Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff in Europe as soon as the 80's

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Oh how I wish I was born a decade earlier. Were YOU there? Well all I have to say to you is....YOU JAMMY b*stard! :ayatollah:

I was 2 when this game was played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKIRIdGx02M

Re: Cardiff in Europe as soon as the 80's

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:30 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Oh how I wish I was born a decade earlier. Were YOU there? Well all I have to say to you is....YOU JAMMY b*stard! :ayatollah:

Europe away with Cardiff are some of my all time best memories, Admira Wacker,Standard Liege, Aarhuas etc :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:32 pm

I was in Aarhuas also Admira Wacker and Standard Liege :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Educate me, what was it like?? I don't even know the results other than this one if i'm completely honest. How many fans did we take to each game...cant imagine being huge amounts but the noise would have made up for it...what a piss up. :lol:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:41 pm

[quote="splottbluebird48"]I was in Aarhuas also Admira Wacker and Standard Liege :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quotes

nothing European TBH, im glad that your not saying Milan, Madrid & Rome though. :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Liege was a classic remember one well known poster coming out of a certain establishment doing up his zip after the game ha ha

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:51 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Educate me, what was it like?? I don't even know the results other than this one if i'm completely honest. How many fans did we take to each game...cant imagine being huge amounts but the noise would have made up for it...what a piss up. :lol:

im sure annis will say its in his book :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:44 am

baseboy007 wrote:Educate me, what was it like?? I don't even know the results other than this one if i'm completely honest. How many fans did we take to each game...cant imagine being huge amounts but the noise would have made up for it...what a piss up. :lol:

It was like going on Holiday with all your mates.

On the ferry etc, you bump into loads more of your mates

..then when you arrive, the rest of your mates are already there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:Oh how I wish I was born a decade earlier. Were YOU there? Well all I have to say to you is....YOU JAMMY b*stard! :ayatollah:

Europe away with Cardiff are some of my all time best memories, Admira Wacker,Standard Liege, Aarhuas etc :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

first ever away game was servette with martin chivers playing for servette and ron healey saving a penalty to put us through on away goals.
bus journey through france with no toilet on the bus :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:27 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

first ever away game was servette with martin chivers playing for servette and ron healey saving a penalty to put us through on away goals.
bus journey through france with no toilet on the bus :lol: :lol:

:lol: tragic!
imagine that i'd be pissing 4 times an hour , wembley we bad enough no toilets in limo ended walking the last 5 miles for a slash :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Aarhus was a brilliant trip. Amazing that it was 23 years ago, because I remember it so well. I'll post some photos another day.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:35 pm

I went to all the European games at home with my dad, but I was very young and can barely remember anything.

I remember a lot of trouble at Standard Liege, but can't remember anything else about the games. I don't think it it would get any sweeter than seeing City in Europe!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: