Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Malaysia day

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 am

Midfield general wrote:Was it really necessary..? These people are buisness men who are looking at making a quick buck out of football so why lick their backsides because of it..?

If they make the millions they think they'd be making then good on them but the club will be here many, many years after they have gone.

And what if they hadn't come (literally) to the rescue?? :roll:

No backsides were licked from where I was sitting; just an appreciation of the fact they bothered to come HERE in the beginning :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 am

Well Adam no.2, you've opened a can of worms now. I will be a very ill man if I disclose my full opinion, only to say that I'm not a fan of it. Other clubs owned by foreigners don't tend to feel the need to impose their cultures on the fans and club. The club is number 1.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:36 am

My personal opinion, is all I care about is what is going to happen on the pitch and that our board will back Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:19 am

I thought it was wonderful, it shows the diversity of our City.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:34 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Well Adam no.2, you've opened a can of worms now. I will be a very ill man if I disclose my full opinion, only to say that I'm not a fan of it. Other clubs owned by foreigners don't tend to feel the need to impose their cultures on the fans and club. The club is number 1.

They are hardly 'imposing' their culture on us are they??
Last week, we had to give the elbow to their country's star player
This week, the game was live on Sky.It cost nothing for all that bollocks today.
But millions of potential fans in Malaysia will have watched that, and loved it!
I'll start worrying when we start getting served Dog and Saki at half time or
when the players are forced to pray to Allah the Merciful before every game.

But thats not going to happen is it. If a few dancing birds helps to secure a potential
multi-million pound market over there... bring it on

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:43 am

taffyapple wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Well Adam no.2, you've opened a can of worms now. I will be a very ill man if I disclose my full opinion, only to say that I'm not a fan of it. Other clubs owned by foreigners don't tend to feel the need to impose their cultures on the fans and club. The club is number 1.

They are hardly 'imposing' their culture on us are they??
Last week, we had to give the elbow to their country's star player
This week, the game was live on Sky.It cost nothing for all that bollocks today.
But millions of potential fans in Malaysia will have watched that, and loved it!
I'll start worrying when we start getting served Dog and Saki at half time or
when the players are forced to pray to Allah the Merciful before every game.

But thats not going to happen is it. If a few dancing birds helps to secure a potential
multi-million pound market over there... bring it on

I'm sure I heard Ali say how much added time there was in "Malaysian" ;)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:51 am

So basically you are happy to have the culture of your club forgotten to gin support from halfway around the world?I was not ther for for obvious reasons but I think the culture in this country is undergoing enough change so we realy don't want our clubs doing things like this just to advertise in a distent land,
After all do they have uk days or welsh days??this is our land and our clubs,its bad enough that the football in this country as sold out to foreign money,but they are still our clubs and should not oppose ther culture on us..

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:01 am

As far as I'm concerned the Malaysians can make as much money as they want (& I'll lick their arses), as long as they reasonably back Malky's efforts on the pitch.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:08 am

How is having a few birds dancing for a few minutes in 1 home match at half-time when most of you are at the bar imposing their culture on us??? Fucks sake grow up!

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:10 am

swansealad69 wrote:So basically you are happy to have the culture of your club forgotten to gin support from halfway around the world?I was not ther for for obvious reasons but I think the culture in this country is undergoing enough change so we realy don't want our clubs doing things like this just to advertise in a distent land,
After all do they have uk days or welsh days??this is our land and our clubs,its bad enough that the football in this country as sold out to foreign money,but they are still our clubs and should not oppose ther culture on us..

Your on dodgy ground here feller :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"AND WE WERE SINGING, HYMNS AND ARIAS"

...PLus was it 10,000 Ospreys fans took up the ticket deal for your
wembley play-off??

We'll never be called Kuala Lumpar Rovers, but you ARE riddled with
rugby supporters, and without them you'd never fill your ground

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:13 am

CraigCCFC wrote:How is having a few birds dancing for a few minutes in 1 home match at half-time when most of you are at the bar imposing their culture on us??? Fucks sake grow up!

Exactly. We saw off their greatest ever footballer. So live on Sky we showed
millions of Malaysians that CCFC are still 'big mates' with Malaysia.

We want their dosh.

simples

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:15 am

taffyapple wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:So basically you are happy to have the culture of your club forgotten to gin support from halfway around the world?I was not ther for for obvious reasons but I think the culture in this country is undergoing enough change so we realy don't want our clubs doing things like this just to advertise in a distent land,

Your on dodgy ground here feller :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"AND WE WERE SINGING, HYMNS AND ARIAS"

...PLus was it 10,000 Ospreys fans took up the ticket deal for your
wembley play-off??

We'll never be called Kuala Lumpar Rovers, but you ARE riddled with
rugby supporters, and without them you'd never fill your ground

Swansea is the only ground in Britain where you can hear the home fans
complaining about a forward pass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:15 am

Go to agree, if the Malasians had not come in God knows what could have happened, I've been to Malasia loved the country and the people and I've not got a problem with them owning this club, untill a Welsh person puts their money in I would be eternaly greatfull to these people.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 am

we would be fucked without the malaysians coming in when they did, thought the chicks at half time could have at least somersaulted threw a few rings of fire or somthing though

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:38 am

englishbluebird wrote:we would be fucked without the malaysians coming in when they did, thought the chicks at half time could have at least somersaulted threw a few rings of fire or somthing though

They'd have been better employed giving our wounded
soldiers massages :lol:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:52 am

feck me you sound like nick griffin :roll:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:01 am

swansealad69 wrote:
So basically you are happy to have the culture of your club forgotten to gin support from halfway around the world?I was not ther for for obvious reasons but I think the culture in this country is undergoing enough change so we realy don't want our clubs doing things like this just to advertise in a distent land,

How has around 8 people dancing on the pitch at half time going to change anything :lol:
Sky are the only ones I've heard mention malaysian day.

