Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MOTD - Enjoy " Us Jacks "

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:I find it strange that you've all become experts on the premiership, unless you watch the games live then how can you comment on who should have beaten who .MOTD only shows the highlights of the phases of the game (thats the football show on just after the news ,after that I couldn't tell you what is on)

After that it's the FOOTBALL LEAGUE SHOW ... check it out as your going be on there next season... :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:46 am

Bluebina wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I stand what I said before the season started, you wont get more than 6 league wins all season :ayatollah:

Everything I've seen so far suggests we'll exceed that fairly comfortably.

i win out of 6. 38 games. Going on ratio you will win 6 or 7.

However your 3 aways have been tough-Arsenal probably easiest given their start but 3 defeats out of 3 is no disgrace.

Alot depends on how you do at home and whether you can pick up points away to WBA, Wolves etc,,,

There's very little between the sides outside the top 8 imo. Plenty of points to be won. Thankfully we've got 3 of our toughest games out of the way.

And three of your easiest at home, so you are not doing as well as you think !!!

I told you so :P

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:09 am

LMFAO OUCH!!! YAKUBU :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:30 pm

McClane wrote:LMFAO OUCH!!! YAKUBU :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fatty yakubu four Swansea town two :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Enjoy a goalkeeping masterclass from the best 'keeper in the Premier League.

:thumbright: :santa:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:18 pm

I still think you will go down.

NJ73 wrote:Enjoy a goalkeeping masterclass from the best 'keeper in the Premier League.

I have to be fair Vorm is an absolutely cracking keeper. I'd say you'll have a fight on your hands to keep him at the end of the season, even if you do stay up.

can someone delete this thread please?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:21 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:can someone delete this thread please?

I personally don't see a problem with it.

It's just a funny thread to bring up if Swansea either win or if they lose. Good bit of banter either way.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Enjoy a goalkeeping masterclass from the best 'keeper in the Premier League.

I have to be fair Vorm is an absolutely cracking keeper. I'd say you'll have a fight on your hands to keep him at the end of the season, even if you do stay up.

I've no doubt in he'll be off to one of the top 5 in the summer. But we'll be about £15m richer for it.

Forever Blue wrote:I still think you will go down.

I respectfully disagree :mrgreen:

NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

I've no doubt in he'll be off to one of the top 5 in the summer. But we'll be about £15m richer for it.

Definitely, good bit of business there, how much did he cost you?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:27 pm

NJ73 wrote:

If vorm gets injured along with Williams you are knackered.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

£1.5m

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:28 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

£1.5m

Wow. Absolutely brilliant then whoever sold him to you must be kicking themselves.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:36 pm

I expected them to beat Fulham today. And well done to them for doing so. 11th is pretty decent I must admit. Think they'll stay up comfortably, but there's always a chance of getting dragged down in a dogfight, seeing as it is their first season in the Prem!

I haven't seen Vorm's performance yet obviously, but was it Chris Wathan (Media Wales) who was saying on Twitter the other day that a few Dutch journalists were telling him he is very highly regarded in the Netherlands and more than a few were shocked when he joined the jacks - expected him to go to a big European club. As a result of joining them, he's been getting a bit of stick back home too!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

£1.5m

Wow. Absolutely brilliant then whoever sold him to you must be kicking themselves.

He was in his last year of contract i think. It'll be interesting if his agent has put in a get out fee in his contract

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:38 pm

I definitely think he's one of the top keepers in the league, but IMO Pepe Reina and Joe Hart are the top two, and by some distance. It takes something special to beat either of those two.

How old is Vorm anyway?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

I definitely think he's one of the top keepers in the league, but IMO Pepe Reina and Joe Hart are the top two, and by some distance. It takes something special to beat either of those two.

How old is Vorm anyway?

He's only 28 so he's still got some of his best years ahead of him.

A top 6 team will be licking their lips at the thought of signing him.

If I was Tottenham I'd be getting the cheque book ready now as their goaly's in his 40s now.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Aramore wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

How old is Vorm anyway?

He's only 28 so he's still got some of his best years ahead of him.

A top 6 team will be licking their lips at the thought of signing him.

If I was Tottenham I'd be getting the cheque book ready now as their goaly's in his 40s now.

They're definitely a side that's lacked a really good keeper over the past couple of years. Friedel is still a good keeper and was a decent bit of business for a free transfer, but as you say he's into his 40s and not getting any younger.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

90% of teams losing 2 of the most important players from the spine of their team would struggle so I don't really see your point.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:06 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

90% of teams losing 2 of the most important players from the spine of their team would struggle so I don't really see your point.

The point i'm making is your back up keepers are average and Ashley Williams is a very good defender who has had a fantastic record of fitness. Not only is Williams a good player he is a good leader who organises the defence very well. If he gets injured then your clean sheets record will disappear.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:33 pm

newcastles keeper is better, followed by joe hart and then reina...

some decent saves today, but hardly world class strikers in the fulham side.. plus you relied on one of them to score for you..

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

newcastles keeper is better, followed by joe hart and then reina...

some decent saves today, but hardly world class strikers in the fulham side.. plus you relied on one of them to score for you..

The Dutch national manager disagrees.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Looks like you have another dutchman joining you soon NJ73....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 41752.html

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:54 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Looks like you have another dutchman joining you soon NJ73....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 41752.html

I think it may be off as he wants to wait for a Bosman in the summer. Looking at the youtube clips of him, he'd be a great addition. Although they don't show the bits where he falls over his own feet :mrgreen:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:57 pm

what a stupid thread. i can't believe city fans want to talk to vermin(jacks) :o

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:32 am

[quote="murphy"]what a stupid thread. i can't believe city fans want to talk to vermin(jacks) :o[/quote

Just proves not all of ccfc fans are bigoted and small minded ;)

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:53 am

Blah blah blah we are premier league blah blah blah youre in the championship blah blah blah down there you want to be boys, lots of starving people going to be coming out of there today blah blah blah he's gone in the amblimunce with his leg blah blah blah ahhhhh blah blah blah

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:04 pm

What the f**k are u talking about??