Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stop Having a go at the short corners.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:39 pm

I don't know what its like in the rest of the stadium but in the Ninian stand everyone boo's and has a go if we take a short corner.

Well, its just good tactics to be honest.

-------------------Defender-----------Defender-----------Defender-
--------Attacker------------Attacker------------Attacker------------

If the ball went straight into the box, this is how it would look.
Defenders running towards the ball, easy to header away.

If we take a short corner and then deliver the cross, this is what happens,

--------Attacker-Defender-Attacker-Defender-Attacker-Defender-

Ball crossed into the box, Attackers run onto the ball easier to attack, defenders have to run backwards hard to head away.

Re: Stop Having a go at the short corners.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:41 pm

atleast your not thinking to hard about it :lol:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:44 pm

I see your point and it could work but if it is to the ball needs to be played in quicker before being closed down and/or being forced backwards. The deliverer should stand closer to the taker so it's one touch, strikers go forward and ball is whipped in straight after.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Short corners are fine but why take a short corner on 45mins like we did (and actually lost the ball)

I've also noticed when defending corners we leave no one upfield. We have looked strong defending corners so maybe it's right but leaving a player in the centre circle area pulls back two opposing defenders and gives us a chance to get the ball back.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:42 pm

THE SHORT CORNER JUST BEFORE HALF TIME WAS TAKEN AT A TIME WHEN HUDSON WAS INJURED WHAT YOU WANT US TO LET GERARD GO UP . GREAT IDEA YOU BE GOING MAD IF WE WENT IN ONE NIL DOWN HALF TIME

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:47 pm

crackajack wrote:THE SHORT CORNER JUST BEFORE HALF TIME WAS TAKEN AT A TIME WHEN HUDSON WAS INJURED WHAT YOU WANT US TO LET GERARD GO UP . GREAT IDEA YOU BE GOING MAD IF WE WENT IN ONE NIL DOWN HALF TIME

Surely taking a short corner and instantly losing it was far more dangerous at the time