be ready for tomorrow night. Also said Naylor is a doubt for tomorrow, which will please some I suppose......

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:52 am

jinks-rct wrote:i'd rather blake to hudson

Standard mate...Blake is the future, I've said all along

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:57 am

JonScam wrote:

i dont rate blake at all. he has heart energy and commitment, but just isnt a good enough footballer

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:01 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
JonScam wrote:

i dont rate blake at all. he has heart energy and commitment, but just isnt a good enough footballer

It's all about opinions and I think Darcy is better at Centre Back than Hudson as well! ;) :)

Darcy will run a lot quicker tomorrow as well though, if he lets Rooney and Beckford out of his pockets! ;) :D :ayatollah: