Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WE ARE SERIOUSLY LACKING "

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Options up front.

After reading Malky's comments online this morning that he will go with what he got if he cannot get the right type of player in, suggesting that he has missed out on a target or two because of circumstances as opposed to them going elsewhere, I find it strange that Parkin and Jarvis have been loaned out.

Whether or not Parkin or Jarvis are good enough, I would have much preferred to have options rather than no options, with Earnie and Gestede both getting injured today, the decisions to allow the other two to go out on loan could prove very costly.

We need to bring in someone before Wednesday if both Earnie and Rudy will be missing.

Not only that but Conway looked doubtful for Wednesday when he went off too.

C'mon City let's start spending a little of the budget that was set aside for Bellamy.

Re: WE ARE SERIOUSLY LACKING

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:12 pm

as long as its not soneone for the sake of it, if they dont improve the squad, then theres not much point in having them :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Both Miller & Earnie have had their day, I agree we desperately need to bring in strikers. I cant for the life of me understand why we forked out so much for Miller and pay him such an high wage, he looks lost in this league. Not doubting his ability but I fear its behind him now.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:15 pm

I think Earnie will be OK for Southampton.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:20 pm

There are concerns in both. I'm happy starting Miller up fron on his own, but either out wide or up front we have no options now.

I guess Mason will come in or Conway if he's unfit, but any other injuries will cripple us.

We need to use the loan market NOW

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:23 pm

So much so for this new super fit regime when players are pulling up without getting knocks.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Richard:

If we are getting injuries then maybe it's down to over-doing it, or just the simple case of bad luck....

Carl:

We spent a lot of Bellamy's budget on Miller and Turner!

Opitons or not, Parkin is similar to Gestede, except Gestede is better on the ball, fitter, and better in the air, Jarvis isn't good enough, he plays for Newport at the moment. Miller looked dangerous, although yes we do need 1 or 2 new faces, Earnie was useless.

We would have scored 2 IF IT WASN'T FOR EARNIE, selfish player, starting to annoy me.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:48 pm

It was like having Parkin up front for the last fifteen minutes cos Rudy couldnt fkin move. Except he won more headers than Parkin ever did!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:49 pm

We certainly need a striker and someone who can play wide

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:50 pm

griff105 wrote:It was like having Parkin up front for the last fifteen minutes cos Rudy couldnt fkin move. Except he won more headers than Parkin ever did!!!

ai he even won headers with bad hamstring must bad pain whilst doing it mind, just hope he hasn't done more damage :cry:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Mackie, Hulse & Agyemang should be available for at least a short term loan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:55 pm

[quote="CCFC 24"]Richard:

If we are getting injuries then maybe it's down to over-doing it, or just the simple case of bad luck....

I find that very alarming so early into the season.

Re: " WE ARE SERIOUSLY LACKING "

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:06 pm

We've still got a midfield/attack of cowie, Gunnarson, kiss, whittingham, Mason and miller but as far as I can see we now have no fit midfielders/attackers over 21 to put on bench for southampton and hull. This assumes rudy, earnie, Conway and mcphail are not back by next weekend. We need three players on loan by Wednesday or give Ralls, wildig, farah, o Sullivan a chance.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:07 pm

It's about whos good enough available!?

any ideas who cos i can't think of someone good enough :S

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:08 pm

agree , not sure what the injuries exactly are, but earnie and gestade looked like hamstrings, think hudson and conway were knocks..

lets hope conway is ok for wed, thought darcy did ok when he came on... i was dis when conway went off for and earnie replaced him, i was hoping for mason to come on , think he would have been the creative guy today with that little something missing..

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:Options up front.

After reading Malky's comments online this morning that he will go with what he got if he cannot get the right type of player in, suggesting that he has missed out on a target or two because of circumstances as opposed to them going elsewhere, I find it strange that Parkin and Jarvis have been loaned out.

Whether or not Parkin or Jarvis are good enough, I would have much preferred to have options rather than no options, with Earnie and Gestede both getting injured today, the decisions to allow the other two to go out on loan could prove very costly.

We need to bring in someone before Wednesday if both Earnie and Rudy will be missing.

C'mon City let's start spending a little of the budget that was set aside for Bellamy.

maybe the kick up the arse that city need to get on with things :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:13 pm

[quote="CCFC 24"]Richard:

opitons or not, Parkin is similar to Gestede, except Gestede is better on the ball, fitter, and better in the air,

So actually Parkin is nothing like Gestede then..!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:
CCFC 24 wrote:Richard:

opitons or not, Parkin is similar to Gestede, except Gestede is better on the ball, fitter, and better in the air,

So actually Parkin is nothing like Gestede then..!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
not even a tiny little bit like him :lol:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:Options up front.

Let's not panic - mix and match for Wednesday, stick Mason up front with Miller, and fill any remaining gaps with centre halves! :lol: I'm sure Darcy could play up front - he can do everything else!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Miller is fit and I still rate him if others don't. I guess because of the injuries the formation picks itself 4-5-1, which TBH looks the best formation for the players we have.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm

An injured earnie laying down looked more active than the over rated jock miller who for me scored against west ham and that
S it either shape up or ship out prefer the ship out

What happened to Ben cooper / where's the budget money to time to spend do we really we won't success at Cardiff ? Annis after is extra large breakfast would look sharper than miller what a waste of money and wage bill ! Before I get slated he does not have a clue in the championship and just can't read earnie at all !

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 pm

mallo wrote:An injured earnie laying down looked more active than the over rated jock miller who for me scored against west ham and that

What happened to Ben cooper / where's the budget money to time to spend do we really we won't success at Cardiff ? Annis after is extra large breakfast would look sharper than miller what a waste of money and wage bill ! Before I get slated he does not have a clue in the championship and just can't read earnie at all !

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:23 pm

We dont have to pennys to piss in a pot with thats clear for all to see the season started 2months ago it would have been done by now if we could afford more numbers in and anyone whos says we need the rite player is full of shit there loads of players out there could make are squad up and worse now we are down to the bones once again after 2-3 injurys was always comming and most could see it since after all we have the smallest squad now since 10years+ ago and that was after the new signings :lol: :old:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:
mallo wrote:An injured earnie laying down looked more active than the over rated jock miller who for me scored against west ham and that

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Ah see. My opinion is, that Earnie sat on his arse did as much as Earnie stood on his
feet. He offers nothing. He hangs off the back of the last defender and hits the 6 yd
box. Thats it. Trouble is, in a sprint nowadays, the defenders are just as fast as he is.
Two of his goals this season have been against pants opposition where a 5 year old
could have scored. The real truth is. Both Miller and Earnie are 'box' players. But Miller
is playing a different role, he's attempting to hold the line, its not his normal game.
What will happen is.. Earnie will get ousted for either Mason/Gestede or a new signing
and Miller will end up sniffing round the box.. and cannot fail to make more of an impact
than Earnie. (sorry Earnie)

I think EVERYONE can read Earnie, let alone Miller. Thats Earnies problem

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:45 am

bluebird1977 wrote:We dont have to pennys to piss in a pot with thats clear for all to see the season started 2months ago it would have been done by now if we could afford more numbers in and anyone whos says we need the rite player is full of shit there loads of players out there could make are squad up and worse now we are down to the bones once again after 2-3 injurys was always comming and most could see it since after all we have the smallest squad now since 10years+ ago and that was after the new signings :lol: :old:

Full of shit? perhaps you should check up on the loan rules. If we get loan players
in now, they will be gone before the xmas period. If we leave it til the end of this
week we can get them in and keep them right up until the January window opening
again, then sign them for the rest of the season.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 am

bluebird1977 wrote:We dont have to pennys to piss in a pot with thats clear for all to see the season started 2months ago it would have been done by now if we could afford more numbers in and anyone whos says we need the rite player is full of shit there loads of players out there could make are squad up and worse now we are down to the bones once again after 2-3 injurys was always comming and most could see it since after all we have the smallest squad now since 10years+ ago and that was after the new signings :lol: :old:

Actually we have the smallest squad since the 2003/04 & 2004/5 seasons where we only had 23 players. We have 24 players this season and our problem is we are 5 players fewer than last season but in fairness to MM he is only going to bring in players that share his mindset and not just bodies like our last manager.

MM is having to work with one hand tied behind he back because of deals done by our previous manager, Parkin being the best example as DJ gave him a contract 40% higher than Coventry were prepared to pay him. We are now stuck with him for another 20 months unless another club is prepared to meet that wage or Parkin takes a pay cut.

We have a real diamond of a manager in MM and his teams are putting everything on the line for every minute of every game, his squad is still a work in progress and we should all understand that and stay with them.

The vast majority of fans did yesterday and I think the players will really appreciate the applause they received at the end of the game.

Could anyone imagine Jay Bothroyd staying on the pitch for 20 minutes with a hamstring problem, Rudy Gestede did and that typifies MM team. Fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:08 am

Bang on Castle blue

and Taffy Apple

Hands are tied -still a lot of financial dead wood here, plus Earnie is passed it.
We must be knocking out at least £20k a week on players not required here from old regime.

i would like to see Malky say to either Millar in certain games " you will play your bollox off for 60 mins, i want you to terrorise and chase and runn them ragged- then i am taking you off"

I still think we need a player to go behind loan striker millar in front of the diamond. We have no one who is tops at that yet.
I may like to see Gestade as the loan striker holding the ball with that type of player behind him (a bit like the jacks did with scotland).
Mason aint stong enough for that position and both mason and gestede a little naive at the moment.

You have to say too that we have no on who is on fire in front of goal playing for the club at present (either through form or just not up to it).

We are punching above our weight tho - MM is a legend already :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:14 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:agree , not sure what the injuries exactly are, but earnie and gestade looked like hamstrings, think hudson and conway were knocks..

lets hope conway is ok for wed, thought darcy did ok when he came on... i was dis when conway went off for and earnie replaced him, i was hoping for mason to come on , think he would have been the creative guy today with that little something missing..

Earnie over stretched when closing down a player, and did that silly lunge from behind on Mills, which made him react if you remember this incident....

Conway twisted his ankle, and it didnt look good on tv!!! fair play to him for playing on for a bit though but just couldnt move quick enough...

Hudsons injury is unknown... didnt see him get a nock??

as for rudy! what a player, his hamstring went but he stayed on and battled through!!if that was bothroyd he wuda gone straight off!!!!! :!: give him and earny a pain killing injection!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:12 am

taffyapple wrote:

Full of shit? perhaps you should check up on the loan rules. If we get loan players
in now, they will be gone before the xmas period. If we leave it til the end of this
week we can get them in and keep them right up until the January window opening
again, then sign them for the rest of the season.

Whats loan rules got to do with it my point is we started the season with what i have said above and waiting on loans will not cut it now we have 2-3 injurys for a few weeks we will be short and i fail to see why we didnt get more players in before the season started as we was 5 down munbers wise on the season before even after the signings he brought in that makes me think are the board fully behind him although i know there cutting back anyone with a brain can see that but what i can not grasp how are the owners looking for the prem to get a return or maybe this cut back get a team full of grafters in will work who knows only time will tell but what i do know is this im enjoying watching Eleven ppl working for eachother this season than last season where we had some times show ups and over ego piss heads :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:12 pm

castleblue wrote:Actually we have the smallest squad since the 2003/04 & 2004/5 seasons where we only had 23 players. We have 24 players this season and our problem is we are 5 players fewer than last season but in fairness to MM he is only going to bring in players that share his mindset and not just bodies like our last manager.

MM is having to work with one hand tied behind he back because of deals done by our previous manager, Parkin being the best example as DJ gave him a contract 40% higher than Coventry were prepared to pay him. We are now stuck with him for another 20 months unless another club is prepared to meet that wage or Parkin takes a pay cut.

We have a real diamond of a manager in MM and his teams are putting everything on the line for every minute of every game, his squad is still a work in progress and we should all understand that and stay with them.

The vast majority of fans did yesterday and I think the players will really appreciate the applause they received at the end of the game.

Could anyone imagine Jay Bothroyd staying on the pitch for 20 minutes with a hamstring problem, Rudy Gestede did and that typifies MM team. Fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Superb post.

Thank God for a bit of realism on here after some of the tripe being spouted before.