Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

mcnaughton

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:00 pm

The guy wears his hart on his sleeve and I have a lot of respect for him, but he was having a mare first half which reminded me of last year when borough put 3 past us and he missed his man 3 times. He can do no wrong why is that, other players make one mistake and there called all sorts.

Re: mcnaughton

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:01 pm

kenfighillblue wrote:The guy wears his hart on his sleeve and I have a lot of respect for him, but he was having a mare first half which reminded me of last year when borough put 3 past us and he missed his man 3 times. He can do no wrong why is that, other players make one mistake and there called all sorts.

Fans will forgive a lack of quality, what we wont forgive is a lack of effort.......as you said Kev never ever fails in the latter :)

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:02 pm

You mean last season when he played out of position? he wasnt at his best then :o

I wouldnt say he had a mare the first half, I would say he wasnt up to his usual standard but still the best performing fullback on the pitch. He works hard, defends well and gets forward well, his passing isnt the best but if it was he would be playing in the premiership.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:05 pm

a fan on Kevin McNaughton's back :lol: :lol: i've seen it all now.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Another 5 players like Super Kev and another 5 like Whitts and we would be champions. Both are top class and may have faults but are vital to our team :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:17 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
kenfighillblue wrote:The guy wears his hart on his sleeve and I have a lot of respect for him, but he was having a mare first half which reminded me of last year when borough put 3 past us and he missed his man 3 times. He can do no wrong why is that, other players make one mistake and there called all sorts.

Fans will forgive a lack of quality, what we wont forgive is a lack of effort.......as you said Kev never ever fails in the latter :)

100% correct,thats all i ask of my boys football team i coach,100% effort :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:21 pm

I would have given Kev Man of the match today.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:38 pm

toss up between kevin and gerrard for man of the match in my opinion,cracking defensive performance all round really,so pleased for lee naylor,i was saying at the start of the season he deserves another chance and showed he still belongs in our squad

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:48 pm

second half was much better from kevin always has more good games than bad games

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Kev was poor in the 1st half? - I'll have a pint of what you are drinking!

Kev man of the match and as usual Witts the player with the vision :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:

Bang on

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Sir Mcnaughton in my opinion.

He is class

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:49 pm

McNaughton slaughtered Konchelsky in the second half. Nuff said :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:21 pm

The ammount of work that Kev gets through is incredible, he is not only the full back but he is the attacking wide man as well, man of the match by a country mile, and a model pro as well :old: :old:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah but he can be forgiven coz he was friggin awsome in the second half :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Where other players last season who had a mare would be utter shite for the whole game