Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LEDLEY ATTACKED ON NIGHT OUT "

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:22 pm

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol ... f-dad.html

By ALAN CARSON and PAUL THORNTON
Published: Today

" CELTIC star Joe Ledley told fans how he was caught up in a terrifying bust-up after being attacked while out on the town with his dad."

The "badly shaken" Hoops favourite was targeted by three thugs outside a nightclub in Glasgow city centre.

And Welsh international Ledley, 24, later left a cryptic message on his Twitter page telling followers: "Just had a good fight with rangera."

Last night a Celtic source described how yobs launched the assault outside the Sugar Cube nightspot on Saturday night.

The insider said: "Joe was on a night out with his dad when two or three guys got involved with him.

"One of them threw a punch at Joe but it was broken up pretty quickly. He is shaken but thankfully not really injured.

"It seems to have been broken up quite quickly and I don't think there were many injuries.

"We don't know why it happened yet, but Joe is a quiet guy and is there is no way he would be the aggressor."

Another reveller who saw the attack described Ledley's ordeal on Facebook.

They wrote: "Just saw a man getting attacked with his dad. Disgusted.

"I helped them escape and then his dad asked, 'Do you know who my son is?'. I said no, and he said he is Joe Ledley and he plays for Celtic."

The Parkhead midfielder had been enjoying a night out with 54-year-old dad Chris and pals after playing a starring role for his club.

He scored and was named man of the match in their 2-0 win over Inverness Caley Thistle.

Later he uploaded a picture of himself and Celtic-daft funnyman Kevin Bridges after bumping into him in a bar in Glasgow's west end.

He tweeted: "Just with Kevin Bridges in Jinty's!!"

A source said: "Joe and Kevin bumped into each other and Joe asked if he could have his photo taken with him. They weren't out together, it was a chance meeting and they went their separate ways later.

"Kevin wasn't with Joe when whatever else happened that night."

Ledley was swamped with messages of goodwill and support from fans yesterday.

But he was keeping tight-lipped about the incident, and later deleted his post about the fight from Twitter.

Instead, he left a message telling how he was missing girlfriend Ruby Ridgeway, 24, while she was on holiday in Mexico.

Earlier this year the couple were targeted by thugs who tried to batter their way into their house in Bothwell, Lanarkshire.

The yobs mounted a raid on the £1.5million villa before slashing his car's tyres.

The attack happened as Ledley and Ruby, who have daughter Layla together, were away from home.

Last night a Celtic spokesman refused to comment on the attack.

Re: " LEDLEY ATTACKED ON NIGHT OUT "

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Disgusting, we've already had the idiots on saying Joe deserved it.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Surely a night out in Glasgow city centre on a Saturday night is not a wise thing to do if you play for either of the Glasgow clubs, having said that it should not have happened

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Walesaway1958 wrote:Surely a night out in Glasgow city centre on a Saturday night is not a wise thing to do if you play for either of the Glasgow clubs, having said that it should not have happened

Sadly, I agree..

The City is twisted with hatred.

Footballers there have to realise its the price they pay for fame

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Walesaway1958 wrote:Surely a night out in Glasgow city centre on a Saturday night is not a wise thing to do if you play for either of the Glasgow clubs, having said that it should not have happened

Thats what I thought, John Hartson said the same to me once, when he played for Celtic.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:39 pm

I have two good friends, one a Rangers fan and one a Celtic fan. Both are sound as a pound but it is well known that this violent nature is present between the clubs. If Joe was out drinking then he has to admit he was naive but still, that's not to excuse what happened. He should be allowed to go out and enjoy himself. It sounds like those three men were big and tough lads. I'm sure they're proud of themselves! :roll:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Jock idiots comes to something when you can't have a pint with your Dad, I know Joe personally and he is very quiet can't see him provoking anything just a wanna be like the incident with Bellamy in chip alley :evil:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Wether it was his fault or not how f*cking pissed was he to tweet 'just been fighting rangers'.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Sad to see and I hope Joe is ok. But he should have a minder to watch his back. There is always some clown who wants to take a pop after a few pints.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:01 pm

bozzer64 wrote:Jock idiots comes to something when you can't have a pint with your Dad, I know Joe personally and he is very quiet can't see him provoking anything just a wanna be like the incident with Bellamy in chip alley :evil:

Not a wanna be as you put it . you obviously have no idea how deep sectarianism in Scotland is or how deep the hatred between some Protestants and Catholics is ... Personally i think it's Nuts but saying that I'm sure if a Swans player was drinking in Cardiff some feckin Numpty would probably try and lamp him and vice versa a Cardiff Player drinking in Swansea... !!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:03 am

Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:
bozzer64 wrote:Jock idiots comes to something when you can't have a pint with your Dad, I know Joe personally and he is very quiet can't see him provoking anything just a wanna be like the incident with Bellamy in chip alley :evil:

Not a wanna be as you put it . you obviously have no idea how deep sectarianism in Scotland is or how deep the hatred between some Protestants and Catholics is ... Personally i think it's Nuts but saying that I'm sure if a Swans player was drinking in Cardiff some feckin Numpty would probably try and lamp him and vice versa a Cardiff Player drinking in Swansea... !!

Almost certainly if it was Alan Tate :roll:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:08 am

blueheaven wrote:

Almost certainly if it was Alan Tate :roll:

OR A CERTAIN CARDIFF BORN PLAYER WHO WENT TO PLAY FOR SWANSEA AND CAME BACK DRINKING IN CARDIFF AND GOT DECKED :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:29 am

ahh I see you know for def that these people who tried to attack Joe were not wannabes !!!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Not right, doesn't detract from him being a woefully average player

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:36 pm

bozzer64 wrote:

ahh I see you know for def that these people who tried to attack Joe were not wannabes !!!

By the same token you dont know fir definite that they were wannabees

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:10 am

polo wrote:
bozzer64 wrote:

By the same token you dont know fir definite that they were wannabees

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!: