Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones Defends His Loans Legacy!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:54 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15070083.stm

Re: Dave Jones Defends His Loans Legacy!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:41 am

Overthemoon wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15070083.stm

Changing 12 players between seasons was nothing new under DJ as we did the same between the 2006/07 seasons. In fact the lowest number of players changed by DJ was 9 between 2008/09 and 2009/10 seasons. The highest during his reign was 13 between 2009/10 and 2010/11, don't know if it was a lack of money because the club accounts show he spent just under £5m in the summer 2009 so I would take his no money comments with a pinch of salt.

Also the use of the loan system was his choice as it was to change 9+ players year every year he was manager. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:48 am

"You go and get loans and you go and get free transfers."

Yeh, spot on Jonesy. We can see that. We understand that. But:

Keogh
Jay Emanuel Thomas
Koumas
J Lloyd Samuel
Stephen Bywater
Danny Drinkwater (long term injury)
Chris Riggott.....

We cant understand why you got the signings so badly wrong.

Mackay has started from scratch, spent a hell of a lot less than you did, yet
our contracted squad has probably quadrupled in value from this time last season

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:51 am

I also think he's passing the buck and apportioning blame to the new owners! :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:58 am

Overthemoon wrote:I also think he's passing the buck and apportioning blame to the new owners! :ayatollah:

Dave Jones, if you read this....

how come Mackay has spent far less than you yet already has a contracted squad worth
probably twenty million quid to Cardiff City.

A manager at only his second club.

Davey lad... you wangled yourself a plum contract here through Riddles, but werent prepared
to put in the hours, or do the graft. You were lazy

Signing Eddie Johnson says it all about you

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:20 am

AM I MISSING SOMETHING AS A LIFELONG 48 YEAR OLD FAN .WHY DO FANS KEEP HARPING ON ABOUT DAVE JONES WHO IN MY OPPINION WAS A DECENT MANAGER WHO BROUGHT IN THE LIKES OF LOOVENS BOTHROID BELLAMY JOHNSTONE AND COME ON WHO THOUGHT WE WOULD BE DRINKING IN LONDON BEFORE A CUP FINAL GIVE THE GUY A BREAK AND WISH HIM LUCK IN THE FUTURE AFTERALL ITS WHAT HE HAS DONE TO US. LETS LOOK TO THE FUTURE WITH MM WEATHER IT BE LOAN PLAYERS OR SIGNINGAS AND LET THE PAST GO

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:23 am

Even if it's not his fault that we had so many loans, how about the inability to get any unity? How about the defensive frailty? How about Whitts and Olifinjana being played out of position virtually all season?

Or are they the chairman's fault too? :roll:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:23 am

taffyapple wrote:[b]
our contracted squad has probably quadrupled in value from this time last season

Started from scratch ?

I never knew Mackay singed the likes of McNaughton, Marshall, Gerrard, Whittingham, Naylor, Blake ECT. Its not like Dave Jones didn't have to do his own rebuilding job in 2006 either , when Cardiff City were selling players to pay the bank:lets all try and remember why the likes of Peter Thorne, Graham Kavanagh had to leave.
Lets judge Mackay at the end of this season and next season to see what so of Job he's doing, because Dave Jones done a bloody great job in his 1st couple of years (more so with the Club up to its eye balls in money troubles) and last season we were pretty good for the 1st couple of months which people seem to forget, it wasn't until we played Swansea @ home that it went to cock

I agree it was time for Jones to go and I like Mackay his attitude and what he's doing ECT ECT but it's very early days its too early to call it and will not forget what a great Job Jones did for the Club up until last year either. Lennie Lawrence was the one that was able to spend the cash and he didn't take us to the promised land, yet he's still a hero to many on here :\

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 am

crackajack wrote:AM I MISSING SOMETHING AS A LIFELONG 48 YEAR OLD FAN .WHY DO FANS KEEP HARPING ON ABOUT DAVE JONES WHO IN MY OPPINION WAS A DECENT MANAGER WHO BROUGHT IN THE LIKES OF LOOVENS BOTHROID BELLAMY JOHNSTONE AND COME ON WHO THOUGHT WE WOULD BE DRINKING IN LONDON BEFORE A CUP FINAL GIVE THE GUY A BREAK AND WISH HIM LUCK IN THE FUTURE AFTERALL ITS WHAT HE HAS DONE TO US. LETS LOOK TO THE FUTURE WITH MM WEATHER IT BE LOAN PLAYERS OR SIGNINGAS AND LET THE PAST GO

Stop talking sense and let the idiots have their say, spoilt beyond belief

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 am

crackajack wrote:AM I MISSING SOMETHING AS A LIFELONG 48 YEAR OLD FAN .WHY DO FANS KEEP HARPING ON ABOUT DAVE JONES WHO IN MY OPPINION WAS A DECENT MANAGER WHO BROUGHT IN THE LIKES OF LOOVENS BOTHROID BELLAMY JOHNSTONE AND COME ON WHO THOUGHT WE WOULD BE DRINKING IN LONDON BEFORE A CUP FINAL GIVE THE GUY A BREAK AND WISH HIM LUCK IN THE FUTURE AFTERALL ITS WHAT HE HAS DONE TO US. LETS LOOK TO THE FUTURE WITH MM WEATHER IT BE LOAN PLAYERS OR SIGNINGAS AND LET THE PAST GO

Thats a fair comment, he gave us some good time but he needed to move on and I honestly think he should have been sacked after the Blackpool final, it was clear then that he really had no control over his so-called squad.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 am

It could of worked but Jones is a very poor Manager and could NOT manage them IMO

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:11 am

Nuclearblue wrote:It could of worked but Jones is a very poor Manager and could NOT manage them IMO

Mackay has proven that you can get players in on the cheap, or on Free transfers AND
turn them into assets for the Club at the same time. He must have made about 15m
profit already on his signings.

Jones IMO had lost interest. He didnt watch other teams, he didnt take training, he
brought players in on excessive wages that he hadnt even had watched. Was that cos
he had absolute faith in his 'memory'... or because he frankly couldnt really care a f**k
no more.

Yes, a few years ago he done a good job here. But the last two seasons his apathy
not only started to show through to the fans... but seemed to effect the team too.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:46 am

Mackay has proven that you can get players in on the cheap, or on Free transfers AND
turn them into assets for the Club at the same time. He must have made about 15m
profit already on his signings

I really don't know how you can say that for starters and remind how much the likes of Loovens, Johnson cost us and were sold on far . When it comes to bringing players in and selling them for a far bigger profit Jones record is very good

Yes, a few years ago he done a good job here. But the last two seasons his apathy
not only started to show through to the fans.

People need to get over the Blackpool game, it didn't happen but other than that it was a fantastic season and a great team effort to go all the way to the Final with a Transfer embargo and think squad, last season was going great until we played Swansea at home and then it sadly all went pear shaped . I agree Jones had to go, but he done a very good job for us and brought some great players in (as well as bad) As for Mackay It's very early days, I'll expect any new Manager coming into a Club early into the season to have players playing for him, Lets see if these same players do just the same at the end of the this season and for the next 5 seasons . Then we can really judge him against Jones.

But I seem to remember Watford tailing off last season even with Mackay in charge, so who knows :\

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:18 pm

smilebit wrote:

I really don't know how you can say that for starters and remind how much the likes of Loovens, Johnson cost us and were sold on far . When it comes to bringing players in and selling them for a far bigger profit Jones record is very good

People need to get over the Blackpool game, it didn't happen but other than that it was a fantastic season and a great team effort to go all the way to the Final with a Transfer embargo and think squad, last season was going great until we played Swansea at home and then it sadly all went pear shaped . I agree Jones had to go, but he done a very good job for us and brought some great players in (as well as bad) As for Mackay It's very early days, I'll expect any new Manager coming into a Club early into the season to have players playing for him, Lets see if these same players do just the same at the end of the this season and for the next 5 seasons . Then we can really judge him against Jones.

But I seem to remember Watford tailing off last season even with Mackay in charge, so who knows :\

Rose tinted??

Somebody put up a list of ALL Dave Jones signings since he came here a while
back. It did not make pleasant reading. Maybe someone will put it up again.
The rubbish far outweighs the good signings i know that much.

So far, Mackay most definitely has got 10 out of 10

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:36 pm

DJ rebuilt a squad every season, no big deal.

I lot of players did leave but not all had to, it was up to the club not to offer Jay and Burke new and improved deals and up to the club not to extend Rae's contract. Up to the club to sell Chopra. Yes a lot of players did leave but those 4 could have stayed if the club wanted them, so not all down to DJ.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:46 pm

smilebit wrote:
taffyapple wrote:[b]

Started from scratch ?

I never knew Mackay singed the likes of McNaughton, Marshall, Gerrard, Whittingham, Naylor, Blake ECT. Its not like Dave Jones didn't have to do his own rebuilding job in 2006 either , when Cardiff City were selling players to pay the bank:lets all try and remember why the likes of Peter Thorne, Graham Kavanagh had to leave.
Lets judge Mackay at the end of this season and next season to see what so of Job he's doing, because Dave Jones done a bloody great job in his 1st couple of years (more so with the Club up to its eye balls in money troubles) and last season we were pretty good for the 1st couple of months which people seem to forget, it wasn't until we played Swansea @ home that it went to cock

I agree it was time for Jones to go and I like Mackay his attitude and what he's doing ECT ECT but it's very early days its too early to call it and will not forget what a great Job Jones did for the Club up until last year either. Lennie Lawrence was the one that was able to spend the cash and he didn't take us to the promised land, yet he's still a hero to many on here :\

Yep, Naylor is world class. I understand why you said that he signed the LIKES of etc.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:21 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:

Yep, Naylor is world class. I understand why you said that he signed the LIKES of etc.[/quote]

I got news for you, no-one @ Cardiff City is world class. Naylor been playing far better of late and does a job; but you're going to say that McNaughton and Whitt's (our best player by far this season) are/were bad signings ?.

Mackay made some nice buys no doubt, well other than Miller, but its early days for both Miller tbf and the other players and do be able to judge Mackay too

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:41 pm

taffyapple wrote:
smilebit wrote:

Rose tinted??

Somebody put up a list of ALL Dave Jones signings since he came here a while
back. It did not make pleasant reading. Maybe someone will put it up again.
The rubbish far outweighs the good signings i know that much.

So far, Mackay most definitely has got 10 out of 10

Think this is what you referred to
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29998

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Dave Jones will defend himself for whatever because simply he will not admit he got it wrong.

He should simply disappear and save himself any more embarrassment before even the most stubborn of his fans see through him.