Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Credit to Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:38 am

fair play to them, a lot of people were concerned when they were put i charge of appointing a new manager (their biggest and perhaps their most important job so far). i've gotta say the appointment of malky mackay has so far been an overwhelming success.
As i said in another post, everything Malky says and does just fills me with confidence. last night the contrast between him and sven was plain to see. Before the penalty shoot out it was clear who our leader was and the players seem to hang off his every word in a huddle while leicester were devoid of a leader and wandering around kinda aimlessly.
When malky came here it would have maybe been easy to build a quick fix team to enhance his own profile to move on "to the next level" but what we see him doing is restructuring the entire club. Never have i felt so confident in what a manager at our club is doing. To read his interview in the echo where he said about aiming to establish one of the best scouting networks in Britain before developing the same abroad was music to my ears.
His man management also seems spot on and even players who haven't been first choice in the league games were willing to pull on a jersey and give 110% for the shirt last night.
I honestly wouldn't swap malky for any other manager in the championship and apart from Fergie, Wenger and possibly a couple of others i wouldnt swap him for many premier league managers. I think Gethin and Whitely have found an absolute gem in malky and i hope every fan continues to get behind the man if we go through a bad patch or (lose 1 game hahaha). :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Credit to Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Its difficult not to get too carried away. But he reminds me somehow of what
Bill Shankly did at liverpool to "make them a bastion of invincibility!"

In all the previous era's here, under various owners/managers...

Nobody has ever come in and swept clean. The fact that so few of the old squad
remained has been a godsend in my eyes. Add to that he has pretty much cleared
out the old training/management team... he has thoroughly revamped this
football Club. The scouting network is basically just common sense. We will never
compete with Man Utd or Chelsea for players. So its vital we spot talent at a young
age, where we can get them in cheaply and develop them.

Last night, not ONE of those players wanted to be on the pitch playing for a 'second
string' Cardiff City. They ALL wanted to be in the team for Sunday... and didnt they
f*cking prove it... they battled and ran their legs off trying to impress the gaffer.

but it was the cold professionalism of the penalty shoot out that stood out for me.

It was as if Malky had said "the games not over, you got one shot each, make it count!"

.. and by f**k did they do as they were told

I've said this before, the biggest challenge for this club over the next few seasons is going
to be keeping hold of Malky

Re: Credit to Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:24 pm

got to agree considering jenkins comes from an egg backround and not football,he has found us one hell of a manager just think it could have been alan shearer :lol: :lol: