Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Malky Or Sven Who Is Under The Most Pressure? "

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:53 am

I know we are only 7 games into the season but with both teams having to play 3 games this week are both managers under equal pressure to get results.

Cardiff City start the week with a home game against Leicester tomorrow followed by a home fixture against Southampton and finish away at Hull. Most Cardiff fans I believe would look on this week as the toughest run of matches we have had this season, so how many points would you expect us to pick up this week. All 3 of our opponents are currently in the top 10 of the Championship but we areat home for 2 of the 3 games.

Leicester after starting at Cardiff have another away game at Middlesbrough on Wednesday followed by a home game to Derby, a nice local derby to finish the week. All of their opponents are currently in the top 6 of the Championship. How many points do you think Leicester fans expect to pick up this week?

More importantly in this results orientated business that football has become is how many points will the owners of each club expect to pick up this week, and will those owners expectation levels place the managers under pressure to deliver.

My own opinion is that Sven is under a lot more pressure this week as after spending a near £15m in his time at Leicester his owners may well be expecting a minimum of 6 points from these 3 games. I would think that MM is under a lot less pressure and maybe collecting 3 points, whilst disappointing, would not put him under pressure.

The question is I suppose will pressure tell on the managers even at this early stage of the season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Malky Or Sven Who Is Under The Most Pressure? "

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:58 am

Gary, good post, just right to build up tomorrows crunch game, exciting times :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:Gary, good post, just right to build up tomorrows crunch game, exciting times :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Really looking forward to both these games this week Annis just hope we get 23k+ crowds for both of them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:08 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Gary, good post, just right to build up tomorrows crunch game, exciting times :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Really looking forward to both these games this week Annis just hope we get 23k+ crowds for both of them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I hope so Gary, Malky and our team deserve 23,000 crowds at the very least :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:07 am

Malky is under no pressure at all!! We all know he is waiting til the end of the month
to ensure the loan signings we get will be available through til January, so we all
know the jigsaw is not complete yet. There are obviously going to be the usual total
dicks who will start slagging the team off Sunday evening if we do lose. But the vast
majority of fans realise how far we have come in such a short time.

Sven, however,.....

He has been given all the money he wants, has got in any player he wanted.

He's the one under pressure and he's never handled it all that well!!

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:15 am

taffyapple wrote:
Sven, however,.....

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:27 am

taffyapple wrote:Malky is under no pressure at all!! We all know he is waiting til the end of the month
to ensure the loan signings we get will be available through til January, so we all
know the jigsaw is not complete yet. There are obviously going to be the usual total
dicks who will start slagging the team off Sunday evening if we do lose. But the vast
majority of fans realise how far we have come in such a short time.

Sven, however,.....

x2. sven is 100% guaranteed to get the boot if leicester dont go up.the money they have and will spend in january will put them in serious trouble if they fail to reach the premiership

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:02 am

Quite a contrast between both ... No pressure for Malky while Sven will be have it all ... first for the sack if things go tits up, along with Steve McClaren?

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:20 am

ZERO PRESSURE ON MALKY...

Stacks of pressure on Sven!!

By the way MARTIN O' NEILL will be LEICESTER CITY MANGER by Christmas!!

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I can't see how Malky is under pressure

I think with the current squad we are punching above our weight

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: Keep up the great work Malky

Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:25 pm

milly44 wrote:ZERO PRESSURE ON MALKY...

the way their board are chucking money around,i could also see this happening

Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:30 pm

englishbluebird wrote:

the way their board are chucking money around,i could also see this happening

No pressure on Malky as he has our respect and we have faith

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Yes it would be very good if we can get 23,000 but then will they be called plastics as they did not turn up for the cup game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Good call that. Wonder what the odds would be on that!

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:51 pm

if leicester loose tommorow sven will be sacked i think :lol: :lol: :lol: you will see him on a surf board down the bah heading for sweden :old: :old: :old:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:54 pm

defo sven i think we will win two nil tomorrow

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:26 pm

We will win tomorrow I have no doubt about that. Malky and the team are enjoying there football right now and there is a good vibe amongst the staff, players and the fans.

Sven on the other hand has to deliver, he is in a similar boat to DJ last season. Nothing but promotion is acceptable for Sven and that is the pressure he is under. Where as Malky knows a top half finish for us would be fine, but going on the start of the season we have had the play offs look more than likely already.

I fancy us to actually finish above Leicester.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:37 am

Leicester fan here in peace.

I agree with you all, Sven is obviously under a fair amount of pressure especially with the money we've spent. The owners have made no secret of their desire for promotion this season and I can't see how Sven could stay if we don't achieve that.

That said I'd be surprised to see him sacked any time soon even if results don't go our way. He's near enough bought a whole new team over the summer and I believe he'll be given a decent run getting them to gel and play the way he wants. It'd be mad to let a manager spend that amount he has and not give him decent run at it (although there's already plenty of foxes fans calling for his head).

Malky seems to be doing a good job for you lot, bet he's a breath of fresh air after Jones.

I'm expecting a good close game tomorrow, hope we can nick a win but tbh i'd take a draw. 6 points from our next 3 games would be great but that'll be tough especially with Derby's current form.

Lets hope it's a cracker tomorrow and all the best for the rest of the season.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:26 am

OwdFox wrote:Leicester fan here in peace.

I agree with you all, Sven is obviously under a fair amount of pressure especially with the money we've spent. The owners have made no secret of their desire for promotion this season and I can't see how Sven could stay if we don't achieve that.

That said I'd be surprised to see him sacked any time soon even if results don't go our way. He's near enough bought a whole new team over the summer and I believe he'll be given a decent run getting them to gel and play the way he wants. It'd be mad to let a manager spend that amount he has and not give him decent run at it (although there's already plenty of foxes fans calling for his head).

Malky seems to be doing a good job for you lot, bet he's a breath of fresh air after Jones.

I'm expecting a good close game tomorrow, hope we can nick a win but tbh i'd take a draw. 6 points from our next 3 games would be great but that'll be tough especially with Derby's current form.

Lets hope it's a cracker tomorrow and all the best for the rest of the season.

As has been posted mate, we are not too concerned at the moment. We KNOW Malky
has a couple of players lined up for next week and all we really need is cover out wide
for Craig Conway (who is brilliant).. and another option up front. Miller and Earnshaw
are too similar, and it does not work up front for them both. But again, it appears
Malky has also sussed this and we are expecting a nice surprise up front, too late for
our game today, but hey ho, we're NOT complaining (believe me, thats a f*cking miracle
for City fans :lol: )

Its our defence and midfield that has got us this solid start, oddly enough, thats the
complete opposite from last season where we scored goals for fun but our defence
and midfield were shite. Best of luck. If Earnie isnt in the starting line-up I think
we will win

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:25 am

Every manager is under pressure to produce results, but I would think Big Sam and Sven Shagger are under tat least hree times as much pressure as any other in the Championship.