Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MALKY SHOWED RESPECT TO THE CARLING CUP, BUT ? "

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:01 am

I will be completely honest. I didn't go to the Leicester game or the Huddersfield game. Although only a tenner for both of those games, I work in Cardiff and if I went to both games I would be staying in Cardiff after work (to save petrol money and rushing home and back to make kick off). So I would buy some food and have a drink or two while waiting around in Cardiff before the game and suddenly, that tenner for the game will go up to me spending at least £20 that evening. So by missing Huddersfield and Leicester, I have saved myself £40 which I can now put towards going to our next away game at Hull.

To be honest, although it's nice for us to have a good run in the Carling Cup, I would quite happily miss every Carling Cup game this season as by putting the money from these games aside, it allows me to attend more away games. I had a long weekend in Blackpool last weekend, and making little cut backs like missing the Huddersfield game went towards paying for that weekend.

Another reason is although everyone's different, I see the Carling Cup as more of an unwelcome distraction which may affect our league form. Of course, I am delighted we have progressed to the last 16 and I hope we defeat whoever we draw in the next round, but if we get knocked out I will be thinking it's one distraction out of the way more than being devasted about the loss.

I will also be honest enough to admit if we do draw a big team like Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal, I will attend to watch the game. The attraction of seeing City playing against some of the best teams in the world is too good an opportunity to miss, regardless of what competition it's in. That's the only occasion I see myself watching a Carling Cup game as emotionally, I see it as a nothing competition.

Re: " MALKY SHOWED RESPECT TO THE CARLING CUP, BUT ? "

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:23 pm

No offence to all those who didnt go but all im reading is excuse after excuse.

Just get there!!!!

Like others have said, no more needs to be said than if we were playing one of the top 4 prem teams the place would have been sold out and thats says it all.

The opposition were playing shouldnt decide whether or not you choose to go to this game or give it a miss !!!!!!

It's just my opinion but yeah i do think that all the most loyal fans dont make excuses and just get to these games.