Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Betting

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:43 pm

After seeing mccormack rubbing his fingers after scoring his first goal, it made me think is it ethical for a player to bet on a game your playing in. I know this wasn't the case here but in general do you think its right. I don't .

Re: Betting

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:34 pm

kenfighillblue wrote:After seeing mccormack rubbing his fingers after scoring his first goal, it made me think is it ethical for a player to bet on a game your playing in. I know this wasn't the case here but in general do you think its right. I don't .

The FA Rule is that a player can't bet on himself - team - or any other match in his division.
As we know,there are ways around this,but any player found guilty of the above would be fined and get a ban of games.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Had a bet on this game myself! Only had £1.34 in my account so bet 6 or more goals!

I won £12! Lol 8-)

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Had a bet on this game myself! Only had £1.34 in my account so bet 6 or more goals!

I won £12! Lol 8-)

Well done Baz :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Personally dont see the problem betting on a positive.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:27 am

polo wrote:Personally dont see the problem betting on a positive.

So what you are saying is that an member from his club can bet on his team winning :?:

The season before last,we took a few bets on a Blue Sq game - last game of the season,with both teams having nothing to play for...The teams if i remember were Forest Green and Histon.

All the bets were for HT-FT Double result (28-1) with Dbs & Tbs on Cardiff & Liverpools games ( these 2 games were losers )

The Blue Sq came was 0-1 at HT & 2-1 at FT - So the bet came in and payment was witheld for almost another season.
The same bets were placed in 5 Cardiff shops,another 6 or more shops in Bristol and the West country,over 2 days.

I Personally agree that players should be allowed to bet on themselves to score the 1st goal,but then would a player pass the ball if a team mate was in a better position :?:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:33 am

As you say top cat, it could cause a few players to get greedy. I think betting on a out and out win is ok but once you bet on scores, first scorers, halftime ect you open a can of worms.