Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WELL DONE MALKAY "

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Not afraid to change thins when they aren't working, and not only got a plan B but obviously a plan C.
There was a lot of class and skill in that Leicester team, and they gonna win a lot more than they lose.

We keep our un-beaten run going and that can't be a bad thing for team spirit. :ayatollah:

Re: WELL DONE MALKAY

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Agree with all the positives.

Thought Leicester were average though.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Couldn't agree more. It is so good having a manager you can put your faith in.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Thought Naylor had a good game - much improved from last season - so far!! :o :o

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Agree with all the positives.

Thought Leicester were average though.

I thought so to and to be honest I was more impressed with their mid-week team. If those injuries hadn't hit I'm convinced we could have taken all 3 points

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:46 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Not afraid to change thins when they aren't working, and not only got a plan B but obviously a plan C.
There was a lot of class and skill in that Leicester team, and they gonna win a lot more than they lose.

We keep our un-beaten run going and that can't be a bad thing for team spirit. :ayatollah:

Well said Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Looks like we may need a plan D for Wednesday though. Bet MM shows us one as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Totally agree with the opening post.

I'm happy with the point today as well, all things considered.

:ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Was a good allrounf team performance on and off the pitch today and fair play to City's fitness levels for lasting the entire 90 mins with the walking wounded :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:21 pm

It's Malky

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:27 pm

It's one of those names I spell differently every time, from now on it's MM 8-)

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Leicester certainly aren't average, we just made them look it, you tell me Beckford, proven Prem scorer is average!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:33 pm

We would have lost that game last season. We're definitely a harder team to be beat and if MM gets the funds he needs(and deserves)we could be a force to reckon with. There isn't one side in this division to fear. Leicester were ok in patches, but for close-season favourites to go up, compared to the job Newcastle did on us here two years ago, there's definitely a level playing field this term

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:11 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Not afraid to change thins when they aren't working, and not only got a plan B but obviously a plan C.

Spot on Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " WELL DONE MALKAY "

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:00 pm

This was a hard earned point, i think last years team wouldnt have held on.We are getting harder to beat. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:16 pm

Agree Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:31 pm

i thought the effort and commitment was superb today,kev gave 110% as usual had had to be carried off at the end,he gave everything,rudy looked highly dangerous until he got injured and showed tremendous heart to carry on and he still won a few headers. it looks like our squad are definetly going to need the next months international break to recover from injuries

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Backslappers United, 5 across the middle at k.o. AT HOME????????????
Would he have changed it, if Conway was'nt injured????????????????????
Still prefers 2 little 'uns up front??????????????

Well done Lee Naylor today.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Tactics was wise! Obviousley saw we were lacking first half made changes towards the end of the first half and if we got a goal early in the second half would have been cracking but showed determination through out!

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:40 am

CCFC 24 wrote:Leicester certainly aren't average, we just made them look it, you tell me Beckford, proven Prem scorer is average!

Spot on.

First half hour Leicester looked excellent. But our midfield got to grips
with their midfield. Whitts started coming into the game more.

More encouragingly.. When leicester WERE on top, our defence looked
solid

Also... Darcy and Gerrard looked VERY GOOD in that second half

Malky changed tactics, albeit it was forced on him but he wasnt afraid to
and he out thought Sven for much of the game

YES it was 0-0. But that was Leicesters full side, we are still lacking a player or two

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:26 am

I likes him Gwyn - he's a keeper!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:17 am

blue mist wrote:Backslappers United, 5 across the middle at k.o. AT HOME????????????
Would he have changed it, if Conway was'nt injured????????????????????
Still prefers 2 little 'uns up front??????????????

Well done Lee Naylor today.

I agree with blue mist on this, why use this formation at home?
It don't work IMO

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:20 am

Sven is well known as a tactical genius but our Malky matched him and countered any moves he made. Gonna be a brilliant manager I reckon. Puts old Davey (moans) boy in the shade :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:37 am

southampton will be a very hard game and although we have a few injuries...i think he will have a game plan for wednesday and will make it tough for southampton. A lot of fans under estimate the roles some of our players can play like darcy for example.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:40 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:Leicester certainly aren't average, we just made them look it, you tell me Beckford, proven Prem scorer is average!

Some good players but yes an average team so far this season.

Beckford was poor yesterday and hardly what I would called a proven prem scorer.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Some good players but yes an average team so far this season.

Beckford was poor yesterday and hardly what I would called a proven prem scorer.

Instead. Why dont we applaud our defenders and say they kept a very very dangerous
Championship striker quiet.

Why dont we applaud our midfielders and say they stifled the most expensive midfield
in the division very quiet AND allowed Whittingham to run the show for long periods