Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Formation For Wednesday

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:29 am

Will we be starting with one up front , which I am not a fan of at home. Or is it time to drop mason in the deep end. We have very limited options and on reflection that might have been the case sunday, with players carrying nocks from the cc Wednesday. what would you go with. :ayatollah:

Re: Formation For Wednesday

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:43 am

Odd that people are against 1 up front, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barcelona all have used it quite heavily in the past 4 years.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 am

4-3-3

whitts miller mason

cowie kiss gunnerson

naylor blake gerrard kev

marshall

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:55 am

Whitt's isn't going out wide any time soon, MM played Kiss out wide rather than push Whitts out there.

Miller
Whitts
Cowie Gunnarson Kiss Conway
Naylor Gerrard Hudson/Blake McNaughton
Marshall

Parish, Quinn, Gyepes/Blake, Taiwo, Mason

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:41 am

RFMH wrote:Odd that people are against 1 up front, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barcelona all have used it quite heavily in the past 4 years.

Yes agreed, especially when there in Europe playing cat and mouse over two legs. I just don't think we have the right sort of strikers imo, but if needs must.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:58 am

naylors injured

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29494384/

turn up early and you'll get a game

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:01 am

kenfighillblue wrote:
RFMH wrote:Odd that people are against 1 up front, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barcelona all have used it quite heavily in the past 4 years.

Yes agreed, especially when there in Europe playing cat and mouse over two legs. I just don't think we have the right sort of strikers imo, but if needs must.

they've used those formations domestically.

It's a myth and silly for people to whine about "one" up front. It's no such thing. Miller leads the line, when we've the ball, the wide players break to make it 4-3-3. When we lose the ball, they drop back to bolster midfield. Fluidity...

Only quibble I have with the formation is both Kiss and Gunnarsson holding - Gunarsson is, from what Coventry mates said, decent at being a box to box midfielder, so I'd like to see him get forward more.