Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are city in your opinion doing well ?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Do you fans think that the bluebirds are doing well this season so far ?

give me your opinions :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Are city in your opinion doing well ?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Yes in my opinion, the Squad was stripped, no up and coming players, new management team and not spent quarter as much money as the previous manager. I am more than happy with Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:19 pm

12 players out, 10 players in, new staff and manager. We sit 6th in the league im more than happy :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes in my opinion, the Squad was stripped, no up and coming players, new management team and not spent quarter as much money as the previous manager. I am more than happy with Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

agreed,nothing more to say :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:25 pm

better than I expected before the season started and when all our players had to go. Aint gettin my hopes up though :roll: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:29 pm

I believe Malky has made a sound start, and i feel the future is looking good, my only worry is up front we seem to be struggling :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:44 pm

I am enjoying the football far more this season, the main reason being the players are giving us maximum effort and that's all we can ask.

The work rate and fitness levels are refreshing, and even if we lose, I'll be able to accept it easier to know at least they tried their best.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I am enjoying the football far more this season, the main reason being the players are giving us maximum effort and that's all we can ask.

The work rate and fitness levels are refreshing, and even if we lose, I'll be able to accept it easier to know at least they tried their best.

Spot on Gwyn :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I am enjoying the football far more this season, the main reason being the players are giving us maximum effort and that's all we can ask.

totally agree..

best signing so far for me has to be cowie..... his fitness levels are incredible.

also i dont feel so nervous this yr everytime we conceed a corner or free kick..

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Yes

New Manager and Staff and other half the squad left last season, new signings have gelled excellently and there's a real team spirit about the place.

No matter what you say about Bothroyd and Chopra they guaranteed goals and we also lost Bellamy so having spent so shrewdly I think we've done really well to be only 2 places behind last year with only one loss.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Very solid start and plenty to work on still :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:46 am

A lot better work ethic, but we lack "quality" in numbers. We will be running on gas tomorrow night, & its going to be tough!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:33 am

City are building from the bottom up. We now look and feel more professional than ever before.

The team on the pitch mirrors whats being done off the pitch. YES we all wish there was more
money available for players but on balance, I'd sooner see us with a manager spending less and
getting the right players in, than what we had under Jones. The new owner is a little bit more
prudent with his money, the Clubs money and ultimately... our money. Cos it was us, the fans
that ended up paying week in week out for players like Koumas, Riggott, Keogh etc etc etc.

The only real 'percieved' problem here at the moment is that because Tan is a billionaire, we look
at other billionaire owners and wonder why he wont get £5m players in like they do.. This leads to
questions like "is he really backing us?"

If we look at this club now compared to 12 months ago... all we really need to do is think Malky
Mackay, new backroom staff, new training methods, new scouting network. Its the new owners
that have set all this in motion and let Malky restructure it all. Perhaps, come January, if (when)
we are in the top 6-8, Tan will release money to make that final push. Last January, lets be fair..
If Jones had been given another 5-6m.. who could hand on heart say he'd have got us up?? He
couldnt get a very talented squad playing together, who's to say a couple more players would have
seen us go up? Tan lost faith in Jonesm but we were stuck with him at the time cos of his salary

I'm happy with everything.

We're not as exciting to watch as last season?? Well of course not. But think on... we were only
ever exciting with Bellamy on the pitch, when he wasnt playing, Bothroyd resorted to type and
spend most of the game sulking and sitting on his arse.

I personally find it more exciting watching our players frothing at the mouth to get that ball off
the opposition.

Happy me :D