Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MOTD - Enjoy " Us Jacks "

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Apparently you inflicted a big beautiful swanselona masterclass upon them. That so?

Still credit to you, how do you reckon you'll do next season? I mean Vorm is bound to leave, and without him you would be 13th-16th lets be honest, he has bailed you out non stop this season even if outfield you've been very good.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:09 pm

The Lad wrote:Apparently you inflicted a big beautiful swanselona masterclass upon them. That so?

Still credit to you, how do you reckon you'll do next season? I mean Vorm is bound to leave, and without him you would be 13th-16th lets be honest, he has bailed you out non stop this season even if outfield you've been very good.

Yep, absolutely schooled them. 62% possession at Craven Cottage for the away team and a 3-0 win doesn't happen very often

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Nice stuff, well played, but they are rimming you a bit too much IMO :lol:

So what about the risk of losing Vorm, Sigurdson, Sinclair and Dyer though? No way will other clubs leave you be in the summer.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:31 pm

The Lad wrote:Nice stuff, well played, but they are rimming you a bit too much IMO :lol:

So what about the risk of losing Vorm, Sigurdson, Sinclair and Dyer though? No way will other clubs leave you be in the summer.

It's the price of success. If any of them do leave however, it'll be for a very substantial fee.

The three I'd be most concerned about losing are Vorm, Williams and Allen. They are the spine of the team.

Sigurdsson is only on loan. Unfortunately, our chances of signing him permanently diminish with every performance like this he puts in.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Wonder if you're looking forward to it tonight ;) :tongue:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Might watch it tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:08 pm

The Lad wrote:Wonder if you're looking forward to it tonight ;) :tongue:

There have been so many posts on here recently about 'ban the Jacks' etc. - but as soon as they get a result against them, on of our fans bounces this one! We can't have it both ways :roll:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Why not?
I suppose you realise this is a Cardiff City forum?
It is not a Jack/Cardiff site FFS.
It should be intended for Cardiff fans to post on and not them down the road.

Keep this a Cardiff site for Cardiff fans. It would be a far better site IMO. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Won't see so many of them on here tonight :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Im here but wont be watching.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Their winning celebrations (see link) was put on ice today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sOB0MiZ ... re=mh_lolz

:D

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:42 pm

SBF1 wrote:Their winning celebrations (see link) was put on ice today.

Tut tut Steve! Fair play you must have a hell of a grip on them straws! :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:49 pm

I wouldn't bother. Other than a superb free kick from Leighton Baines, there was very little else of any quality on show.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:55 pm

64JACK wrote:
SBF1 wrote:Their winning celebrations (see link) was put on ice today.

Tut tut Steve! Fair play you must have a hell of a grip on them straws! :lol:

Alright Gar?

Still the most consistent top Welsh side is the Capital fella!

Not like you flash in the pans. :D :D :D

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:06 pm

NJ73 wrote:

I wouldn't bother. Other than a superb free kick from Leighton Baines, there was very little else of any quality on show.

Yeah yeah.. Will definitely get my five mins watching the scum lose :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:10 pm

I will watch tonight to see what the Swanealona way is

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:10 pm

NEATHBLUES wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

You go for it pal. I know it hasn't happened as often as you expected :mrgreen:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:14 pm

I'll actually be watching it tonight. :lol: I havn't watched one show when the Jacks have won.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:29 pm

NJ73 wrote:
NEATHBLUES wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

You're right, it certainly hasn't but enjoy it while you have a decent team because there's only so far a small club aka Wales' second city can go. Will you be watching by the way? :P

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:42 pm

NEATHBLUES wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
NEATHBLUES wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

You're right, it certainly hasn't but enjoy it while you have a decent team because there's only so far a small club aka Wales' second city can go. Will you be watching by the way? :P

Nope. It was ugly enough this afternoon. Certainly won't be putting myself through it again.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:15 pm

NJ73 wrote:
NEATHBLUES wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
NEATHBLUES wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Nope. It was ugly enough this afternoon. Certainly won't be putting myself through it again.

I've always suspected that a high pressing game would be the way to beat you at home. Didn't Norwich do a similar thing to you aswell?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Aramore wrote:
I've always suspected that a high pressing game would be the way to beat you at home. Didn't Norwich do a similar thing to you aswell?

So did Stoke, Bolton and Fulham. We beat all three.

It's not as simple as just pressing high up the pitch or else every team would do it. Everton were sharper than us, and closed down space all over the pitch.

That said, we dominated the first 30 mins before they started to get to grips with things and they needed a free kick to break the deadlock. After that it was a different game.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

It's not as simple as just pressing high up the pitch or else every team would do it. Everton were sharper than us, and closed down space all over the pitch.

That said, we dominated the first 30 mins before they started to get to grips with things and they needed a free kick to break the deadlock. After that it was a different game.

To be honest I'd need to watch a few more of your matches all the way through before I really had any idea how to counter it.

Also, as much as it may shock and amaze everyone, I'm not a professional football manager so I may not be right :(

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

To be honest I'd need to watch a few more of your matches all the way through before I really had any idea how to counter it.

Also, as much as it may shock and amaze everyone, I'm not a professional football manager so I may not be right :(

Bottom line is Everton were better than us in the second half. For us to win games in this league we need to be fully on our game. a combination of us not quite being at our level and Everton disrupting our passing game nullified any threat we had and once the free kick went in, there was only one winner.

Full credit to Everton.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Bottom line is Everton were better than us in the second half. For us to win games in this league we need to be fully on our game. a combination of us not quite being at our level and Everton disrupting our passing game nullified any threat we had and once the free kick went in, there was only one winner.

Full credit to Everton.

Fair enough, but I still think that that is the way to take you on. Teams that try to play possession against you themselves seem to just end up being embarrassed.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Full credit to Everton.

Fair enough, but I still think that that is the way to take you on. Teams that try to play possession against you themselves seem to just end up being embarrassed.

I agree to an extent but generally when we've been on our game we've more often than not been able to deal with it. It certainly causes more problems than just sitting back and letting us play but it also leaves gaps for us to exploit.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:13 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Full credit to Everton.

I agree to an extent but generally when we've been on our game we've more often than not been able to deal with it. It certainly causes more problems than just sitting back and letting us play but it also leaves gaps for us to exploit.

I suppose it's the difference between doing it right and just leaving yourself exposed. Everton seem to be a team that are good at adapting to situations, other teams not so much.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:17 pm

[quote="Aramore"

I suppose it's the difference between doing it right and just leaving yourself exposed. Everton seem to be a team that are good at adapting to situations, other teams not so much.[/quote]

Very true. There aren't many Premier League teams with the sort of players to carry out the type of gameplan that Moyes set out.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:49 pm

On at the end as usual so it's going to be a while yet :roll:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:16 am

Ha ha ha jack tw@ts keeps you inbred mother fu£&?£& quieter for a bit...... :ayatollah: ;) :lol: :lol: