Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIDSDALE TO LEAVE PLYMOUTH

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:41 am

Peter Ridsdale is to step down from his involvement with Plymouth Argyle, the BBC understands.

The club's acting chairman has been running affairs at Home Park since the club went into administration in March.

The former Leeds United chairman was brought in by the club as an advisor in December having been in talks with the club since November.

He has since been trying to find a buyer for the club and sacked Peter Reid as manager last week.

Ridsdale had been working with a number of parties to save the club.

Under the proposals put forward by one potential buyer Bishop International, Ridsdale would have owned the football side of the club after buying it from the consortium for a nominal fee.

The Pilgrims are expected to release a statement later on Friday to confirm Ridsdale's departure.

The current frontrunner to buy Argyle, James Brent, would not confirm whether Ridsdale was leaving.

"I have a huge amount of regard for Peter Ridsdale," Brent told BBC South West.

"I always made clear that I was keen to talk to him about his position and that had to be acceptable to both Peter and the new company which takes over the club."

Earlier on Friday, Brent told the BBC that his takeover of Argyle would not be complete until the middle of October.

Re: RIDSDALE TO LEAVE PLYMOUTH

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Probably going to Jail :lol:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:00 pm

gagsy_mc wrote:Probably going to Jail :lol:

Certainly a possiblity but I wonder if the 'fit and proper person' test (i.e. the court case over the Golden Ticket) has done his ambition to take over at Plymouth?

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:07 pm

You can see it now , Ridsdale offers PAFC fans thier very own golden ticket in December cant you ?? :lol:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:You can see it now , Ridsdale offers PAFC fans thier very own golden ticket in December cant you ?? :lol:

I stand to be corrected here but didn't Ridsdale run some kind of scheme where season ticket holders donated something like £10 per month to help save the club (or more importantly pay his wages ;) )?

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:45 pm

He's a scheming b*stard thats for sure ...... I bet Carl didnt check his pockets after he interviewed him too :lol:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:34 pm

My mate from Plymouth reckons he's found something else.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:You can see it now , Ridsdale offers PAFC fans thier very own golden ticket in December cant you ?? :lol:

I had a talk with a few Plymouth fans before their game against Burton uo here the other week. I begged them to not buy their STs in advance.

These same fans glorified Reid. Now they have seen their manager sacked......next thing Ridsdale is leaving....ummm, 2 + 2 = 4 in this case.