Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY DID WE RE-SIGN EARNIE?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 pm

And not try a bit harder to get Goodwillie or Bellamy?

Earnie isn't good enough anymore, that's the fact. The goals he's scored have been easy goals, really, and we'd be slating him if he'd not scored them.

He's not bringing enough to our team, and his good days are well, well behind him.

I'll be honest - I was on the fence when he came back, but now i'm sure it was the wrong decision.

I find it hard to believe that there's no better strikers out there, that we had the chance to sign.

Miller adds more to our team, as he is involved in most attacks. Earnie won't pass when in an advanced position, as we saw again today.

Very dissappointed, and I agree with those who are calling for a new loan striker, and a new permanent striker in the Winter.

Re: WHY DID WE RE-SIGN EARNIE?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Calm down. Wait until january then you can do what you like. Dont forget, its a start of a new, better era. Give Malky and the boys time. Dont forget also, we've only lost 1! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:58 pm

Chill, he was a free ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Because he has scored 200 goals and a great chunk of these were for us! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:44 pm

mugsy wrote:Because he has scored 200 goals and a great chunk of these were for us! :ayatollah:

We can't live in the past. He's past it now, it's very clear to see.

Would have preferred to see Goodwillie and Miller together.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:46 pm

I thought he did good in the 15 mins he was on today and has done good all season :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:58 pm

The 3 goals he scored may well have been easy tap in types, but you also have to have the nous to be in the right place, at the right time as well! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:28 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Because he has scored 200 goals and a great chunk of these were for us! :ayatollah:

We can't live in the past. He's past it now, it's very clear to see.

Would have preferred to see Goodwillie and Miller together.

what planet are you on we couldnt afford willywarmers let alone goodwillie,we have not got 10 pence to rub together down the city these days its there for all to see the season started 2months ago with the smallest squad for 11years dont that tell anyone anything and now we are in the shit which was always going to happen once 2-3 got injurys :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Midfield general wrote:I said on 22nd June that we shouldn't sign because I believe players shouldn't go back to former clubs and once again I'm proved right unfortunately.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... =+earnshaw

So you were against Bellamy returning? :roll: :roll:

We're 6th in the league you know, above Leicester who spent loads more than us, Forest and Reading who were play-off failures like us last year, above Blackpool and Birmingham who were in the Prem last year above Hull and Portsmouth who were in the Prem the year before that. The way some of you talk you'd think we were 6th from bottom :roll:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 am

FFS what is the matter with you mun. Earnie has scored 3 Goals this season ( two more than Miller yet you choose to have a go at Earnie) . I don't believe in having a go at any player wearing a City shirt anyway. Goodwillie ??? Please tell me how many goals he has scored this season. From what I have seen he can't even get a starting place in an absolute shit Blackburn team.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:04 am

Top scorer in the league for city I believe he has plenty of goals left in him yet as long as he is not left on the bench all the time when people say he does not bring enough to the team maybe they missed his goal line clearance today.
EARNIE IS STILL THE MASTER

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:30 am

Some of our fans are never happy. Earnie has got 3 goals already, looked ok yesterday when he came on and yet people want to slag him off. If he stays injury free Earnie will get 12-15 goals this season which is a good return from a free transfer signing.

To say his 3 goals have been tap ins is just like a few seasons back when people were moaning that Ross McCormack only scores penalties and free kicks, well you still have to put them in the net and as the saying goes ‘they all count’.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:32 am

earnie will get us goals just we will have to live with it that he does not see anybody else.

we signed him because if all else fails he could get us 10 to 15 goals? don't no his average goals tally in championship tho.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:earnie will get us goals just we will have to live with it that he does not see anybody else.

we signed him because if all else fails he could get us 10 to 15 goals? don't no his average goals tally in championship tho.

We're losing out on goals due to his selfishness.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:19 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:earnie will get us goals just we will have to live with it that he does not see anybody else.

we also got goals from him being there at the right time?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Miller would get Earnie's goals.

We're not scoring more goals because of Earnie.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:32 pm

Because he scores goals like the one at Burnley, out of the blue, about the only chance we had, after being hammered for most of the first half. Because he was in the right place, at the right time against both Bristol City and Doncaster Rovers, getting the goal that made each game safe. Besides, it's not as if we paid millions for him.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Earnie is 31 years old.

He scored 7 goals for Notts Forest last season.

If he had been ANYONE else with that record, the majority of our supporters
would have been playing hell when we signed him. Everyone would have been
saying "Forest weren't all that good, and he barely got a game for them, there
must have been a reason for it"

There was a reason.

He's no longer a prolific goalscorer. We are now a top Championship side, he is
not a top Championship striker

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:33 pm

earnies great for the fee and wages hes on. bellamy on 30 or 40 k here and gets injured people will be claiming that we shoudnt have signed him. cant win mun :roll:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:34 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Because he scores goals like the one at Burnley, out of the blue, about the only chance we had, after being hammered for most of the first half. Because he was in the right place, at the right time against both Bristol City and Doncaster Rovers, getting the goal that made each game safe. Besides, it's not as if we paid millions for him.

exactly he can annoying little shit has he is greedy and yes he may of cost us few goals but as you u say he does pop up out of the blue on times and bangs one in, which can't be bad. miller could also play that role but it up mm

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Miller would get Earnie's goals.

We're not scoring more goals because of Earnie.

so you blaming earnie for us not scoring goals? people also blaming miller for not scoring goals? to be fair to earnie he scored more goals out of all strikers this season so he must be doing something right to be fair. just be thank full we got two finishers in are squad. could be a lot worse.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:42 pm

get real. who else was out there on relatively low wages? goodwillie would have never chosen cardiff over premiership football.i have to say earnies best days are probably behind him and im sure he will eventually not make the first team regulary but malky had to move quick and in my opinion did the right thing by bringing earnie back

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:48 pm

englishbluebird wrote:get real. who else was out there on relatively low wages? goodwillie would have never chosen cardiff over premiership football.i have to say earnies best days are probably behind him and im sure he will eventually not make the first team regulary but malky had to move quick and in my opinion did the right thing by bringing earnie back

Do you not remember that DG was due to join us until the court case issues?

People need to take off their blue-tinted glasses, and see that Earnie's time has come and gone.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:get real. who else was out there on relatively low wages? goodwillie would have never chosen cardiff over premiership football.i have to say earnies best days are probably behind him and im sure he will eventually not make the first team regulary but malky had to move quick and in my opinion did the right thing by bringing earnie back

People need to take off their blue-tinted glasses, and see that Earnie's time has come and gone.

after 8 games how can you be so sure hes shot? and how advanced where the talks with goodwillie and bellamy for that matter? none of us can be 100% sure as there were aso many conflicting reports at the time. i will go on record and say earnie will score 15 league goals this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:56 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

after 8 games how can you be so sure hes shot? i will go on record and say earnie will score 15 league goals this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If he scores 15 mate, I will buy you a drink at The Ninian Park Pub.

I can't see it myself, just don't believe he's good enough anymore - no matter how good he was last time, and I was a big fan of Earnie then and still believe he's a great bloke.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:58 pm

So in this thread we've got people slagging off Bellamy for something that was beyond his control - he never once said he WOULD be playing for Cardiff on a free, he said he'd like to, get your facts right kids - and Earnie for being injured and a little bit older than he was the last time he was here.

Un-fucking-believable.

I'm aware that this board is all about opinions but some of what I'm reading here isn't a well formed opinion based on the available evidence.

It's a f*cking joke.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Said the day he signed did'nt really want him back, he's a hero at City and will still score 10 plus goals this season, but personally dont think he offers enough to the team. When do we ever play the ball around enough to play to his strengths which is a one on one situation, he has to live off sniffs in the area .. same as Miller. Need someone who will suit style of play

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:30 pm

I'd say, mainly for shirt sales and as an impact sub.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

That was a rumour, only idiots use rumours as evidence.

Earnie is one of us, allow the constant critisism this early in the season.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Midfield general wrote:I said on 22nd June that we shouldn't sign because I believe players shouldn't go back to former clubs and once again I'm proved right unfortunately.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51049&hilit=+earnshaw

How are you proved right?? because he isnt banging the goals in? give them time, judge them nearer xmas and then you can turn around and say your right.

Earny is another striker, similar to miller, who benefits from a target man, so just wait before you start jumpin on his back!

Earny will always be a legend!