Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Claire, The Loovenator and MS Sponsorship

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:28 am

Hi All

I haven't met Claire or Clive (aka The Loovenator) but I have started this fresh thread in an attempt to gather even more support for Clive's participation in the Lloyds TSB Cardiff Half Marathon on 16th October 2011 in order to raise much needed funding for sufferers of Multiple Sclerosis (through the MS Society)

Donations: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... liveMallon

Claire's thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59918 (read the responses from 'NuclearBlue' for an excellent anology of MS)

I have personal experiences of how this condition can take over someones life, as my own wife has had Multiple Sclerosis for more than 25 years

I won't go into the details but suffice to say that she (like many others in the same boat) suffers like I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (and I mean that!!) but she is also one of the bravest people I have ever known. Even the simplest of tasks are not easy for her and yet she soldiers on with an enthusiasm which would shame a lot of able-bodied people half her age

To say I am proud of her is an understatement and I know that others who witness their partners/family members suffering from this and many other debilitating conditions feel the same about their loved ones. And rightly so!!

Claire and her brother Clive (aka 'The Loovenator') have asked the members of this great Message Board to help sponsor his running in the Lloyds TSB Cardiff half Marathon on 16th October 2011 and to date the response from our members has so far been outstanding

If anyone else out there feels they can contribute ANY AMOUNT AT ALL to sponsor Clive then I am sure that all involved (but particularly the sufferers of Multiple Sclerosis) will be eternally grateful. If you cannot contribute via the 'link' above then I am sure that if you PM Claire or The Loovenator they will be able to sort something out

Thank you sincerely to all those that contribute and/or even take the time out to read this or Claire's thread at all. Your support CAN make all the difference!!

Re: Claire, The Loovenator and MS Sponsorship

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Nice post Chief

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Excellent thread Sven and thanks Claire and the Loovenator, a very worthy charity in times when they are concerned about coalition cut backs etc especially concerning MS nurses.
I have spoken to Nukes a few times about MS. Still waiting to meet up for a beer, maybe a forum trip? Are they safe ;-)
Will donate now top work and thanks

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Agreed Steve very good post :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Cheers all

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:19 pm

dougblue wrote:Excellent thread Sven and thanks Claire and the Loovenator, a very worthy charity in times when they are concerned about coalition cut backs etc especially concerning MS nurses.
I have spoken to Nukes a few times about MS. Still waiting to meet up for a beer, maybe a forum trip? Are they safe ;-)
Will donate now top work and thanks

Dougblue are the Forum piss ups safe ? f**k no we have had arrests Broken Bones beer spilt nearly resulting in fights, One member nearly knocked out due to a pool table. Very dodgy company we have had. But in short they are f*cking brilliant. So you will have to come along Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Great thread Sven, thank you.

The sponsorship we've received so far has been amazing, some very generous people on this messageboard. Thank you :ayatollah:

If anyone would like to donate, you can do so via the link below or send me a pm. Every penny really does count.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... liveMallon

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Claire wrote:Great thread Sven, thank you.

The sponsorship we've received so far has been amazing, some very generous people on this messageboard. Thank you :ayatollah:

If anyone would like to donate, you can do so via the link below or send me a pm. Every penny really does count.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... liveMallon

Claire, not a problem and glad to help. You know my circumstances via the PM I sent a couple of days ago :)

Was a pleasure to meet young Phil (Horse with No Name) today and he said he'd spoken to you, Annis and Carl before the game. Was glad to be able to help him (Phil) out too ;)

Good luck with the fund-raising and I'll do all that I can to encourage others to contribute :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Well done Sven Ghali - fund up to £645 now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 am

mugsy wrote:Well done Sven Ghali - fund up to £645 now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks but it's all down to Clive (The Loovenator) for doing the run in the first place and Claire for supporting him so well.

Great total so far and I'm sure it'll go higher yet thanks to the great people on the Cardiff City Forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:43 pm

Oops, back to the top.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:24 pm

There was an article in the Mirror a few Days ago. But one thing unless you hear it from the MS trust then it needs to be treated with caution. But if true it does give hope.
A simple pill could prevent or even cure MS is in the pipeline, Scientists discovered those with the debilitating disorder have much lower levels of brain chemicals called neurosteroids which protect nerve fibres and sheaths.
And they believe those chemicals could be replaced with a daily tablet, Scientists believe they are ready for clinical trials after successful trials with mice produced staggering results, but mainstream use would still be 6 or 7 years away.
Most of these trials are thanks to the work of the MS Trust world wide and that is why any donations will help massively.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Read that nukes, with stem cell trials as well there's potential. But as you say steady caution needed. Saddened to read NICE not given go ahead to fingolomod.
Ms society good website for info etc.
Can't thank Clive and claire enough

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:44 pm

dougblue wrote:Read that nukes, with stem cell trials as well there's potential. But as you say steady caution needed. Saddened to read NICE not given go ahead to fingolomod.

Fingolomod has been widely used in the USA i believe. But it is to expensive for here, around 12,000 a year. They will pay scroungers treble that but an MS sufferer is not deemed worthy. Hate this Country at times :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:29 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
dougblue wrote:Read that nukes, with stem cell trials as well there's potential. But as you say steady caution needed. Saddened to read NICE not given go ahead to fingolomod.

Fingolomod has been widely used in the USA i believe. But it is to expensive for here, around 12,000 a year. They will pay scroungers treble that but an MS sufferer is not deemed worthy. Hate this Country at times :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Unfortunately, it is a sign of the often twisted and 'seen to be PC on the world stage' times we live in :cry: :cry:

But hey, let's look at the positives of THIS event and make sure Clive surpasses all expectations with regard to monies raised from his challenge :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Chief i have found out today Fingolomod was not given the go ahead by NICE because of the very high price. But it will be re submitted again later this year, basically it was thrown back at the Drug company saying make it cheaper or you can shove it up your arse. The problem we all have no matter what drug is that is being used it is the drug company that are fleecing everyone with sky high prices. They are the immoral one's. The NHS will hold out until these wankers lower there prices until then the only ones to suffer are the sufferers themselves.
On a more personal note my Wife has just suffered a Relapse and i had to take her to the Royal Gwent today. The pain she is in is horrendous, So please it does not matter how much please please please put in what you can spare. My Mrs has been bowled over by what this board has raised so far it is by far the best Forum around :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:29 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

Chief i have found out today Fingolomod was not given the go ahead by NICE because of the very high price. But it will be re submitted again later this year, basically it was thrown back at the Drug company saying make it cheaper or you can shove it up your arse. The problem we all have no matter what drug is that is being used it is the drug company that are fleecing everyone with sky high prices. They are the immoral one's. The NHS will hold out until these wankers lower there prices until then the only ones to suffer are the sufferers themselves.
On a more personal note my Wife has just suffered a Relapse and i had to take her to the Royal Gwent today. The pain she is in is horrendous, So please it does not matter how much please please please put in what you can spare. My Mrs has been bowled over by what this board has raised so far it is by far the best Forum around :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Let's hope they come up with the goods, Steve ;)

Sorry to hear about your wife's relapse. I sincerely hope she is at least comfortable at the moment :ayatollah:

I have late today circulated an e-mail around my workplace asking if anyone (approx. 30 in my department) feels they can or would like to support Clive. I notice that a couple have already donated and I hope that more will follow

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:34 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Let's hope they come up with the goods, Steve ;)

Sorry to hear about your wife's relapse. I sincerely hope she is at least comfortable at the moment :ayatollah:

I have late today circulated an e-mail around my workplace asking if anyone (approx. 30 in my department) feels they can or would like to support Clive. I notice that a couple have already donated and I hope that more will follow

Chief thanks for those comments. Cath is in a lot of pain at the moment suffering from Cramps in her Legs and Arms, but i will give her your message. Hate seeing her like this and it makes it even worse when there is nothing i can do to help. A disgusting disease Chief :cry:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:05 am

I wish Cath a speedy recovery Steve and hope the pain eases quickly too... keep your chin up Steve as I know its hard for you aswell... seeing your loved ones suffer hurts also ...

Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Sorry (actually I'm not!! ;) ) but back to the top we go....

Still time to contribute folks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Sorry to hear your wife is going through another tough patch - wishing her all the best :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 am

city112 wrote:I wish Cath a speedy recovery Steve and hope the pain eases quickly too... keep your chin up Steve as I know its hard for you aswell... seeing your loved ones suffer hurts also ...

Cheers Chief and Mugsy :D i do pass these messages on to her. There is a saying amongst MS sufferers and that is "I have MS but MS don't have me" And that is very true of my Wife. Sometimes it is the little things that can make some difference and she certainly smiles when she gets support from members of this forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Nukes - sorry to hear the news that your wife is suffering - please send her my thoughts and hope she gets back on track soon. So much progress being made on things but all seems miles away.
Be strong chief :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:56 pm

Back to top.... :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Thank you all so much for your surreal support for Clive's run....

Still time for others to jump on this worthwhile bandwagon!! :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Thank you all so much for your surreal support for Clive's run....

Still time for others to jump on this worthwhile bandwagon!! :lol: :lol:

Yes Chief that is spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:43 am

Thank you: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61888