Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MALKY SHOWED RESPECT TO THE CARLING CUP, BUT ? "

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:02 am

Now this is why I don't post on here much anymore, so many f*cking know it alls...

I guess I will just f*cking choke on that silver spoon that I work all week for :twisted:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:17 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Now this is why I don't post on here much anymore, so many f*cking know it alls...

I guess I will just f*cking choke on that silver spoon that I work all week for :twisted:

im not saying u were all born with silver spoons in your mouth. but your lucky enough to have a job that pays for you to go to these games. just because other people arent in your position doesnt mean those people wouldnt work just as hard as you for the money you earn if they had the opportunity. NOBODY can tell anybody how they should spend their money. as i said if i could i would be at every single game home and away but i just cannot do it, and im sure theres many more people like that on this board. so im just saying the people who are privilleged enough to be able to turn up to games should shut up and enjoy it and stop moaning at the people who simply cannot do it! :twisted: :twisted:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:27 am

Why are most on this post trying to 'justify' their actions??

All of you will have your reasons for not turning up and some will be more valid than others. Finances are certainly a valid reason, as are the travelling costs of those fans that live outside the city boundaries (i.e. in Bridgend, Caerphilly, Newport, Merthyr and up the valleys etc) ;)

Personally (and it is only my opinion) wth some exceptions I fail to hold with the 'school the next day' factor and I have discussed this with others over a long period of time. People manage to get their kids to night games throughout the season and then use this excuse for cup games.

As for leaving early?? Well, I think I have voiced my opinion on that subject before now. What is the poiint of turning up if the kids don't get to see the end?? Historically, the Bluebirds don't do anything easily and the last 10 minutes are often the highlight of the game :ayatollah:

With regard to last nights game against Leicester City?? All I can say is those of us who were there (and it'll be 15000 by the end of today :lol: ) left with pretty big smiles on our faces after a very entertaining evening where we certainly got our monies worth from all involved (Leicester included) :ayatollah:
Last edited by Sven on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:28 am

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:annis to be honest the club should value those who turned up last night and if we get a big team away only those who turned up should be allowed tickets.... for christ sake a tenner!!!!!!!

Its not only a tenner,some of us dont live on the doorstep of the ccs!I'm happy to save for my season ticket but its more like a £30 night out for a cup game with travelling and food.I got my priorities right,my family comes 1st,Simples

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:34 am

i think it goes to show that the vast majority of cardiff fans are valley's based, as i'm sure if the ground was only walking distance then most fans would turn up ;)

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:43 am

Couldn't go because I didn't finish work in time.

I think it is a nice feeling to be called a plastic, been called a lot worse than that. My mrs called me a prick yesterday, so there you go, haha haha hehe hehe hoho mun dur mun !

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:01 pm

tazmania wrote:really winds me up people moaning about people not turning up. if i had the choice id be at every league/cup, home/away match of the season. but i just cant do it, i only manage to get to a few games a year these days. £10 is nothing to some people but to others its alot of money which cannot be spent on a luxury. so stop your moaning and enjoy the fact u can go to all these games!!! not all of us were born with a f*cking silver spoon in our mouths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with a some of what you say, but silver spoon in our mouths you are having a FUC*ING laugh mate. So you are saying that the 8000+ fans that were there last night are were all born with a silver spoon in thier mouths. YOU ARE AN IDIOT if thats what you think :roll: :roll: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Really enjoyed it again 10 quid well spent took the mrs down she enjoyed and she was happy i spent money on her all though i forgot to mention it was only 10 quid pmsl :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
tazmania wrote:really winds me up people moaning about people not turning up. if i had the choice id be at every league/cup, home/away match of the season. but i just cant do it, i only manage to get to a few games a year these days. £10 is nothing to some people but to others its alot of money which cannot be spent on a luxury. so stop your moaning and enjoy the fact u can go to all these games!!! not all of us were born with a f*cking silver spoon in our mouths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with a some of what you say, but silver spoon in our mouths you are having a FUC*ING laugh mate. So you are saying that the 8000+ fans that were there last night are were all born with a silver spoon in thier mouths. YOU ARE AN IDIOT if thats what you think :roll: :roll: :ayatollah:

read my next post, its not what i think at all!!! im not saying all who went are the same, but some who went and are moaning at the people who couldnt should really get off their f*cking high horse

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:11 pm

'PLASTIC FANS' glory hunters, our fans only turn up for cup games when we pull big Clubs out of the hat, everyone who turned up last night should be entitled to at least a ticket each whether they be Ambassadors, season ticket holders or just a pay weekly fan for the next round. Well done to everyone who turned up last night, wasn't the best of games but turned out exciting in the end, and what crowd was there made up a good atmosphere.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:23 pm

FROM FACEBOOK

James Williams big well done to rudy gestede wat a player, so much prefer the earnie gestede partenership, miller and earnie dont seem to work as much, gestede is big and strong and can flick the ball on for either player.... i think rudy should start sun..... if you agree like this!
6 hours ago · Like · 6 people

Graham Sanders As I've said time and time again the marketing at CCFC is shambolic. Not enough effort is made to put bums on seats. Get a PR involved.
5 hours ago · Like

Gareth Partridge A tenner a ticket and people still won't go. I can't see how the club could do much more unless they had some package like a free pint and programme. Fans would soon fill it for a home 2nil defeat to Liverpool but they'd stil have missed these penalty shoot-outs.
4 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

well my job isnt particuly great. i deliver pizzas for a living and earn a mere £4.92 an hour i havent been in work properly since pompey away due to my car breaking down after the game and needing a new engine. i took my last £20 out for train / ticket last night so im now skint till my next pay but i found the money to support my club in a great game. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm

canton blue wrote:'PLASTIC FANS' glory hunters, our fans only turn up for cup games when we pull big Clubs out of the hat, everyone who turned up last night should be entitled to at least a ticket each whether they be Ambassadors, season ticket holders or just a pay weekly fan for the next round. Well done to everyone who turned up last night, wasn't the best of games but turned out exciting in the end, and what crowd was there made up a good atmosphere.

So am I a plastic fan??

Supported city all my life and i cause i simply couldnt afford too go last night makes me a plastic fan?

Also the other nonsense part of that, is that season tickets put there money into the club week in week out, without season ticket this club proberly wouldnt be running. Season tickets get the choice of big games, because they deverse too after all somepeople are putting atleast £2000 into our club everyyear thats including shirts, programmes, food and drink

And by the way well done to everybody that went last night and supported respect :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:FROM FACEBOOK

James Williams big well done to rudy gestede wat a player, so much prefer the earnie gestede partenership, miller and earnie dont seem to work as much, gestede is big and strong and can flick the ball on for either player.... i think rudy should start sun..... if you agree like this!

I agreed with this fine man up until this point (see bold)

now I just think he's a tw*t trying to make Internet friends :)

but yeah football and that..

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah, funds was my problem too last night tbh. With a heavy weekend spent up in Blackpool, and other aspects of life, money does seem to run out quickly these days. Back on form tho with 2 games at the ccs in the next 7 days! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:51 pm

typenamehere wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:FROM FACEBOOK

I agreed with this fine man up until this point (see bold)

now I just think he's a tw*t trying to make Internet friends :)

but yeah football and that..

Couldnt agree more mate . Ego Massage I think its called.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:03 pm

I dont have to justify myself to anyone, I had 4 days in Blackpool on the beer and with the kids to pay for pleasure beach etc.
I went to the last carling game against Huddersfield with my 7 year old.
I missed last night as i couldn't let my football team be 1 short, Next week they will have cover for me. Rant over. :evil:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Whichever way people dress this up IE real fans,plastic fans etc the fact remains most football supporters and managers think the early stages of Carling cup is not important.The entrance fee itself shows clubs know fans dont support it.To the ones who did go welldone BUT please stop getting on the backs of the less wealthy supporters who for whatever reasons didnt go.Rant over

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:45 pm

I agree Annis, I went to Oxford, and both home games...and it makes me sick that should we get a top prem side at home the place would be full..... :evil: :evil:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:50 pm

The Carling Cup is a third rate competition which most people are not interested in. Skysports now promote the Premier League so much that a whole generation of fans think it is the be all and end all. Clubs don't help by putting out second string teams which clearly shows their priority.
The league cup has had its day and I for one would not mourn its passing.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:01 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:I agree Annis, I went to Oxford, and both home games...and it makes me sick that should we get a top prem side at home the place would be full..... :evil: :evil:

What do you want a badge :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:I agree Annis, I went to Oxford, and both home games...and it makes me sick that should we get a top prem side at home the place would be full..... :evil: :evil:

Damn right, nice big shiny one!! Just like jiminie cricket...

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" BRILLIANT NIGHT ONCE AGAIN,BUT WHY DID OUR FANS NOT TURN UP ? "

Where were the Cardiff fans ? £10 and £1 entrance to once again a thrilling/entertaining match.
For the 3rd league cup game in a row, the game went in to extra time and we certainly had value for money.

Personally I enjoy it more with a crowd of 8,000 in there, less moaners :lol: :ayatollah:

Malky once again treated the Carling Cup with respect :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well done to the fans who turned up, no matter who the opposition was :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If we get Man Utd at home, will they turn up then ?

I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE IS NOT LOYAL BY NOT GOING LAST NIGHT, I AM JUST SADDENED BY HOW LOW THE ATTENDANCE WAS,ESPECIALLY AS IT WAS SO CHEAP TO GO and IF THEY HAD BEEN A BIGGER NAME, I AM SURE IT WOULD OF BEEN A FULL HOUSE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Definately agree if we played any of the top 4 we would get 20,000+ there. I've been to them all this season apart from Oxford and i'm planning to go to Wembley and watch us batter United!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:15 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:

Damn right, nice big shiny one!! Just like jiminie cricket...

I will try and sort you a blue peter badge mate :D :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:34 pm

I can't make it sunday, my football team (Brynitrion U18's) have literally nagged me to play as we are struggling to get a side together against chorus steel.
I went last night thoguh, great game and great day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:17 pm

work commitments. i'm not going to take time off to watch us play a team who we play again on sunday.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:35 pm

adamt958 wrote:I can't make it sunday, my football team (Brynitrion U18's) have literally nagged me to play as we are struggling to get a side together against chorus steel.
I went last night thoguh, great game and great day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Scrap that, im watching city :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:28 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" BRILLIANT NIGHT ONCE AGAIN,BUT WHY DID OUR FANS NOT TURN UP ? "

Where were the Cardiff fans ? £10 and £1 entrance to once again a thrilling/entertaining match.
For the 3rd league cup game in a row, the game went in to extra time and we certainly had value for money.

Personally I enjoy it more with a crowd of 8,000 in there, less moaners :lol: :ayatollah:

Well done to the fans who turned up, no matter who the opposition was :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE IS NOT LOYAL BY NOT GOING LAST NIGHT, I AM JUST SADDENED BY HOW LOW THE ATTENDANCE WAS,ESPECIALLY AS IT WAS SO CHEAP TO GO and IF THEY HAD BEEN A BIGGER NAME, I AM SURE IT WOULD OF BEEN A FULL HOUSE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Definately agree if we played any of the top 4 we would get 20,000+ there. I've been to them all this season apart from Oxford and i'm planning to go to Wembley and watch us batter United!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Now that would be good Rhys :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Now that would be good Rhys :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We will, Super Kev will have Ashley Young in his back pocket! :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Pinster25 wrote:
canton blue wrote:'PLASTIC FANS' glory hunters, our fans only turn up for cup games when we pull big Clubs out of the hat, everyone who turned up last night should be entitled to at least a ticket each whether they be Ambassadors, season ticket holders or just a pay weekly fan for the next round. Well done to everyone who turned up last night, wasn't the best of games but turned out exciting in the end, and what crowd was there made up a good atmosphere.

So am I a plastic fan??

Supported city all my life and i cause i simply couldnt afford too go last night makes me a plastic fan?

Also the other nonsense part of that, is that season tickets put there money into the club week in week out, without season ticket this club proberly wouldnt be running. Season tickets get the choice of big games, because they deverse too after all somepeople are putting atleast £2000 into our club everyyear thats including shirts, programmes, food and drink

And by the way well done to everybody that went last night and supported respect :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Big question is would you have gone if it were a big club last night? If you read my post properly I said everyone who went last night should have a ticket regardless whether a season ticket holder or not, as you say season ticket holders put money into the club, which is true so do fans who turn up week in week out and pay at the 'turnstiles' because they cant commit to buying a season ticket, but still turn up to mid week games aswell.