Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PARKING FINES FOR DUMBIES.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:05 am

Don't pay them. There has never been a court case upheld in favour of the prosecution with regards to private car parking fines. I myself had a "threatening letter" from Euro car parks not two months ago.

The money saving expert website works a treat. I will be more than happy to share my conversations with Euro Car parks via email, just PM me or email me Richard@stallioncouriers.co.uk. If they don't provide contact details on your PCN (parking charge notice) then find them out (google it), they don't want to provide them because they want you to fight on thier terms which I ludicrous. I told them I try to do my bit for the enviroment so you will have to accept my emails. Standard.

They don't have a leg to stand on, even with photographic evidence. They can't prove you didn't use the shopping facilities, parked over the allocated time and who the individual who was driving. They say you enter a contract with them when entering the car park....BULL. A sign up on a few posts means nothing unless they can prove that it was properly communicated to you. All comes down to lack of evidence!!

The only parking fines I woul ever pay are those enforced by the local authorities. I understand that in fact trying to impersonate Public PCN is against the law, make sure you remind them and demand that they provide all they evidence that they think they will need to win a case....then laugh when they dont respond to your last email, which will be a cease and desist.

Save the money they try and con you into paying and invest it in good times at cardiff city :)

I own a courier company and have many experiences with these companies. Please feel free to contact me for advice.

Your friendly neighbourhood
Richard

Re: PARKING FINES FOR DUMBIES.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:59 am

What is a dumbie? If you are implying people who pay them are "dummies" at least spell it correctly :D why bother going to the bother of e-mailing and arguing with them, just ignore all correspondance and they stop themselves. I said in a previous post i have had over 20 tickets from various private parking firms and have ignored them all, i also refuse to "pay and display" in private car parks. I have only ever responded to a threatening letter once, all i told them that any subsequent letter i recieve from them will result in me ringing them to clarify said letter and that the charge for my time is £20 per phonecall plus £1.50 per min after the first 3 mins. Never heard anything again. Just totally ignore them is the best way!! :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:04 am

CraigCCFC wrote:What is a dumbie? If you are implying people who pay them are "dummies" at least spell it correctly :D why bother going to the bother of e-mailing and arguing with them, just ignore all correspondance and they stop themselves. I said in a previous post i have had over 20 tickets from various private parking firms and have ignored them all, i also refuse to "pay and display" in private car parks. I have only ever responded to a threatening letter once, all i told them that any subsequent letter i recieve from them will result in me ringing them to clarify said letter and that the charge for my time is £20 per phonecall plus £1.50 per min after the first 3 mins. Never heard anything again. Just totally ignore them is the best way!! :ayatollah:

I have to totally agree. There is absolutely no point in contacting Europarks as they never read what you send any way and even if they did they are not interested. They simply play a numbers game, send out x amount of notifications and work on a certain percentage who will pay up without complaining.

If you don't reply then you become uneconomic to pursue any further and the letters stop. Simple as.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:13 am

ChampionBluebird wrote:Don't pay them. There has never been a court case upheld in favour of the prosecution with regards to private car parking fines. I myself had a "threatening letter" from Euro car parks not two months ago.

The money saving expert website works a treat. I will be more than happy to share my conversations with Euro Car parks via email, just PM me or email me Richard@stallioncouriers.co.uk. If they don't provide contact details on your PCN (parking charge notice) then find them out (google it), they don't want to provide them because they want you to fight on thier terms which I ludicrous. I told them I try to do my bit for the enviroment so you will have to accept my emails. Standard.

They don't have a leg to stand on, even with photographic evidence. They can't prove you didn't use the shopping facilities, parked over the allocated time and who the individual who was driving. They say you enter a contract with them when entering the car park....BULL. A sign up on a few posts means nothing unless they can prove that it was properly communicated to you. All comes down to lack of evidence!!

The only parking fines I woul ever pay are those enforced by the local authorities. I understand that in fact trying to impersonate Public PCN is against the law, make sure you remind them and demand that they provide all they evidence that they think they will need to win a case....then laugh when they dont respond to your last email, which will be a cease and desist.

Save the money they try and con you into paying and invest it in good times at cardiff city :)

I own a courier company and have many experiences with these companies. Please feel free to contact me for advice.

Your friendly neighbourhood
Richard

When they start clamping cars you may have Richard to thank.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:18 am

FAO CraigCCFC I knew writting this at 4am would have consequences and that someone like you would spell check it :/ :ayatollah:

I was suggesting people reply to these companies so that they understand the law behind it and feel satisfied and gain confidence when they back off. Ignoring letters is just as good but for somebody doing it the first time I can imagine them being a bit worried by it. All people need to do is their research.

Maccydee - if they really wanted to enforce a parking system they really should use a barrier system (like down the red dragon centre) They know many people use the car parks in that particular retail park and can't clamp everyone. It would be a nightmare for them. And I always have my angle grinder :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:25 pm

never pay a enforcement notice too these cowboys. if anyone needs any help with such tickets visit the consumer action group and search for parking tickets.it's because the odd one pays up that keeps them fishing for others.