Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Malaysia day

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Alternatively anyone remember this
http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... sp?a=88715 :lol: :lol: Never went ahead as it was a shit idea :lol:

The standard price in all links ive read is sponsorship is worth around 250k

:lol:

So what if there were two deals on the table for the same amount, one a local firm and one a malaysian firm but because of the malaysian boardroom links they went with the malaysian firm do you think thats fair on local businesses..? Remember the local businesses who then got pissed on will still be there when the Malaysians leave for their next project.

Makes sense to look after the big money men no matter what nationality. Surely thats standard business.

Lets remember though if Tan hadnt took over and we had entered adminstration it is these local businesses you speak of that would have been the ones that lost out.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:54 pm

It's all part of the Malaysian governments plan to take over the world, first they will take over Wales, by buying a big(ish) football club, advertise Malaysia. The next step, they will expand their businesses over here and pretty much ruin all British or non-malaysian companies. The next step, well I dunno I've ran out of ideas and crap to babble on about.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:56 pm

How much? :o

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:How much? :o

:lol: Even through I'm laughing at your responses I'm sorry to say that you are an example of everything thats wrong with football these days. A caller on 606 discribed the game becoming two businesses playing one another on a football field and unfortunately thats now the case and people are failing for it :evil: He actually discribed the game between Man City and Everton as Waitrose against Aldi :lol:

He's absolutely right! Sometimes, I feel like watching the Welsh league, cause atleast there seems to be a bit more passion. Plus they get paid a few hundred AND have a job.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:How much? :o

:lol: Even through I'm laughing at your responses I'm sorry to say that you are an example of everything thats wrong with football these days. A caller on 606 discribed the game becoming two businesses playing one another on a football field and unfortunately thats now the case and people are failing for it :evil: He actually discribed the game between Man City and Everton as Waitrose against Aldi :lol:

Well thats it now, for worse I agree but if you want to compete then you need income and the only way to get it is from the big companies or abroad. Ideally Steve Borley would own us, we would play at a revamped Ninian Park, not share with the rugby and be able to spend on players every season....but obvious its not possible otherwise it would be reality.

I dont support the sponsorship or lose any sleep over the name of the stadium, ive never been at a game and worried about the name of the stadium while cheering on the boys. I want us to be competitive and to do that be need income, if local businesses can step up then great but I dont think they will. You only have to look at which companies in south wales contributed to the Keenor statue, just that pub by the ground and from a head office in England.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Midfield general wrote:No-one knows what would have happened whether the club be in a better or worse position than it is now. No matter what would have happened the club would still had been here and if it went into administration then technically we would have the £40 million burden from our necks.

And we'd be as low as Swansea City for doing that!! Couldn't live with myself!! :lol: :lol:

But you are right. We don't know where we would have been but I think we'd have been hard pressed to have done any better (and it certainly wasn't the Malaysians that cost us promotion for the last two years)

It's all about opinions, eh?? Long may it continue :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:57 am

I think after about 15 minutes all the players should run off and be replaced by ferrari and red bull f1 cars then this should alternate every 5 minutes so we can watch football until we get bored then watch f1 for 5 minutes, then I think midfield general will be happy!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:54 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Please note that I have stated people both inside and outside of the club so that includes a certain number of fans.

However can anyone confirm that there weren't any other offers for the sponsorship but because its the Malaysians let give it to them..? Whether or not the deals have actually benefited the club more than what 'Joe Bloggs transport' offered. 'If' and I stress 'if' that was the case then surely the racism card could be switched around and the local company isn't getting a fair deal. Yes its all 'ifs and buts' however no-one can be 100% certain that those deals have benefited the club more and until then I will always have my doubts.

Not letting e-cosway in the stadium would be racist, still plenty of room for local businesses if they have the money available.

Well like you said, all ifs and buts, I think it was stated 300k was paid for the sponsorship which to me seems good, I think Sbobet were paying 200k a season?. I dont see any reason why the club wouldnt take the highest offer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No offence like. But what colour is E-Cosway?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Am I the only person wondering how much it actually cost to have this - i.e. flying them over, accomodation, you're not telling me they did it for free. When the Malaysians have not really backed Malky for players so far yet they are happy to pay for that, then that is the real issue here.