Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

o/t changing from windows vista?

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 am

is windows 7 better? and is there a cheap or free way to change to it? im finding vista aweful im sure xp was better :(

Re: o/t changing from windows vista?

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:49 am

Vista is basically a beta of windows 7 you should be able to grab it cheaply in a bundle with anti virus and such from pcworld etc etc.

However windows 7 Is rather preformance heavy and exploits slower computers quite badly, with that being said windows xp (professional) is your best option.

Hope this helps.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:57 am

typenamehere wrote:Vista is basically a beta of windows 7 you should be able to grab it cheaply in a bundle with anti virus and such from pcworld etc etc.

However windows 7 Is rather preformance heavy and exploits slower computers quite badly, with that being said windows xp (professional) is your best option.

Hope this helps.

my pc isnt the fastest even using firefox and its freezing alot ive run avg and microsoft essentials and nothing found so might try and get xp.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:54 am

jinks-rct wrote:
typenamehere wrote:Vista is basically a beta of windows 7 you should be able to grab it cheaply in a bundle with anti virus and such from pcworld etc etc.

Hope this helps.

my pc isnt the fastest even using firefox and its freezing alot ive run avg and microsoft essentials and nothing found so might try and get xp.

I would say have a try on google chrome it's a stripped oit browser so it should run a bit faster.

When your running the Internet press ctrl + alt + delete and click the perfoances tab, there should be two graphs one with 'cpu' something and I believe the other one is ram, if you can tell me the average percentage I may be able to help your pc run a bit faster.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:22 am

When your running the Internet press ctrl + alt + delete and click the perfoances tab, there should be two graphs one with 'cpu' something and I believe the other one is ram, if you can tell me the average percentage I may be able to help your pc run a bit faster.[/quote]

windows task manager....
one graph says cpu usage which is anything from 0 % to 15 % but mostly around 2% to 4%

one graph says memory 308mb

at the bottom it says process 52 , usage (as above) and memory 69%

sorry i dont have a clue about pc's so not sure what im looking for..

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:38 pm

jinks-rct wrote:When your running the Internet press ctrl + alt + delete and click the perfoances tab, there should be two graphs one with 'cpu' something and I believe the other one is ram, if you can tell me the average percentage I may be able to help your pc run a bit faster.

windows task manager....
one graph says cpu usage which is anything from 0 % to 15 % but mostly around 2% to 4%

one graph says memory 308mb

at the bottom it says process 52 , usage (as above) and memory 69%

sorry i dont have a clue about pc's so not sure what im looking for..[/quote]

no worries that's actually quite uderstandable as to others I've tried to explain too, it seems your speeds are fine just maybe several programs or such are taking up quite a bit of space (imagine fuel consumption of a fiesta with a piano on the roof) you said you used norton Internet security? It's a bad program I could get you the latest kaspersky or nod32 for free in about a day if you wish? It should boost performance of your computer.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Use Ubuntu/ Linux. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:10 pm

adz-a32 wrote:Use Ubuntu/ Linux. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

problem is you have to know a bit to download and install Linux and how to use it.