Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Court today, Pompey away "

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:13 pm

corky wrote:All suspended sentences all three year bans lots of community hours and hundreds of pounds costs but no jail

jail is no place for football fans !

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Good to hear there was no jail sentences but they should never have been in Court at all and we all know now that in future if we see any City fans having a kicking we are all supposed to look the other way and let the law deal with it :roll:

The boys should have been given medals not banning orders :twisted: and well done Corky for supporting our lads all the way :ayatollah:

BTW What did the cowards from Pompey get for launcing the assault :?:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:23 pm

corky wrote:All suspended sentences all three year bans lots of community hours and hundreds of pounds costs but no jail

thats good news ,still shit for what they did but no prison good news

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Just got back, 13 hour round trip but a full car coming home...not one of the Portsmouth lot had any jail either, even though it was proven that they started it all and our lads got off the coach to assist...the video only showed our lads fighting really and it looked like we outnumbered them once the coach had stopped,,,far from the scene of the large gang attacking the 3 City fans.

I am not a lover of fans going to jail to be honest but I am concerned that once again our barristers put up a brilliant case why not to issue a banning order and give the judge every reason to write to the relevant people why a ban was not going to be applicable in this case but the judge had made his mind up that everyone was having a ban...but at least made it as short as he could..3 years which an appeal can be made after 2 years, but the lads are gutted to be honest.It really is concerning me that in almost every case these days judges are taking the easy option of issuing a banning order when in fact they are not an automatic option he has to impose.

The Pompey lads do not attend games and did not contest the banning orders.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:12 pm

thank god they didnt get time , but what a stitch up in the first place

justice my arse

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Sludge wrote:thank god they didnt get time , but what a stitch up in the first place

justice my arse

I have to totally agree with Sludge.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sludge wrote:thank god they didnt get time , but what a stitch up in the first place

justice my arse

I have to totally agree with Sludge.

And i do :evil:

Re: " Court Tomorrow "

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:33 pm

McClane wrote:if it was any other club they wouldn't go to jail

the guy who killed mikey (god rest his soul) is getting better treatment and will proberly get off with a fine

no chance..surely

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:44 pm

i bet the same happens to the troublemakers from leeds and man utd ,yeah right :evil: :evil:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Good news in the sense that they avoided jail. But very inconvenient fines with Christmas just around the corner, community service when they could be spending time with family and bans... all for helping out fellow Cardiff fans in need.

What a f*cking terrible state we live in.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:14 am

If it was proved that the Pompey mob started it, then how can a judge find the city boys guilty? Were they just expected to turn a blind eye. Surely an appeal must be made? Another point. This had nothing to do with the game. The Pompey mob weren't even at Fratton Park,They just picked on 2 innocent city fans, so why the bans? It all stinks to high heavens!

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Fair play,it fecking stinks.