Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Left back for Sunday

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:08 pm

If as looks likely Taylor is out on Sunday would you play Naylor at left back or Kev with Quinn coming in at right back?

Re: Left back for Sunday

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:12 pm

I'd personally play naylor.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:05 pm

i agree with 2 blue on this one Quinn looks way more dodgy well today at least... AND THAT HANDBALL :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:09 pm

That handball was quality :lol:

I like Quinn but the way we are playing I think we need players at full back who can go forward well and give us width.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am

I think Malky has to pick Naylor, as if he doesn't he's saying he has no faith in him.

I would pick Quinn right back and swap Kev to left back personally but I think Malky has to pick Lee Naylor if Taylor's out injured (God help us).

If he doesn't pick Naylor he might as well farm him out on loan somewhere and be done with it.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 am

is taylor injured?

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:43 am

We need fullbacks with genuine pace because Leicester will play Beckford and Vassell and with Hudson/ Gerrard centre back partnership we need the pace to cover. On that basis for me it has to be McNaughton at LB and Darcy at RB and as both have hood engines they will be able to get forward as and when we need them.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 am

Quinn - Kev
Kev - Naylor
Kev - Blake

Any of this is fine

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:56 am

Think Blake will be given the nod to play, but in all fairness to Naylor he has not been that bad this season. He is another player who seems to be improving under MM . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:15 pm

I suspect Malky will prove he has faith in his players and give Naylor the nod.

Personally, because of what Leicester bring to the table, I'd play Darcy at
right back and Kev on the left. We would be that extra bit stronger at the
back then. Thats no disrespect to Naylor who is proving all of us wrong so
far :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:23 pm

taffyapple wrote:I suspect Malky will prove he has faith in his players and give Naylor the nod.

Personally, because of what Leicester bring to the table, I'd play Darcy at
right back and Kev on the left. We would be that extra bit stronger at the
back then. Thats no disrespect to Naylor who is proving all of us wrong so
far :ayatollah:

Would agree that Naylor may well be MM choice, and as other posts have said, he has held his own so far when given the chance.

Playing him now will also be a test of his ability whilst the loan window is still open

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Assuming that Taylor is out for Sunday, and it might just have been a precaution last night to take him off, then Naylor deserves the chance. Moving Kev over to left back would mess things around too much. Naylor got slated last season, mainly for the away games at Watford and Bristol City, but was left very exposed by a non-existant midfield. We are defending better as a team this season. Besides, new season, fresh start. Naylor is a good, honest professional, who has played Champions' League.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:15 pm

NickPenarth wrote:I think Malky has to pick Naylor, as if he doesn't he's saying he has no faith in him.

I would pick Quinn right back and swap Kev to left back personally but I think Malky has to pick Lee Naylor if Taylor's out injured (God help us).

If he doesn't pick Naylor he might as well farm him out on loan somewhere and be done with it.

I think Malky has already made his mind up on certain players hence Parkin is trying to be off loaded, Gypes nowhere to be seen and with Naylor on the bench last night the omens are not good for him, personally I don't mind if Naylor, Blake or Quinn play as I think they will do an adequate job