Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Getting to like this team

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:34 am

I remember last year being told by a member of Cardiff staff that I must be loving the season and my deploy shocked him I stated that it was one of the least enjoyable season I had in supporting city So at the time we were up near the top but the simple reason was I did not feel as if I liked the current team did not feel a bond to them
well this season we may finish lower than last season but already I feel as the team and fans are together and already enjoying the season more than for a few years Does anyone feel the same

Re: Getting to like this team

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:36 am

Milkybarkid wrote:I remember last year being told by a member of Cardiff staff that I must be loving the season and my deploy shocked him I stated that it was one of the least enjoyable season I had in supporting city So at the time we were up near the top but the simple reason was I did not feel as if I liked the current team did not feel a bond to them
well this season we may finish lower than last season but already I feel as the team and fans are together and already enjoying the season more than for a few years Does anyone feel the same

Totally agree with you. Good things are happening at Cardiff City.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 am

Milkybarkid wrote:I remember last year being told by a member of Cardiff staff that I must be loving the season and my deploy shocked him I stated that it was one of the least enjoyable season I had in supporting city So at the time we were up near the top but the simple reason was I did not feel as if I liked the current team did not feel a bond to them

Spot on fella,they are a real team, in fact everyone involved, us included are now part of a team, Malky has been like a breath of fresh air.
:old:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:22 am

BigGwynram wrote:

Spot on fella,they are a real team, in fact everyone involved, us included are now part of a team, Malky has been like a breath of fresh air.
:old:

So true and if only a few things off the field could finally be put to bed, we could forget the past and really push on and make this club one of the best and biggest in the UK

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Totally agree , this team identifies with the fans 100 times more than last years so called stars :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:04 pm

HOWEVER>>>

We are going to witness days when it all goes wrong, when we are off-key
and the opposition is on song. Games where we are well beaten.

BRIGHTON!!!

The team has evolved. It is now working together, fighting together
and running hard at the opposition together. There was no lack of
effort against Brighton, in fact, the harder they tried the more wrong
things went. One of those nights, particularly as they were still all getting
used to each other.

Has the support evolved?

It was sickening to hear some clueless cunts boo the team that night, and
worse still seeing pathetic comments on here. Some even saying Cowie was
a waste of space :evil:

This side DESERVE our respect, even when things go wrong. They should have
been roared and applauded off the pitch that night. Our way of saying "dont
worry lads, we're right behind you" We've always said that all we require is 100%
effort from our team.

Well sometimes, 100% can still come up short

Maybe Sunday could be such a day?... If it is...

Lets leave the players in no doubt as to who we support, and how much support
we are prepared to give them

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Did anyone notice Rudy when the last pen went in. He was
waddling like a duck to join the celebrations. Cramp was
killing him... but he got there!!

Good effort spa!! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:16 pm

taffyapple wrote:HOWEVER>>>

BRIGHTON!!!

used to each other.

Has the support evolved?

worry lads, we're right behind you" We've always said that all we require is 100%
effort from our team.

on saturday at blackpool it was a really frustrating 2nd half and we shouldve won. i thought the fans would get on the players backs after the game but every stood and applauded the team. lets hope it is always like that.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:11 pm

a horse with no name wrote:
taffyapple wrote:HOWEVER>>>

BRIGHTON!!!

used to each other.

Has the support evolved?

effort from our team.

Totally agree there is no lack of effort with this bunch and win lose or draw we need to show our support :ayatollah:

on saturday at blackpool it was a really frustrating 2nd half and we shouldve won. i thought the fans would get on the players backs after the game but every stood and applauded the team. lets hope it is always like that.

At Blackpool they deserved a standing ovation because that was an outstanding performance the only thing missing was the goals and 1 - 5 or 1 - 6 would have been a fair reflection of the game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:38 pm

BANG TIDY MATE

Spot on - i actually look forward to every game full of confidence. Cos win,lose or draw we have a team working their nuts off for us.
I don't want to tempt fate, but the only game this season i thought we'd lose was West Ham -i was soooo frustrated and estranged since the FA Cup final by all the negativity, bullshit, arrogance and blatant robbing.
Its like a cloud has been lifted.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: