Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A LITTLE SAD TO SEE

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:01 pm

only 8,000 odd at the game tonight, ok we all know the prem is our dream but we should all try as hard as we can to give as much backing as we can to Malky and the boys. We have a really good team and manager here ,we know how it feels to be let down ,we all had a taste of that at the end of last season. Lets not let them down . come on guys Back the boys in every game. :ayatollah:

Re: A LITTLE SAD TO SEE

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:09 pm

I know what your saying mate but I spent a good 40 quid tonight and people just dont have it!!

One thing I will be doing though is keeping the Huddersfield ticket and tonight's very safe!

The club should reward those ticket holders with first dibs on the next round!!

It's going to be an away fixture though I am sure!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Not a bad crowd considering it's a wednesday night, everyone's skint, it's the 3rd round of the carling cup and we have the same oponents in the same venue in 4 days!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:20 am

You must have a money tree in your garden mate,most of us have got to pick our games

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:05 am

We pay for a season ticket & away games. I think we can be excused missing the odd cup game against an opposition we have on Sunday in a more important game.

I was kicking myself all night because I didn't go, even when we were losing. But sometimes, you just can't grow money!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:22 am

if it was physically and financially possible believe me i would have been there i hate having to miss games.living in kent midweek games are a no go.i have a season ticket so do the home games though struggle with the train fares to be honest.respect to those that went last night im glad you were rewarded with a win and by the sounds of it an exciting match :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:30 am

We have three home games on the trot, i wanted to go last night but couldmt afford it like many fans, but it is not just us forrest only had ten thousand against newcastle

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:36 am

evans above wrote:We have three home games on the trot, i wanted to go last night but couldmt afford it like many fans, but it is not just us forrest only had ten thousand against newcastle

Same for me Tony .

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:49 am

I dont know why clubs dont just drop the prices for the league cup! if they charge a fiver then surely they would get as much money as they would with usual prices because alot more people would come! it would build the atmosphere and might promote new young fans who may take a strong interest in watching again!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 am

we are skint mate

Thatchers f-ing Britain :(

That said I will go if we get man Utd in the next round. :D

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:38 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:We pay for a season ticket & away games. I think we can be excused missing the odd cup game against an opposition we have on Sunday in a more important game.

I was kicking myself all night because I didn't go, even when we were losing. But sometimes, you just can't grow money!

Good shout mate. I'd have been kicking you too if I could have been there. Though if I could have been there I would have went to the game and probably just kicked you before and after it.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:41 am

PtB wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:We pay for a season ticket & away games. I think we can be excused missing the odd cup game against an opposition we have on Sunday in a more important game.

Good shout mate. I'd have been kicking you too if I could have been there. Though if I could have been there I would have went to the game and probably just kicked you before and after it.

:lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:49 am

I am saving for a wedding, cant justify it. The FA Cup is different but I didnt go to the replay against stoke last year because I knew the old scouser would put our reserves out.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:02 am

For the guys who couldn't be there, you tube posting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvyxSKxuMg

Good Times

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Merlin wrote:
PtB wrote:

:lol:

I knew someone would laugh!!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:22 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:only 8,000 odd at the game tonight, ok we all know the prem is our dream but we should all try as hard as we can to give as much backing as we can to Malky and the boys. We have a really good team and manager here ,we know how it feels to be let down ,we all had a taste of that at the end of last season. Lets not let them down . come on guys Back the boys in every game. :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60174 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:39 pm

i left at halftime becaues it was too loud for my brother

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:53 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:only 8,000 odd at the game tonight, ok we all know the prem is our dream but we should all try as hard as we can to give as much backing as we can to Malky and the boys. We have a really good team and manager here ,we know how it feels to be let down ,we all had a taste of that at the end of last season. Lets not let them down . come on guys Back the boys in every game. :ayatollah:

Have you followed city for over 30 yrs home and away ?
Do you have a season ticket or been a season ticket holder for over 15yrs ?
Do you go to most away games?
Have you paid for your children to be mascots at the club?
Do you work shifts?
Do you have 4 children to support?

the list can go on...

so the point i'm trying to make is who the f**k do you or any of the other people who are commenting about people who didn't attend last night think you are !! so myself and the others who didn't attend are not loyal or are plastic.. YOU CHEEKY FUCKERS...!! Probably some of you who are making these comments still live at home with mum and dad have no real commitments and been following the city for only a few years... so don't f*cking come on here spouting that your loyal and others ain't..!! Not as though anyone who didn't turn up last night has to justify anything to you or anyone else, so don't jump to conclusions when everyone has their own reason for not attending... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:15 pm

The carling cup is not well supported up and down the country it is not only us with low crowds. :roll:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Midfield general wrote:
placid-casual wrote:we are skint mate

Thatchers f-ing Britain :(

That said I will go if we get man Utd in the next round. :D

What's thatcher got to do with it ? Grow up

I think all the answers to the question says everything and totally agree.
On the Thatcher bit, she started the rot of the UK, by firstly selling off all our oil from the north sea for pure greed and short term gain, she then went on to close all our pits, she closed down just about all of our manufacturing industries, thereby making us import just about everything for inflated prices - thats Thatcher for you on the reason why people cannot afford to go to every game home and away, pay a mortgage, bring up children, on the money they have got, they need to prioritise their finances.
I say "they" as I am one of the lucky ones and can afford to go to all games including the league cup. Get real chaps, times are f*cking hard.

8,000+ is not bad in todays climate. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Midfield general wrote:We never had it so good during the mid naughties. So people including myself would rather blame Gordon Brown and not repairingthe green house while the sun was shining.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, if Che could here you backing Thatcher :lol: :ayatollah: