Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cracking night down the CCS tonight

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Those who missed it unlucky :lol: :lol: :lol: . Seriously though did you see some of the Leicester players showing off and taking the piss after their penalty kicks while our lads went on their methodical way smashing the ball in the net :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol: - shoulda seen the Leicester players after the shootout - devastated is the word :lol: :lol: :lol: . Overall though a great team performance for 120 minutes and Rudy Gestede really came of age tonight, boy does he look some find. I think if he had the confidence to shoot more he would get a lot of goals this season. For me the Gestede - Earnie Partnership is the one to go with they seem to have a good understanding. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: marks out of 10? a 10 of course :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Cracking night down the CCS tonight

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:04 am

I've thought that Earnie & Gestede would make a good partnership too.....good call :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:17 am

Great night, atmosphere was awesome. especially the pens. Rudy is still raw, but you can see he has bags of talent, how on earth did he end up here? Who's idea was it etc? Who cares on a free he is fantastic business. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 am

I'm loving these Cup nights, like the old days, everyone running to get behind the goal for the pens, lol!! Brilliant!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 am

Gestade was aweome - ok - he may need a little bit of fine tuning, but he was challenging for balls that Bothroyd would never have gone for..........

His goal was..... well brilliantly taken..........penalties were nerve racking but we came good.

Fitness levels were impressive but Keinan needs to try and get the ball w/o fouling the player too often.

Overall a great night!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: KEEP THE FAITH

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 am

ihatealiens wrote:Those who missed it unlucky :lol: :lol: :lol: . Seriously though did you see some of the Leicester players showing off and taking the piss after their penalty kicks while our lads went on their methodical way smashing the ball in the net :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol: - shoulda seen the Leicester players after the shootout - devastated is the word :lol: :lol: :lol: . Overall though a great team performance for 120 minutes and Rudy Gestede really came of age tonight, boy does he look some find. I think if he had the confidence to shoot more he would get a lot of goals this season. For me the Gestede - Earnie Partnership is the one to go with they seem to have a good understanding. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: marks out of 10? a 10 of course :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Rudy Gestede is going to be some player and I predict he will be a cult hero for decades to come :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 am

Rudy and Miller will start Sunday.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:02 am

taffyapple wrote:Rudy and Miller will start Sunday.

hope so :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:15 am

Hate being negative but i thought Ernie was woefull !

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:27 am

Double G wrote:Hate being negative but i thought Ernie was woefull !

Didn't have a good game but he wasn't the worst. Kienan was terrible and Taylor was getting skinned alive until he went off (strangely Naylor made a real difference).

But worst was left until the last, Marshall and the Leciester keeper had to be the worst 2 keepers I have ever seen in a penalty shoot out, basically if the penalty taker hit the goal target it went in as those 2 did everything they could to get away from making a save :lol: it was always going to be decided by someone sticking one over the bar.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:35 am

Double G wrote:Hate being negative but i thought Ernie was woefull !

My sentiments exactly, he has lost the one thing that got him goals, and that is pace, we all want to see Ernie back to where he was before he left us, I think he should start the game on the bench and come on as an impact player. or will MM play the same formation has he did at Blackpool? five in midfield with Miller the loan striker, Rudy did great last night won a lot in the air, and scored a great goal.