Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tom Heaton - statement (sunday supplement)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:08 pm

intresting read here's the link.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 27,00.html?

Also sounds like he was not suffering from low-confidence or on the verge of a breakdown.

CF11: Then last season, after establishing yourself as number one here, you suffered those injuries that hampered your season from late February onwards. That must have been a frustrating time?

TOM: Very frustrating. Things were being said at the time as well, on the internet and in various circles, about me not wanting to play which really hurt me. Anybody who knows me will know that I'm not that kind of person and that's not what I'm like at all - I love playing for this Club and I was so frustrated that the injury was holding me back. To hear those accusations were upsetting. I had a problem with my groin and tried to play on with it but couldn't. I had a tear in it and came back probably too soon before aggravating the problem again. I tried to battle through it again and then tore it worse than the first time. I spoke to Dave Jones who asked me provide cover on the bench though and he had difficulties in that respect with having so many loan players in the squad and not wanting to have to use up two of those for the goalkeeping positions. There was a lot going on which wasn't helping my recovery particularly - including my desire to come back as soon as I could - so as for the rumours that I didn't want to play - they were just rubbish. I was hurt by all that, but I think these things ultimately make you stronger.

Re: Tom Heaton - statement (sunday supplement)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:11 pm

What idiots said he didn't want to play for this club? f*cking hell why would you make an accusation like that if you don;t know him? Utter pricks who ever said that. :evil:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:13 pm

i know mate if i was playing for a club and towards a big final or end of season i was injured i would truly be gutted, but imagine if people believed you dident want to play. very damaging

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:23 pm

not having a go as I enjoy the updates, but pretty sure that 'rumour' of him not wanting to play came from one of the updates at the end of last season. Maybe that shows Heaton either read it himself or heard it from someone else who has heard of the board.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Have the internet rumors come from this forum?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:Have the internet rumors come from this forum?

clearly obvious from the statement it is I think mate

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:32 pm

it was in one of the "updates"

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:What idiots said he didn't want to play for this club? f*cking hell why would you make an accusation like that if you don;t know him? Utter pricks who ever said that. :evil:

Elliot, No one on here said he never wanted to play for our Club, in fact we said the opposite .

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 pm

cecilccfc wrote:not having a go as I enjoy the updates, but pretty sure that 'rumour' of him not wanting to play came from one of the updates at the end of last season. Maybe that shows Heaton either read it himself or heard it from someone else who has heard of the board.

Have a look at all the updates, not once did Carl ever say he did not want to play for us, get your facts right first before turning on Carl.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:What idiots said he didn't want to play for this club? f*cking hell why would you make an accusation like that if you don;t know him? Utter pricks who ever said that. :evil:

Elliot, No one on here said he never wanted to play for our Club, in fact we said the opposite .

Didn't point a finger at anyone as it could've been another board, which if the opposite wa said on here (which I think I can remember wa said), then it was another board that said it. Cause he obviously feels upset that someone said it, so unless he's making shit up then someone did say it.

Right, I think I've made that confusing. Basically, I didn't say it was this board as it could've another board.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Bothaldo2 wrote:

it was in one of the "updates"

Show me where it says Carl said Heaton does not want to play for us ?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Didn't point a finger at anyone as it could've been another board, which if the opposite wa said on here (which I think I can remember wa said), then it was another board that said it. Cause he obviously feels upset that someone said it, so unless he's making shit up then someone did say it.

Right, I think I've made that confusing. Basically, I didn't say it was this board as it could've another board.

Elliot, I know you never,the other 3 did who belong on the snipers mb.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:48 pm

It wasn't said he never wanted to play it was said in one of these updates that he was too nervous to play.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:49 pm

ccfcdan wrote:It wasn't said he never wanted to play it was said in one of these updates that he was too nervous to play.

Dan, any chance of finding it ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcdan wrote:It wasn't said he never wanted to play it was said in one of these updates that he was too nervous to play.

No im not going to be looking at loads of posts to find it as it really doesn't bother me if your trying to say it wasn't said as i read it myself and its probably been deleted or edited by now.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

there you go both you and carl said that it was said he was nervous in the update on this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47882&p=441419&hilit=+heaton#p441419

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:55 pm

ccfcdan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No im not going to be looking at loads of posts to find it as it really doesn't bother me if your trying to say it wasn't said as i read it myself and its probably been deleted or edited by now.

No updates are ever deleted, I am just rubbish on computers to find things, So your saying it was said ?
Carl would not say Heaton does not want to play for us.I am sure Carl will find it :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:58 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47882&p=442201&hilit=tom+heaton+tom+heaton+nerves#p442201

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcdan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No updates are ever deleted, I am just rubbish on computers to find things, So your saying it was said ?
Carl would not say Heaton does not want to play for us.

I said it WASN'T said that he never wanted to play for us, it was only said that he was too nervous to play.

Forever Blue wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:not having a go as I enjoy the updates, but pretty sure that 'rumour' of him not wanting to play came from one of the updates at the end of last season. Maybe that shows Heaton either read it himself or heard it from someone else who has heard of the board.

Have a look at all the updates, not once did Carl ever say he did not want to play for us, get your facts right first before turning on Carl.

Forever Blue, I think you're getting this wrong, im not a sniper. Read the post I said I enjoy the updates, im saying that the rumour about him not wanting to play is a play on words from the update which said he was nervous and did not want to play in games. How is that being a sniper and always having a go at this board? Its just plainly obvious

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Ive just searched and only thing anyone mentions is Heaton being nervous and the reason he isnt playing.

No one has said that he doesnt want to play from what i can see.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ive just searched and only thing anyone mentions is Heaton being nervous and the reason he isnt playing.

No one has said that he doesnt want to play from what i can see.

THANK YOU Luke :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:02 pm

ccfcdan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

there you go both you and carl said that it was said he was nervous in the update on this thread

Thats totally different than saying Carl said he never wanted to play for us, thank you for searching it :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:I swear i remember reading in one of Carl's updates after the playoffs that Tom Heaton was feeling nervous before games and that's partly why he wasnt played in the playoff, or something? Correct me if i've got that totally wrong.

But if that is the case then is it going to be an issue next year because surely we dont want to be putting our trust in a 'keeper with nerve issues?

Do they plan on sticking with him and just hoping that he doesnt get nervous again in big games, and gains confidence through playing well?

And was his injury situation at the end of the season largely exagerrated to cover the fact that he wasnt playing because he was nervous?

I was just wondering if Carl, Annis or somebody else could clear this situation up, maybe.

Being a 'keeper myself, i know that it can be the most important position on the field, and having a keeper that provides the defence with confidence can be vital - something which i feel we havent had at Cardiff since Neil Alexander left.

I did say it and I also said how surprised I was to hear of it too. Also Margertson and Heaton do not have the best relationship I am told either, not that has any relevance to Heaton and his nerves, unless of course Margy is creeping up on Tom in the showers like a scene from psycho :lol:

This is the only thing I can find and I cant see where it says he doesnt want to play

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcdan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thats totally different than saying Carl said ne never wanted to play for us. :ayatollah:

You asked to show you were he said he was too nervous i did and your saying "Thats totally different than saying Carl said ne never wanted to play for us." Read my post i never said carl said he never wanted to play for us i only said that carl said he was too nervous to play.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:13 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Forever Blue, I think you're getting this wrong, im not a sniper. Read the post I said I enjoy the updates, im saying that the rumour about him not wanting to play is a play on words from the update which said he was nervous and did not want to play in games. How is that being a sniper and always having a go at this board? Its just plainly obvious

I take back the Sniper comments. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:30 pm

"Things were being said at the time as well, on the internet and in various circles, about me not wanting to play" Seems like he means not playing certain games, than not for the club in general.

Looks likely that he could be referring to the topic about his nerves

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Carl actually reported that Heaton's groin injury had returned and that he would be out for sometime and about 30 minutes later the club issued a statement saying that his problem was nothing to do with the original injury.

I remember people giving Carl a dogs life over that claiming he was somehow damaging the club. Read that interview yesterday with Tom and he says that yes not only was it the same injury but it was worse, exactly as Carl reported it.

The mans a legend. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Wasn't it Jones the Knob that said Heaton had lost his confidence ?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:17 pm

It seems he was effected, regardless of how he worded it. Football players aren't politicians, so sometimes what they say isn't word-perfect. Also you need to remember this was during an interview, so he might not have been as spot on as he could've been with what he was saying regarding specifics that happened last season.

Regardless of what he said, he was referring to rumours that were circulating on the internet at the time. I do believe the rumours were from this forum (about Heaton).

I've said it before and I'll say it again - The updates are fine, but any information about players shouldn't be released into the public domain.