Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MALKY PLANNING ON WAITING FOR RIGHT LOAN PLAYER "

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:24 am

“We’ve had a couple of targets, but circumstances have meant they have not been available and I won’t go out and bring someone in for the sake of them being a forward,” said Mackay.

“They have to be someone who is going to hit the ground running and are ready to start or will be able to take someone else’s place on the bench. There’s no point in them coming in on loan from a club for any other reason.

“It’s not the case that when that 93-day rule takes them to the end of the year that you will see somebody walk into the building. With the Premier League clubs, their situations change, daily with the youngsters. Sometimes they are allowed out and it all goes smoothly and other times something happens and they are not. But it is such a small group who can change the starting line-up and the bench.

“If it’s not someone who is going to do that for us then I am happy to go on with the squad I have now. There’s no point in bringing a loan player in to just be a member of the squad. Their club would not want that anyway. They have to make an immediate impact on our team. If there is a shortage of those I will go with what I’ve got, but, of course, injuries might change that stance.”

Re: MALKY PLANNING ON WAITING FOR RIGHT LOAN PLAYER

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:29 am

I think he's saying he's looking to get a striker in to stick straight
in the team with A.N. other.

but not sure where the cover for Craig Conway would come from?

Having said that. I've been thinking... Joe Mason would probably
tear some full-backs a new arse if he was called upon to do so :ayatollah:

Re: " MALKY PLANNING ON WAITING FOR RIGHT LOAN PLAYER "

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:53 am

All that means a player like Tom Eaves at Bolton, currently recovering from a knee ligament injury but back in training and Bolton want to send him out on loan. Klasnic has 2 games of a 3 match ban to serve so it may have to wait a while although I understand Blackpool, Burnley and ourselves have been asking about him.

Although only 20 he is 6' 4" with good feet and a very good target man type of player, he also has a good scoring record in the PL reserve division.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:03 am

taffyapple wrote:I think he's saying he's looking to get a striker in to stick straight

i been waiting to see if mm would give mason a chance up front he will give defenders something to think about :D :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:25 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:I think he's saying he's looking to get a striker in to stick straight

i been waiting to see if mm would give mason a chance up front he will give defenders something to think about :D :ayatollah:

Out wide, one on one with a defender. I can see him causing all sorts of problems.

Its not like Conway has blistering pace, hes just very very direct and fires crosses
in early

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 am

taffyapple wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Out wide, one on one with a defender. I can see him causing all sorts of problems.

Its not like Conway has blistering pace, hes just very very direct and fires crosses
in early

yea i agree out wide to but i think he could do a job up top if we get any problems up front suspensions etc