Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

worst ever cardiff city players

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:18 am

Over the year at Cardiff we have had some absolute gash players, some of them were not fit to wear any clubs shirt let alone ours. For me the worst player I ever saw play for us was Carlton Leonard. Absolutely shocking.

Your thoughts?

Re: worst ever cardiff city players

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:37 am

Andy Jordan, utter shite & I hated him for being son of cheating b*stard.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:43 am

Andy Jordan is that the guy with 2 goals from 2 starts in his own net?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:46 am

andy Jordan
philiskirk
Robbie Fowler :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:47 am

Stern wrote:Andy Jordan is that the guy with 2 goals from 2 starts in his own net?

thats Him came Highly regarded from worzel city

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:50 am

placid-casual wrote:andy Jordan
philiskirk
Robbie Fowler :ayatollah:

I wouldnt agree with Fowler. He did shit on the club and was always injured but when he plaed he did have a touch of real quality about him. We have had far worse than him up front, Cameron Toshack, Andy Saville to name 2 straight away

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:51 am

Stern wrote:Andy Jordan is that the guy with 2 goals from 2 starts in his own net?

Yep, thats the useless kent ;)

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:53 am

who was the centre half we got from Shrewsbury, big lump but always injured? think he retired through injury. signed around the year 2000. Also who remembers Derek Showers, Lethal Lynex, Jorn Schwinkendorf and Craig Middleton?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:58 am

I never rated Gavin Gordon, until he twatted Rio Ferdinand in fa cup match..........

Tony Philiskirk hands down a lazy useless Wanker...

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:23 am

aj1927 wrote:I never rated Gavin Gordon, until he twatted Rio Ferdinand in fa cup match..........

Gavin Gordon was very strong and quick but was a useless footballer. We signed after he scored 2 against us for lincoln. I am sure he scored 5 in a match once though

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:55 am

joninian1927 wrote:who was the centre half we got from Shrewsbury, big lump but always injured? think he retired through injury. signed around the year 2000. Also who remembers Derek Showers, Lethal Lynex, Jorn Schwinkendorf and Craig Middleton?

Was that Centre Half David Hughes or something?

As for the worst player... Well there have been loads that have played one or
two games so that would be a tough call. but City players, ones who played
week in week out, yet were pants.....

"Mab i twyllo" was by far the worst i ever saw in a City top.

This is your job today fellers. Translate it... then answers as to who it is on a stamp
to

T. Apple
The Orchard
Walesville
Kentucky
KY 1927

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 am

taffyapple wrote:
joninian1927 wrote:who was the centre half we got from Shrewsbury, big lump but always injured? think he retired through injury. signed around the year 2000. Also who remembers Derek Showers, Lethal Lynex, Jorn Schwinkendorf and Craig Middleton?

This is your job today fellers. Translate it... then answers as to who it is on a stamp
to

T. Apple
The Orchard
Walesville
Kentucky
KY 1927

I think it was David Hughes, just remembered Jimmy Rollo a well. shocking.... remember when he scored and knocked himself out against the post

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 am

Has to be Bywater

Was here for such a short time but cost us (together with others) so much!!

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:17 am

taffyapple wrote:

to

T. Apple
The Orchard
Walesville
Kentucky
KY 1927

Hand of jock

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 am

David Penny ,fat useless ex jack

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:59 am

Craig Middleton :shock: Scored some important goals from midfield, including a debut goal against Scunthorpe Utd whilst supposedly only on trial from Cambridge.

You'll be saying Mark Kelly, Nicky Richardson or Paul Wimbleton next. :)

Anyway, I say Chris Allen.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:03 am

joninian1927 wrote: I think it was David Hughes, just remembered Jimmy Rollo a well. shocking.... remember when he scored and knocked himself out against the post

Southend Utd, last minute equaliser in the League Cup (back when it was two legs). Diving header and I thought he was dead. The longest pause I've ever had waiting to celebrate a City goal. Didn't seem to bother most people around me though. :roll:

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:43 am

Occasional Violins wrote:

Craig Middleton :shock: Scored some important goals from midfield, including a debut goal against Scunthorpe Utd whilst supposedly only on trial from Cambridge.

You'll be saying Mark Kelly, Nicky Richardson or Paul Wimbleton next. :)

Anyway, I say Chris Allen.

Great shout about Chris Allen, he was gash.

Also Craig Middleton was decent, always showed some guts.

Some others to add to the list:

Paul Milsom (signed on loan from Brizzle City in the 90's)
Phil Heath (brother of Adrian and we had him in about 91)
John Pearson (free transfer from leeds in mid 90's)

Also Iwan Redan and Luigi Glombard need a mention.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:50 am

STEPHEN BYWATER simple as

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:00 pm

Richard Langley,
We bought him at the start of our first year in the Championship from QPR. If you wonder how me managed to get so into debt during Sam's time, he is a shining example. You can forgive players for most things, as long as you see effort, this fella couldn't be arsed with us and went back to QPR a couple of years later (only once his contract had run out of course)
What about that Greek Jack keeper, Konstantopoplos? Kept us out of the playoffs couple of years ago.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Graham withey, kevin meacock Lee smelt :lol: Jason gummer and all of Alan Durbans dire squad. I know most of us crave the old days of ninian but imagine going back to this shite :( :old:

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:26 pm

dai thomas

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:28 pm

joninian1927 wrote:
aj1927 wrote:I never rated Gavin Gordon, until he twatted Rio Ferdinand in fa cup match..........

Gavin Gordon was very strong and quick but was a useless footballer. We signed after he scored 2 against us for lincoln. I am sure he scored 5 in a match once though

we were talking bout gavin gordon the other day in the huddersfield game i thought he scored 5 on his debut which i thought was in 1 of those faw games i was sad enough to go and watch ,but mate seemed to think it was a league cup game?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:30 pm

ANDY JORDAN, CAMERON TOSHACK, CARLTON LEONARD 3 USELESS TWATS :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:32 pm

tommo blue wrote:ANDY JORDAN, CAMERON TOSHACK, CARLTON LEONARD 3 USELESS TWATS :lol: :lol:

what bout zoff the goalie 1 game never seen again lol

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:45 pm

yoyo wrote:What about that Greek Jack keeper, Konstantopoplos? Kept us out of the playoffs couple of years ago.

Awful :x

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:58 pm

There have been some shockers over the years but I'm discounting the lower league times as they weren't meant to be that good really.

Some stick out more than others though even then - Chris Roden and Scott Partridge were awful. then latterly Simkins and Gavin Gordon.

The rest are all Jones' signings :

Turnbull, Konstantinopolous, Bywater, Oakes
Darlington, Mulryne, Whitely, Capaldi, Commingues, Taiwo
Glombard, Mckoy, Byrne, Ferretti, Feeney, Redan
E Johnson, K Campbell,

There must be more but those are indleibly impressed in my mind :shock:

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Got to be Toshack.......... Cameron not John :D and who remembers Billy Woof he had a bit of dog about him but was really ruff :lol:

Honorable mentions to Kevin Meacock, Constant Dropolotus, JLS and Bywater :twisted:

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:27 pm

Schwinkendorf, Fan Zhyhi, Cameron Toshack, Morrys Scott, Iwan Redan, Martin John, Jason Byrne, to name a few, the list is endless.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:33 pm

blooooobird69 wrote:
tommo blue wrote:ANDY JORDAN, CAMERON TOSHACK, CARLTON LEONARD 3 USELESS TWATS :lol: :lol:

what bout zoff the goalie 1 game never seen again lol

sorry was it zeus the goalie ?