Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MALKY SHOWED RESPECT TO THE CARLING CUP, BUT ? "

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 am

" BRILLIANT NIGHT ONCE AGAIN,BUT WHY DID OUR FANS NOT TURN UP ? "

Where were the Cardiff fans ? £10 and £1 entrance to once again a thrilling/entertaining match.
For the 3rd league cup game in a row, the game went in to extra time and we certainly had value for money.

Personally I enjoy it more with a crowd of 8,000 in there, less moaners :lol: :ayatollah:

Malky once again treated the Carling Cup with respect :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well done to the fans who turned up, no matter who the opposition was :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If we get Man Utd at home, will they turn up then ?

I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE IS NOT LOYAL BY NOT GOING LAST NIGHT, I AM JUST SADDENED BY HOW LOW THE ATTENDANCE WAS,ESPECIALLY AS IT WAS SO CHEAP TO GO and IF THEY HAD BEEN A BIGGER NAME, I AM SURE IT WOULD OF BEEN A FULL HOUSE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " MALKY SHOWED RESPECT TO THE CARLING CUP, BUT ? "

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:15 am

For me Annis I have to support the family first.....to get to a midweek game is a day off work and £70 in petrol....no brainer I'm afraid....but great result.....wifey is a weepy fox this morning.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:16 am

Agree with you Annis, no doubt if we get Man UTD or Liverpool the arse lickers will be out in force demanding tickets.but great to see again the never say die attitude of this team :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:22 am

Annis, you just have to get real these days.

Times are hard and whilst ticket value of £10 is excellent, that is not the true cost of going to a home game - and it is going to get worse - as all clubs so far this season are reporting to the FA.

You cannot blame people, and yes they will find the money if it was Liverpool/Man Ure etc but it is a one-off and luxuries are not what most of our support is about.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:24 am

Great night again, super atmosphere, with only 8000 or so there and a fantastic result in the end :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CCS will be packed to the rafters if we draw one of the big clubs, I have no doubt about that !!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:25 am

One word which represents probably everyone who didn't turn up is 'skint' mate.

I have a young family (3 kids 4 an under) battling against stifled pay rises and a continuing increasd in inflation. I'm extremely lucky I managed to budget a season ticket for this season, let alone any cup and away games.

The vast majority who didnt turn up last night who will be there Sunday will more than likely mirror my situation. And before someone highlights the scenarios such as: 'If it was Man U we wouldve sold out!'. Well thats obvious those are games that you would push the boat out for and get into a bit of debt for as it would or could hold lasting memorys as a City fan.

Do people honestly believe that those who didnt turn up dont actually want to watch a midweek cup game for a 10er - obviously not, its a stupid fukn argument.

South Wales is not the most affluent of areas when everythings rosey, nevermind when we're approaching a double dip recession.

Congrats to those who turned up last night and even bigger congrats to the 20k who will turn up on Sunday :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:25 am

sneggygirl wrote:Great night again, super atmosphere, with only 8000 or so there and a fantastic result in the end :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CCS will be packed to the rafters if we draw one of the big clubs, I have no doubt about that !!

Indeed it will and I bet that they wont charge £10 a tkt either ? ;)

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:29 am

Even if we draw Man U or City, or Liverpool, i wont be there as i cant get anymore time off work (i work nights) as all my holidays have been used on my wedding in july just gone and all the midweek league games :( :( and i cant afford to take a whole shift of unpaid.....unless there are any kind donations flooding my way :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:31 am

I agree it was a great night down at CCS and I personally love the League Cup and the lower crowds because it's like a throw back.

The reason for the lower crowds have been well dealt with above I would only add that the modern working patterns (i.e. shiftwork) also greatly affects midweek matches because rightly individuals put their livelihoods first.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 am

I did not go last night due to costs.I am not an arse licker because I didnt go,I choose my matches and dont see how Malky showed respect when there was 7 changes to team that played Blackpool.(as per report on Wales on line)

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 am

talybryn wrote:I did not go last night due to costs.I am not an arse licker because I didnt go,I choose my matches and dont see how Malky showed respect when there was 7 changes to team that played Blackpool.(as per report on Wales on line)

Well, 4 of those 7 changes were international footballers - Mason, Gestade are very good young players, and Quinn was deemed good enough to be a mainstay in the team last season after Leeds at home. Hardly the u15s really. Squads are there to be used, so I believe Malky did treat it seriously.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:04 am

I went last night and really enjoyed the game but I do understand that these are difficult times financially for lots of fans and I would never disrespect any fan for choosing not to attend the game.

As for the match report by Steve Tucker on Walesonline I have to ask myself if he actually watched the same game as I did, the thing is with Tucker he had made his mind up before he even left the house last night that both managers were not going to "respect" the competition. When it comes to respect this man needs to learn a few things, like does anyone agree that half the "meagre" crowd left the ground at the end of normal time. That's what I call a lack of respect for those who turned up last night.

Both Malky Mackay and Sven may have made a number of changes last night but both teams went for the win and thats what I regard as respecting the fans who turned up.

I think thats the point Annis is making here Malkay send his team out in every game to compete for the full duration of every match, that has not been the case for the last 6 years in my opinion where we have lost away at Barnet and Peterborough.

In my opinion MM has a way about making sure his team, whatever the makeup, give their all and that is a refreshing change. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:12 am

I think that lots who had children, left at the end of normal time yesterday evening due to the time factor.
School next day and all that comes into the equation.

Great night though if you were there, plenty of thrills+ spills :P

:ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:50 am

compared with blackburn v orient 7104 wolves vmillwall 7749 forest vnewcastle10208 palace v boro 5448 i beleive support not that bad

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:12 am

bluestar wrote:compared with blackburn v orient 7104 wolves vmillwall 7749 forest vnewcastle10208 palace v boro 5448 i beleive support not that bad

Don't forget Southampton v Preston 7414 ;)

Good point though :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:19 am

Last night, and the last round of the Carling Cup against Huddersfield, were both brilliant games with a good atmosphere.

I hope we draw a Premier League team at home and the stadium is rocking for it.

Forget the plastics lack of attendance for the less glamorous games, it's nothing new.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:20 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
sneggygirl wrote:Great night again, super atmosphere, with only 8000 or so there and a fantastic result in the end :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Indeed it will and I bet that they wont charge £10 a tkt either ? ;)

Thats where the club need to be loyal to the ones that has turned up, same price for them and if they want to put the prices up for the rest so be it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:36 am

NickPenarth wrote:Last night, and the last round of the Carling Cup against Huddersfield, were both brilliant games with a good atmosphere.

I hope we draw a Premier League team at home and the stadium is rocking for it.

Forget the plastics lack of attendance for the less glamorous games, it's nothing new.

I can't believe it took that long for someone to cry 'it's the plastics fault' your ridiculous mate alot of people have bad circumstances and genuine reasons for not going to any game, unfortunately for myself my train timetable was shit and I missed my train from Abergavenny, but because I am reliant upon public transport and I'm not sitting on a bus for six f*cking hours it would have cost me at least £30 before I'd even parked my arse in a seat.

So, the stadium was rocking with 8000? You say the plastics are silent so why is it so quiet on a normal match day with 20000+? Can't be the plastics becaus they're 'silent' ;)

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:50 am

Of cource they will turn if if we get a big team same reason why there was 7k at blackburn and other shitty attendences around the country :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:" BRILLIANT NIGHT ONCE AGAIN,BUT WHY DID OUR FANS NOT TURN UP ? "

Where were the Cardiff fans ? £10 and £1 entrance to once again a thrilling/entertaining match.
For the 3rd league cup game in a row, the game went in to extra time and we certainly had value for money.

Personally I enjoy it more with a crowd of 8,000 in there, less moaners :lol: :ayatollah:

Malky once again treated the Carling Cup with respect :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well done to the fans who turned up, no matter who the opposition was :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If we get Man Utd at home, will they turn up then ?

I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE IS NOT LOYAL BY NOT GOING LAST NIGHT, I AM JUST SADDENED BY HOW LOW THE ATTENDANCE WAS,ESPECIALLY AS IT WAS SO CHEAP TO GO and IF THEY HAD BEEN A BIGGER NAME, I AM SURE IT WOULD OF BEEN A FULL HOUSE.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
my son has football training on a wednesday nights and he cant miss to sessions on the trot so choose to miss the game lastnight and go to the southampton home game next wednesday..

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:59 am

annis to be honest the club should value those who turned up last night and if we get a big team away only those who turned up should be allowed tickets.... for christ sake a tenner!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:05 am

couldnt afford it simples. just like I cant afford Hull :cry:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 am

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:annis to be honest the club should value those who turned up last night and if we get a big team away only those who turned up should be allowed tickets.... for christ sake a tenner!!!!!!!

spot on mate yeah, a tenner is the same as having 3 less pints over the course of your pay period, or not having a takeaway once, i know people are skint but the most loyal fans will make a few sacrifices here and there to afford these sort of games, believe me when i say that i have to, i have to pay £80 a game train fare to get down from Preston and it just means not going out once or twice in the week

16000 more fans would have conveniently had money or had the evening free if we were playing man utd or liverpool at home last night, im sure of it

ahh well though, their loss huh, they didnt come and support their team and they missed a great game :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:20 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
talybryn wrote:I did not go last night due to costs.I am not an arse licker because I didnt go,I choose my matches and dont see how Malky showed respect when there was 7 changes to team that played Blackpool.(as per report on Wales on line)

Well, 4 of those 7 changes were international footballers - Mason, Gestade are very good young players, and Quinn was deemed good enough to be a mainstay in the team last season after Leeds at home. Hardly the u15s really. Squads are there to be used, so I believe Malky did treat it seriously.

But not the first choice team was it which is what the chap's point was.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:22 am

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:annis to be honest the club should value those who turned up last night and if we get a big team away only those who turned up should be allowed tickets.... for christ sake a tenner!!!!!!!

As someone said it's not just a tenner is it? Unless you can walk there and don't want a drink, any food and walk home.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:27 am

maccydee wrote:

As someone said it's not just a tenner is it? Unless you can walk there and don't want a drink, any food and walk home.

correct mate. Im not lucky enough to have a well paid job at the moment, I manage to pay for a season ticket, then i cant resist aways, and scrape enough and end up going to nearly all of them :|
would I rather save that little bit to go to hull, or go lastnight. EASY ANSWER!!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 am

really winds me up people moaning about people not turning up. if i had the choice id be at every league/cup, home/away match of the season. but i just cant do it, i only manage to get to a few games a year these days. £10 is nothing to some people but to others its alot of money which cannot be spent on a luxury. so stop your moaning and enjoy the fact u can go to all these games!!! not all of us were born with a f*cking silver spoon in our mouths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:41 am

Those who missed it u missed a classic. Just a quid for a kid what tremendous value for money :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:41 am

I had to make a decision go to Blackpool and support the team or go last night i chose Blackpool but was still hoping to go last night but got home from work knackered and feeling like shit and that was it really but please don't label me a plastic :( :o

I also think the fact that we were playing Leicester twice in the space of 4 days also effected the crowd think if we had played someone else like Forest or Southampton we would have had around 10K. Anyway onto the next round and i dreamt last night we drew Blackburn home so watch this space :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:00 am

tazmania wrote:really winds me up people moaning about people not turning up. if i had the choice id be at every league/cup, home/away match of the season. but i just cant do it, i only manage to get to a few games a year these days. £10 is nothing to some people but to others its alot of money which cannot be spent on a luxury. so stop your moaning and enjoy the fact u can go to all these games!!! not all of us were born with a f*cking silver spoon in our mouths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this - every season people moan about this! I was lucky as I only paid a tenner for myself and had 3 free tickets given to me by someone at the club, so that my mrs could take the kids into the Grandstand!

Do my kids , who have been to this one games this season and my mrs 2 games this season deserve to be at the 4th round against someone like Liverpool - ahead of season ticket holders who never went to last nights game? the answer is an obvious NO! ST Holders will always be given priority. (sometimes that can be negative - but we need to man up and accept it!)