Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Quiz question 1982-83 season

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:22 pm

During that season I think we had a game postponed at the last minute at home. Who was it against, what was the date and who did we play next???

Re: Quiz question 1982-83 season

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Millwall at home due to the skies emptying on Ninian Park

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:33 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Millwall at home due to the skies emptying on Ninian Park

My first game :(

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Einstein wrote:

That was a great year for the City, Jeff Hemmerman, Bob Hatton & our first ever super signing Godfrey Ingram. God bless Clemo :?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Jeff H got injured in a nothing game against Bristol R last game of the season that basically ended his career. :(

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:51 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Einstein wrote:

That was a great year for the City, Jeff Hemmerman, Bob Hatton & our first ever super signing Godfrey Ingram. God bless Clemo :?

Bennett brothers, Dave Tong, Roger Gibbins etc..

My first ever full CCFC season and a promotion at the end of it. Never forget sitting in the Grandstand as a 10 year old watching 10000 others on pitch after the Orient game that clinched promotion. Happy days.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Einstein wrote:Jeff H got injured in a nothing game against Bristol R last game of the season that basically ended his career. :(

You could actually hear the crack of his leg at Eastville, sickening.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:23 am

Was that an FA cup match I seem to remember about 400 of us went to Newport after it was cancelled because they were playing Everton got there about 20 mins into the match and Milwall fans had the same idea it was quite tastey in the away end at that match. Then about another 200 City fans were in the Newport end as well.

But that might have been another year.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:37 am

martin8422 wrote:Was that an FA cup match I seem to remember about 400 of us went to Newport after it was cancelled because they were playing Everton got there about 20 mins into the match and Milwall fans had the same idea it was quite tastey in the away end at that match. Then about another 200 City fans were in the Newport end as well.

But that might have been another year.

The match cancelled against Millwall was a league game. Newport were playing Everton in the F.A Cup. It was the same season :ayatollah: