Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NINIAN PARK WAS LIKE THIS

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:15 am

Another Warren Feeney Video.
He said to me when he played for Bournemouth at Ninian Park and scored(when we had (Earnie and Fortune West) Ninian Park was intimidating it was unreal, I told him that was nothing as that wasnt a big game.
Can any one ever see the stadium being like the Ninian Atmosphere, I know we have talked about it before, but I just hate it in there every game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJe09eCqOUc

Re: NINIAN PARK WAS LIKE THIS

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:20 am

Ninian Park was so intimidating, and yet Feeney scored and a Bournemouth side who were so poor they eventually got relegated managed a 2-2 draw.

There must be some logic there somewhere but it escapes me.....

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:Ninian Park was so intimidating, and yet Feeney scored and a Bournemouth side who were so poor they eventually got relegated managed a 2-2 draw.

There must be some logic there somewhere but it escapes me.....

Yes welcome TLG, wheres yr Avitar. How do I know its you, youve got no gun.
You have to admit when Ninian Rocked it was amazing. Do you believe the way the new stadium is set up with the fans every where it will be as good as Ninian Park, intimidating.?

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:26 am

I think the atmosphere at Ninian was vastly overrated. Our results there over the years clearly demonstrate that, far from initimidate the opposition, it used to help them if anything. Look at our results in the games against the top sides and the local derbies last season - we didn't win any of them! So much for initimidating the opposition!

Ninian Park was a dilapidated dinosaur from a bygone age. I'm glad it's finally extinct.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:I think the atmosphere at Ninian was vastly overrated. Our results there over the years clearly demonstrate that, far from initimidate the opposition, it used to help them if anything. Look at our results in the games against the top sides and the local derbies last season - we didn't win any of them! So much for initimidating the opposition!

Ninian Park was a dilapidated dinosaur from a bygone age. I'm glad it's finally extinct.

Look back at every FACUP Game at home to the top sides(Prem/Division 1) from 1972.

I am really glad you like the new stadium and its atmosphere.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:32 am

I do not usually agree with annis on a lot of things, but give me ninian any day loved it.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:40 am

How come so may players commented about it Rio, Andy Grey just 2 of many.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:
Look back at every FACUP Game at home to the top sides(Prem/Division 1) from 1972.

How many did we win?

Spurs in 1977. Man City in 1994. Leeds in 2002. That's it.

Three cup upsets. Most clubs can point to three cup upsets in 37 years!

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:00 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

How many did we win?

Spurs in 1977. Man City in 1994. Leeds in 2002. That's it.

Three cup upsets. Most clubs can point to three cup upsets in 37 years!

You will never change my mind Ninian Park will always be the one in My Opinion.

Answer the bloody phone TLG.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:10 am

Left my phone at my parents last night. My father is going to drop it round later this morning.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:11 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:Left my phone at my parents last night. My father is going to drop it round later this morning.

Ok get yr Avitar sorted.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am

Theres one word that makes the difference to both stadiums 'TERRACES' .
We could of kept the terraces but we would have to play basement football. Would you all want that scrafice

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Theres one word that makes the difference to both stadiums 'TERRACES' .
We could of kept the terraces but we would have to play basement football. Would you all want that scrafice

if we had had money seats could of been put in ninian.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:45 pm

what would the atmo be like then chief ? Fuckin awfull

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:40 pm

I remember the Bournemouth game, a story circulated that a few of their fans had a slap after the game and went to report it to the police, apparently the police replied you shouldn't have wound them up when you equalised and told them to go on their way !

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Midfield general wrote:The atmosphere was so intimidating at times even our own players went missing :lol:

:lol:

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Another Warren Feeney Video.
He said to me when he played for Bournemouth at Ninian Park and scored(when we had (Earnie and Fortune West) Ninian Park was intimidating it was unreal, I told him that was nothing as that wasnt a big game.
Can any one ever see the stadium being like the Ninian Atmosphere, I know we have talked about it before, but I just hate it in there every game.

