Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLEASE

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Some of you on here may know that my Gran passed away last September, after a 39 year battle with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

I know from previous threads that there are a few on here who have family members that also suffer from this debilitating, degenerative disease.

In honour of my Gran, my brother (The Loovenator) is running the Cardiff half marathon on 16th October for the MS Trust.

If anyone on here could donate anything at all it would be greatly appreciated.

Donations can be made at:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... liveMallon

Please, please, please, make a donation if you can. Thank you :)

Re: Please

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Count me in for £20 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:56 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Count me in for £20 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thank you so much! :D

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:07 pm

I lost my uncle to cancer, my god father to cancer and my by friends father to cancer and have never given to a cancer research charity or any other charity other than the RSPCA ever since. I guess I felt somewhat bitter that they couldn't be saved.

But..... My mother was a carer and looked after people with multiple sclerosis for many years Claire, and she told me how horrible it was to see people go down hill with it.. She saw them go from happy going people to there death beds and she said she would never wish it on anyone.

I will donate £50 now Claire because I now realise without our donations, the research for any illness or diease would be near enough impossible to find a cure for.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:11 pm

It's a yes from me! xx :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:14 pm

If anyone has Facebook,follow the link and share...I have, every little helps. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:I lost my uncle to cancer, my god father to cancer and my by friends father to cancer and have never given to a cancer research charity or any other charity other than the RSPCA ever since. I guess I felt somewhat bitter that they couldn't be saved.

But..... My mother was a carer and looked after people with multiple sclerosis for many years Claire, and she told me how horrible it was to see people go down hill with it.. She saw them go from happy going people to there death beds and she said she would never wish it on anyone.

I will donate £50 now Claire because I now realise without our donations, the research for any illness or diease would be near enough impossible to find a cure for.

Thank you so much, that is so generous. You actually just made me cry! Thank you again

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 pm

mugsy wrote:It's a yes from me! xx :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks Dad xx

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:17 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:If anyone has Facebook,follow the link and share...I have, every little helps. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I appreciate it, thank you!

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Claire wrote:
Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:I lost my uncle to cancer, my god father to cancer and my by friends father to cancer and have never given to a cancer research charity or any other charity other than the RSPCA ever since. I guess I felt somewhat bitter that they couldn't be saved.

Thank you so much, that is so generous. You actually just made me cry! Thank you again

No need to thank me, didnt wanna make you she any tears, just put some cash on too?,

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks for putting this up Claire & thanks for those who've saide they'll sponsor, much appreciated.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 pm

i lost my mother to MS, i would be more than happy to donate :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Claire i am so sorry for your loss. As you know this cause is very close to my heart as i have opened up a little to you in the past. Tell your Brother that we will be rooting for him all the way. I will make a donation now. But you are right it is a horrible disease, in fact it is the disease of the Devil and you can see your loved ones just deteriorate day by Day.
One bright note that they are trialing a new treatment involving treating the stem cells and re injecting it back again. They are quite optimistic that this will bring positive results. This research was and still is being funded by the MS Society of the UK and USA.
Personally i would give away everything i own to cure my Wife so please everyone please give whatever you can, only if its a quid.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Folks,

I do not know Claire or her brother 'The Loovenator' personally but what I do know is that they are raising money for one of the most worthy charities in the land and they are to be highly commended for doing so

Putting all footballing opinions and rivalries to one side and with the support of their fellow members on this site they (The Loovenator and Claire) can surely exceed all expctations with regard to eventual monies raised and we can show why THIS is the best football Message Board in the land!!

I, like others, have already donated. Please please please can you do the same??

Thank you in anticipation

Sven Ghali

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:19 am

Just a little low down if you are wondering if to donate at all.
MS to most is just a name i did not know what it was or what it symptoms was until my wife was diagnosed two years ago. When you get a cold or Virus your body's defence mechanism fights off those threats basically it defends you. But in some people and nobody knows why or really how but your own immune system turns on yourself attacking and destroying the Myelin a coating that protects your nerves in the brain. That causes the wrong signals to be sent to certain parts of your body or even stop the movement permanently. This could be anything in your legs, hands, your sight, anything, You do not know when this can happen or what the damage could be.
Some people can get diagnosed and not suffer a relapse for many many years but a lot can suffer one relapse after another. That is called relapsing and remitting, or the next stage is secondary progressive when you dont have any more relapses but steadily get worse and loosing more and more bodily functions.
For someone living with a Partner or family member it changes your life forever as For me every time i go to work when i return i wonder how my Wife would be, she spends most days in a lot of pain and finds it hard to walk at times but she is a remarkable Woman and she gets on with it. To sufferers you cant plan next year, next week, or some like my Wife even tomorrow. She wakes up and plans on getting through the Day that is why i described this illness as the work of the Devil.
Here in Wales and England the chances of you getting it are 800/1 in Scotland it is 400/1. It is a case of how close you live to the equator. There is also a link to Viking blood. But for most who carry this rouge Jeans which only a very few have been identified they lie dormant all there lives but something awakens Multiple Sclerosis it could be a Virus like a cold or even sciatica or Stress. But there is no common link no one has any idea what causes it.
The MS society is a fantastic set up which helps sufferers immensely and sufferers, up till now sufferers have no hope, no cure, but there is a small light that Stem Cell research may bring a cure.
So please if you can donate, please do. This is a very worthy cause.
Steve

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Well said chief nukes.... :ayatollah:

I've noticed over 1000 views of this post if everybody could' ve just donate :£1 wow it would be amazing for this worth while charity believe me you don't realise how important it is until it affects you.. it only takes a couple of mins of your time just to donate a pound so come on guys .... :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Thank you to those who has contributed to date.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 pm

£395 raised so far well done everyone that has contributed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:10 pm

Just bringing the thread back up to the top :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Well done Nuclearblue ( total up to £465 now ) :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:38 am

Back to the top!!

Come on guys, support this worthwhile event and ensure they make as much money as they can :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:44 pm

£522 that is amazing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: oh back to the top :D

Re: PLEASE

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Thank you so much to those of you that have sponsored my brother so far, it really is appreciated.

It is actually a year ago today that my Gran died, so to see the donations from posters on here and from friends and family is lovely to see.

Thank you again.

If anyone else would like to sponsor my brother (The Loovenator) for the Cardiff half marathon, in aid of the MS Trust, you can do so on the link below:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... liveMallon

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:19 pm

My wife was diagnosed about 4 years ago. So I know how important the money would be. I shall be donating also. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Can I just say, also, we have found lots of help and advice for those suffering and the family of sufferers of MS from the www.mssociety.org.uk we have found that sometimes you can get access to cheaper insurances as some affiliated partners recommended by the MS Society tailor make their policies to suit such people. We found once you mention a disease or ailment the mainstream insurance companies out there hike the cost of your insurance to more than double. But generally this site is a good one in my opinion.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Total up to £560 now! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:31 am

Back to the top....

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks to those who've donated, a fair few others also indicated they'll also do it soon/do it after pay day.

Cheers

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:00 am

The Loovenator wrote:Thanks to those who've donated, a fair few others also indicated they'll also do it soon/do it after pay day.

Cheers

All good news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:32 pm

£615 THAT IS FANTASTIC :D :D :D :D :D :D :D