Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Court today, Pompey away "

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Leaving at 5 am in the morning for Portsmouth court, taking three of our lads down in my car, there is a chance that they may not all come back with me..lets hope we are thinking the worse and things will turn out better.

Its been a bad year for City fans with many going to jail and although the vast majority are now home, we still have a few left in various prisons..Tomorrow three more face sentencing for the day they got off the coach to assist three City fans who were severely beaten by a large gang...two are guilty of affray one faces section 4 all have been told that a custodial is very possible and all will take hold alls with them in case the worse happens.

The three all maintain they would do the same again, even though they face jail and worse than that banning orders...which will hit these lifelong fans so much more than jail...the lads who caused the attack did not even attend the match...so we are hopeful that will be taken into account...anyway everything is crossed for the lads Tomorrow.

" The sentences "
by corky ยป Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Just got back, 13 hour round trip but a full car coming home...not one of the Portsmouth lot had any jail either, even though it was proven that they started it all and our lads got off the coach to assist...the video only showed our lads fighting really and it looked like we outnumbered them once the coach had stopped,,,far from the scene of the large gang attacking the 3 City fans.

I am not a lover of fans going to jail to be honest but I am concerned that once again our barristers put up a brilliant case why not to issue a banning order and give the judge every reason to write to the relevant people why a ban was not going to be applicable in this case but the judge had made his mind up that everyone was having a ban...but at least made it as short as he could..3 years which an appeal can be made after 2 years, but the lads are gutted to be honest.It really is concerning me that in almost every case these days judges are taking the easy option of issuing a banning order when in fact they are not an automatic option he has to impose.

The Pompey lads do not attend games and did not contest the banning orders.

Re: Court Tomorrow

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Good luck to everyone of them Corky, they should of had a medal for what they did that day.
Please keep us all updated :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Hope things turn out okay for the boys, they shouldn't have to face this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Corky is Jack one of them if he is tell good luck from me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Good luck to all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Good luck lads :ayatollah: dont know if theyve been found guilty already or what, but if theres any justice in this world then a fine or bit of comunity at the most! They should have never been prosecuted anyway pfft fingers are crossed for them

Re: " Court Tomorrow "

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Good Luck Boys :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Good luck tomorrow boys

Everything crossed here.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Good Luck Lads.

:ayatollah:

Corky, did you here about the Hull Fans recently jailed.

2 were sent down for 8 months, a few others got suspended for a row at Oakwell with Barnsley Fans.

Even though guilty and jailed the Judge refused the aplication of Banning Orders, so in 3 months those lads will be back
watching Football.

I dont know the ins and outs or why the Judge refused the application of banning orders but in the article it just said, Police were now reviewing their options.

The only reason I can think, is that somehow they claimed it wasnt Football related, in which case, maybe these lads have a case?

Maybe worth looking at?

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Good luck boys :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Corky, did you here about the Hull Fans recently jailed.

2 were sent down for 8 months, a few others got suspended for a row at Oakwell with Barnsley Fans.

Even though guilty and jailed the Judge refused the aplication of Banning Orders, so in 3 months those lads will be back
watching Football.

I dont know the ins and outs or why the Judge refused the application of banning orders but in the article it just said, Police were now reviewing their options.

The only reason I can think, is that somehow they claimed it wasnt Football related, in which case, maybe these lads have a case?

Maybe worth looking at?

Yes we monitor all cases and occasionally judges surprise us and do not apply banning orders, but I still get the feeling that the pressure is on judges to issue them...which is something the FSF will be investigating in our full review of the law and legislation which is applied to football fans.It is a big job and complicated with similar cases throughout the country having totally different outcomes...one law but many interpretations...but we have a group on it and will produce a paper with the results of our review

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Ggod luck guys :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:27 pm

corky wrote:Corky, did you here about the Hull Fans recently jailed.

watching Football.

Maybe worth looking at?

Yes we monitor all cases and occasionally judges surprise us and do not apply banning orders, but I still get the feeling that the pressure is on judges to issue them...which is something the FSF will be investigating in our full review of the law and legislation which is applied to football fans.It is a big job and complicated with similar cases throughout the country having totally different outcomes...one law but many interpretations...but we have a group on it and will produce a paper with the results of our review

Keep up the Good Work mate and best wishes to the lads tomorow. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:30 pm

if it was any other club they wouldn't go to jail

the guy who killed mikey (god rest his soul) is getting better treatment and will proberly get off with a fine

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 pm

What time are they on in court tomorrow Cork?

Good luck to the 3 tomorrow

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:11 pm

10 am

Re: " Court Tomorrow, Pompey away "

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:31 pm

All the best lads. Hope that you are all safely home this time tomorrow :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:43 pm

Corky you are a star for all you have done. Good luck to our boys!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Good luck :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Good Luck to you all Tomorrow Boys, I can only hope that common sense prevails in the courtroom and that you all come back home to us.

From myself and Smurf, WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST LADS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:53 pm

its interesting it was on wednesday night driving home from the stadium and they were talking about 'have a go heros' on the radio, and how their actions should be praised as doing the decent thing and helping out citizens in trouble and not punished and treated like criminals lets hope the judge listened to the same programme.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:58 am

Good luck chaps

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:46 am

All the best boys

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:43 am

Good luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Can't believe it ever made it to court :evil:

Re: " Court today, Pompey away "

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:36 am

Good luck lads :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:35 am

All the very best !!
Hope ur all home later and holdalls not required !!

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am

In any other circumstance apart from football these lads would be seen as heroes not villains. They saved two older men from being severely injured or worse from a group of Portsmouth Yobbos. The attack on the two men was sickening and these boys put themselves up to stop the cowardly attack.

I hope they all come back home with you today Corky but I fear not with the prejudice against Cardiff City fans and football. Good Luck to them all.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:12 am

This makes me feel sick. Sick of our Law, sick of the Way football fans are treated. If this had not been a match day it would not of even gone to Court, with a pat on the back to our Lads. What a shit world :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:53 am

Good luck lads :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:06 pm

All suspended sentences all three year bans lots of community hours and hundreds of pounds costs but no jail