Annis im so fed up of home matches at the moment, no atmosphere in pubs beforehand, no atmosphere in stadium, much prefer away matches these days, looking forward to peterbrough away, still terracing i beleive in the away end , should make for excellent atmopsphere.
Ive got season tickets in the family stand for me and the kids, nether expected the atmosphere to be amazing in there , but its worse than i throught, love to be able to exchange them to another part of stadium, every home match i see kids just playing on there nintendos at the matches, theyve got no intrest, even my 8 year old lad says why do they bother coming to the matches.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:33 pm

check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBPoyXE ... re=related

fair play to them.....like the Ninian Stand init??? :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:01 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:I think the atmosphere at Ninian was vastly overrated. Our results there over the years clearly demonstrate that, far from initimidate the opposition, it used to help them if anything. Look at our results in the games against the top sides and the local derbies last season - we didn't win any of them! So much for initimidating the opposition!

I don`t know about the atmosphere so much, even tho I went to a Jacks game , which was great (for 11.00am on Sunday), and NP was a dinosaur ,, but it was a proper football ground , the likes of which you`ll never see again, and I`ll miss her ! :(

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:31 am

Worcester bluebird wrote:

Annis im so fed up of home matches at the moment, no atmosphere in pubs beforehand, no atmosphere in stadium, much prefer away matches these days, looking forward to peterbrough away, still terracing i beleive in the away end , should make for excellent atmopsphere.
Ive got season tickets in the family stand for me and the kids, nether expected the atmosphere to be amazing in there , but its worse than i throught, love to be able to exchange them to another part of stadium, every home match i see kids just playing on there nintendos at the matches, theyve got no intrest, even my 8 year old lad says why do they bother coming to the matches.

Nice meeting you yesterday,My children and wife have stopped going they cant stand it in the new stadium, so next yr I will only be buying 1 season ticket not 4. I love Cardiff City, but hate the stadium. I love away games though like you.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33 am

goats wrote:check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBPoyXE ... re=related

fair play to them.....like the Ninian Stand init??? :lol: :lol:

:lol:
In our dreams.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:56 am

I would love the new stadium to be like that.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:39 am

I have made my feelings known about this on CCMB and I still feel the same, I hate home games now, it's just so lifeless there.

If I had my way I would have upgraded Ninian.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:27 am

never will replace ninian best thing they could do with this new stadium is rip all the bloody seats out then we will atleast get a atmosphere back

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:40 am

What would the point be in putting seats in at Ninian though? What would be capacity be, about 16k? Whereas now we're regularly getting gates of 20k+
We had some pretty great atmospheres in NP, but for the average game it was never that special. Even Swansea last season was pretty disappointing. Nothing like the Leeds game and others, but that's because they were one of a kind.
If we played Man United or someone like that in the FA Cup I bet the atmosphere would be amazing in the new stad. We haven't had that many big games yet, and even the likes of Newcastle started good but we didn't have a great deal to sing about
The money it would have cost to put NP right just wouldn't have been worth it I don't think, and it would still be an all seater - part of the problem is that people have to sit down rather than stand on the terraces like the old grange/bob bank

Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:10 pm

I remember going to a Cardiff v Swansea game back in the early 90''s - we won 4-1 i believe - pretty sure Wayne Ferreday had a big game and scored? cant quite remember - but AMAZING atmosphere - nothing like that now though for the past few years....

IMO the best fans and atmospheres will always be in Turkey....... just incredible!

Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:39 pm

night games were always far better for obvious reasons.....even with small crowds back in the late 80's they could be good (like when we beat Bolton 1 nil the year we went up in 88 near the end of the season).....i personally think if we had a good friday night game against someone the place would rock, i reckon the new ground can generate more noise than ninian park ever did....it just hasnt had its big chance.....bristol and newc both on sundays..... :roll:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:59 pm

goats wrote:night games were always far better for obvious reasons.....even with small crowds back in the late 80's they could be good (like when we beat Bolton 1 nil the year we went up in 88 near the end of the season).....i personally think if we had a good friday night game against someone the place would rock, i reckon the new ground can generate more noise than ninian park ever did....it just hasnt had its big chance.....bristol and newc both on sundays..... :roll:

Goats, I love night games for some reason we always got a better atmosphere in Ninian Park.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:37 pm

I wish we were still there.