We have had cheerleaders on before and no one cared, hardly our culture of sport.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:54 am

I think there's a lot of arse licking as far as the Malaysians are concerned. Yes, let's be grateful for what they've done, but let's also not go completely overboard about things. Remember some people on here wanted to bring the mugged Malaysian lad from the London riots down here and one person on here even claimed he had links to the club!!! What happens if we don't make it to the premiership again this season and VT and TG want their money back or just want to bail out in favour of a club they feel has more potential. Will these people on here still feel the same then? All hypothetical, granted, but what if...?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:47 pm

How has around 8 people dancing on the pitch effected anything :shock:
Most people had gone for a pint or a piss anyway.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:07 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

feck me you sound like nick griffin :roll:

Didn't look racist to me. :lol:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:How has around 8 people dancing on the pitch effected anything :shock:

That just topped things off. Lets be honest whether you like him or not Daya has been banging on about this for years and personally Im getting sick of the Malaysian flags, e-cosway, Malaysia on the shirts and now the Malaysian dancers which makes a certain number of fans want to kiss their backsides!!! The FACT is they have invested as they think they can make a profit, that is the capitalist world we live in so its their gamble so let them get on with it and NOT be seen to lose our history in the process.

None of it bothers me at all and it hasnt effected my going to football in the slightest. Malasyian flags, thats up to the fans not the owners.

e-Cosway is a business as far as I am aware so why shouldnt they advertise in the stadium, because they have malasysian owners? seems racist and unfair.

Malasysia on the top, so what, they have paid for it. It makes no difference to me if it has a person like Ken Thorne was on the front or a country, no difference at all.

Dancers were fine, bit surreal but enjoyable like I said above no one moaned about cheerleaders before and that has nothing to do with our culture or sport.

Nothing has changed at all IMO except more money coming in from sponsorship.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:How has around 8 people dancing on the pitch effected anything :shock:

That just topped things off. Lets be honest whether you like him or not Daya has been banging on about this for years and personally Im getting sick of the Malaysian flags, e-cosway, Malaysia on the shirts and now the Malaysian dancers which makes a certain number of fans want to kiss their backsides!!! The FACT is they have invested as they think they can make a profit, that is the capitalist world we live in so its their gamble so let them get on with it and NOT be seen to lose our history in the process.

None of it bothers me at all and it hasnt effected my going to football in the slightest. Malasyian flags, thats up to the fans not the owners.

e-Cosway is a business as far as I am aware so why shouldnt they advertise in the stadium, because they have malasysian owners? seems racist and unfair.

Malasysia on the top, so what, they have paid for it. It makes no difference to me if it has a person like Ken Thorne was on the front or a country, no difference at all.

Dancers were fine, bit surreal but enjoyable like I said above no one moaned about cheerleaders before and that has nothing to do with our culture or sport.

Nothing has changed at all IMO except more money coming in from sponsorship.

:ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:16 pm

he FACT is they have invested as they think they can make a profit, that is the capitalist world we live in so its their gamble so let them get on with it and NOT be seen to lose our history in the process.

I agree with this, not many people come into football to lose money. They want to make money or use Cardiff City as a vehicle I would say and if that means making Cardiff CIty a success then brilliant. If we are in the prem next season id happily have planetswans on the tops as sponsorship.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Midfield General a bigot and a plastic.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Just a typical daily mail reader :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Please note that I have stated people both inside and outside of the club so that includes a certain number of fans.

However can anyone confirm that there weren't any other offers for the sponsorship but because its the Malaysians let give it to them..? Whether or not the deals have actually benefited the club more than what 'Joe Bloggs transport' offered. 'If' and I stress 'if' that was the case then surely the racism card could be switched around and the local company isn't getting a fair deal. Yes its all 'ifs and buts' however no-one can be 100% certain that those deals have benefited the club more and until then I will always have my doubts.

Not letting e-cosway in the stadium would be racist, still plenty of room for local businesses if they have the money available.

Well like you said, all ifs and buts, I think it was stated 300k was paid for the sponsorship which to me seems good, I think Sbobet were paying 200k a season?. I dont see any reason why the club wouldnt take the highest offer.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:31 pm

777ball or whatever they were called :lol: cant think of a dodgier deal than that one :lol:

Well maybe the offers of sponsorship werent forthcoming? maybe this was done at the last minute because we had no other offers. It was only announced just before the kit release.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:40 pm

I had a little look and can only find one link that says the deal with 777ball was over 250k which suggests around that price so again little difference.

All speculation, we will never know but all i can say is personally it doesnt concern me at all. If Tan will pay it id be happy for the CCS to be called the Malaysia stadium

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Alternatively anyone remember this
http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... sp?a=88715 :lol: :lol: Never went ahead as it was a shit idea :lol:

The standard price in all links ive read is sponsorship is worth around 250k

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I had a little look and can only find one link that says the deal with 777ball was over 250k which suggests around that price so again little difference.

All speculation, we will never know but all i can say is personally it doesnt concern me at all. If Tan will pay it id be happy for the CCS to be called the Malaysia stadium

Tell me you are joking :o

Nope, makes no difference to me what its called, most clubs have sponsorship not connected to the club. Names on stadiums make no difference to me.