Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A big up for McPhail

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Didn't last long about half an hour I think but while he was there he controlled things well and stood out. He will certainly be an asset for us this season. Looked like he pulled a muscle tonight, shame really.

Re: A big up for McPhail

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:07 pm

when he came off he was holding his groin and he looked absolutely devastated :(

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:51 pm

mcphail looked very bright and up for it,gutted for him when he went off,really hope hes back soon

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:44 am

I think he will be a big player for us this season especially now we have top drawer holding midfielders to protect him and allow him to do his thing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:28 am

ihatealiens wrote:I think he will be a big player for us this season especially now we have top drawer holding midfielders to protect him and allow him to do his thing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree there as I think he has more vision and a greater cutting edge than say Whitts playing in that position ??

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 am

ihatealiens wrote:Didn't last long about half an hour I think but while he was there he controlled things well and stood out. He will certainly be an asset for us this season. Looked like he pulled a muscle tonight, shame really.

McPhail has no future in this work ethic driven Cardiff City side. It sounds harsh but I was delighted when he went off and I really hope the injury keeps him out for the rest of the season as his late returns to the side over the past few seasons have coincided with our annual blow ups.

He might be a nice guy, but as a footballer I just wish he would finally f**k off somewhere else and f**k up someone elses promotion ambitions.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:13 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Didn't last long about half an hour I think but while he was there he controlled things well and stood out. He will certainly be an asset for us this season. Looked like he pulled a muscle tonight, shame really.

McPhail has no future in this work ethic driven Cardiff City side. It sounds harsh but I was delighted when he went off and I really hope the injury keeps him out for the rest of the season as his late returns to the side over the past few seasons have coincided with our annual blow ups.

He might be a nice guy, but as a footballer I just wish he would finally f**k off somewhere else and f**k up someone elses promotion ambitions.

Sorry but that is utter shit. The man is a class act and has always given 100% in Cardiff shirt. If anything this hard working Cardiff side suits phaily down to the ground. And for wanting him not play for the rest of the season makes me feel sick the man has been through he'll in the past year and deserves to plaY! Saying something like that is unacceptable! Disgusted !

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 am

Bobbanker89 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Sorry but that is utter shit. The man is a class act and has always given 100% in Cardiff shirt. If anything this hard working Cardiff side suits phaily down to the ground. And for wanting him not play for the rest of the season makes me feel sick the man has been through he'll in the past year and deserves to plaY! Saying something like that is unacceptable! Disgusted !

Oh drop the moral high ground crap. McPhail is a proven failure who hasn't scored a goal since March 2008 and his returns from injury over the past few seasons have always coincided with our end of season collapses.

That is not disgusting that is a FACT and the bloke has had enough chances to make a difference and simply hasn't. Further whatever his personal problems have been over the past few years that gives him no right to a place in the starting XI or a place on the bench.

Finally no way is McPhail a hard working midfielder. I watch him closely and all I see is someone who ambles around pointing to other to do the donkey work and you can see how much this winds up his fellow midfielders.

You want an example of a hard working midfielder? Don Cowie is everything you want and any comparison between him and McPhail would be totally preposterous.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:47 am

I think Mcphail is a great footballer and its not his style to be roaring about the field with energy but instead is one who moves the ball about! I understand the critics for him though! he hasn't done much in terms of scoring and perhaps it is time for a change!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:57 am

he is a class act but i have a feeling his career is over he hasnt got the legs anymore

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:51 am

McPhail has been a good servant to this club, some of our fans just dont have a clue