Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' I SAID AT THE TIME '

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:McCormack was a quality player, you do not score 20 goal(incl pens) in the Championship if you are not a quality player, We gave him away for peanuts and DJ nearly ruined another City player.

Scored another goal today for Leeds.

And he has scored again tonight Annis

Quality finish. Jones has alot to answer for...

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:How we let McCormack go for under £1 Million is shocking business. Another young talent ruined by the mismanagement of DJ.

Sold for less than £300,000 :evil:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:McCormack was a quality player, you do not score 20 goal(incl pens) in the Championship if you are not a quality player, We gave him away for peanuts and DJ nearly ruined another City player.

Gareth, Jones tried to ruin him, like he did with many other players.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Pathetic Annis. Proves what kind of person DJ is. Evil. Will purchase your book this weekend mate...

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Pathetic Annis. Proves what kind of person DJ is. Evil. Will purchase your book this weekend mate...

Sad really, he could of been a great manager.

Cheers Gareth :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:14 pm

This thread is embarassing. about a year too late if it had any real substance.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:16 pm

polo wrote:This thread is embarassing. about a year too late if it had any real substance.

Polo, its our honest opinions, whats yours ?

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
polo wrote:This thread is embarassing. about a year too late if it had any real substance.

Where were these opinions 12 months ago?

No one cared because dj had replaced ross with bellers.and it was the right decision.

Ross disrespected this club yet dj is the evil one? Please.

As for the on the piss double standards. beggars belief really. ross was on piss every week but cos he scored a few fir leeds thats ok. whereas jay went out and drank coke and it was the biggest crime in ccfc history.

This thread just epitomises how fickle fans are.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 pm

polo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No one cared because dj had replaced ross with bellers.and it was the right decision.

As for the on the piss double standards. beggars belief really. ross was on piss every week but cos he scored a few fir leeds thats ok. whereas jay went out and drank coke and it was the biggest crime in ccfc history.

I said it 100% at the time, look through my posts.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
polo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No offence mate but ill.pass on trawling ur posts.

I said it 100% at the time, look through my posts.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:11 pm

I think the issue with DJ, too many players were comfortable whilst at their time at Cardiff,
and none of the players had any discipline.

Ever since the pre-borough scandal, everyone realised this, and it was only then the fans
made an issue of the situation, because when things go wrong they want someone to blame.
Its just sad that it had to happen towards the end of our season of 2010-2011, rather than the
beginning of the season for some action to rectify the indispline of few members of our club. We only complain when things go wrong, and up till then everything was going okay.

Carl even did an article with the echo where he predicted that we will win such and such games after the international break in April in which Norwich and Swansea will drop points, and fair play to him, he was more a less spot on up till the Preston game.

I believe with Malky we have brought in discipline, and all the bad eggs have left the club, and
we can see that there is a real team ethic in place, where everyone is working for each other, whereas
last season we had a team of individuals, and we relied on them to provide us with results.
I do believe that Ross was in bad company with few team members, and I do feel that
Ross could have prospered under Malky rather than DJ.

Polo whilst you state that Ross disrespected our club, I actually agree with you, but
where was the discpline of DJ to prevent such adventures in taking place.The early
wanring signs were all present, and nothing was done about the whole team displine. We could debate this
all day whether DJ was good or bad, and have countless pros and cons.

But one thing has to be said, there was a massive mismanagement with the young players of
Cardiff (Matthews, Gunter, Jacobson, Ramsey etc). I know for a fact that Matthews was very upset
when DJ slated him after the Ipswich game, and was actually gutted to leave Cardiff when Malky came in.

I am not anti-Dave Jones, and far from it, I would like to thank him for what he did for our club, finishing in top
half of the table for the past 4 seasons, an FA cup final and building a solid foundations for our club, its just a shame
he couldnt cross over the finish line.

But as they say, lets not dwell on the past and look forward to the future. We have a new team which will
hopefully make us proud, lets just get behind the team and support Malky and the boys!!

onwards and upwards. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:14 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:I think the issue with DJ, too many players were comfortable whilst at their time at Cardiff,
and none of the players had any discipline.

Ever since the pre-borough scandal, everyone realised this, and it was only then the fans
made an issue of the situation, because when things go wrong they want someone to blame.
Its just sad that it had to happen towards the end of our season of 2010-2011, rather than the
beginning of the season for some action to rectify the indispline of few members of our club. We only complain when things go wrong, and up till then everything was going okay.

Carl even did an article with the echo where he predicted that we will win such and such games after the international break in April in which Norwich and Swansea will drop points, and fair play to him, he was more a less spot on up till the Preston game.

I believe with Malky we have brought in discipline, and all the bad eggs have left the club, and
we can see that there is a real team ethic in place, where everyone is working for each other, whereas
last season we had a team of individuals, and we relied on them to provide us with results.
I do believe that Ross was in bad company with few team members, and I do feel that
Ross could have prospered under Malky rather than DJ.

Polo whilst you state that Ross disrespected our club, I actually agree with you, but
where was the discpline of DJ to prevent such adventures in taking place.The early
wanring signs were all present, and nothing was done about the whole team displine. We could debate this
all day whether DJ was good or bad, and have countless pros and cons.

But one thing has to be said, there was a massive mismanagement with the young players of
Cardiff (Matthews, Gunter, Jacobson, Ramsey etc). I know for a fact that Matthews was very upset
when DJ slated him after the Ipswich game, and was actually gutted to leave Cardiff when Malky came in.

I am not anti-Dave Jones, and far from it, I would like to thank him for what he did for our club, finishing in top
half of the table for the past 4 seasons, an FA cup final and building a solid foundations for our club, its just a shame
he couldnt cross over the finish line.

But as they say, lets not dwell on the past and look forward to the future. We have a new team which will
hopefully make us proud, lets just get behind the team and support Malky and the boys!!

onwards and upwards. :ayatollah:

Great post Azz :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Azz, my post is in frustration is at those who cannot stop dwelling on the past.

This thread is a dwell in the past is it not?

Quite how dj can be blamed for ross doing an interview haeking a move to hull i do not know?

As for mathews im sorry but one of the most overated individuals to ever represent city. behind supetkev and quinny for a reason. he werent that good. Rated at 4 mil by peter ridsdale. sae nae more.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:13 pm

polo wrote:Azz, my post is in frustration is at those who cannot stop dwelling on the past.

Quite how dj can be blamed for ross doing an interview haeking a move to hull i do not know?

As for mathews im sorry but one of the most overated individuals to ever represent city. behind supetkev and quinny for a reason. he werent that good. Rated at 4 mil by peter ridsdale. sae nae more.

Polo, you will find in life everyone dwells on the past and wants to talk about it, incl when we won the FACUP in 1927 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
polo wrote:Azz, my post is in frustration is at those who cannot stop dwelling on the past.

Polo, you will find in life everyone dwells on the past and wants to talk about it, incl when we won the FACUP in 1927 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fair enough but 1927 is a positivd thing. i just dislike all the dj bashing. each to their own but i cant see what bashing him constantly gains. im glad hes gone it was time for change but i appreciate what he done if 90 mins did deny him becoming a legend. his pr didnt help i accept that.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:24 pm

polo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Fair enough but 1927 is a positivd thing. i just dislike all the dj bashing. each to their own but i cant see what bashing him constantly gains. im glad hes gone it was time for change but i appreciate what he done if 90 mins did deny him becoming a legend. his pr didnt help i accept that.

His pr is what was in my opinion his major down fall.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Yes of course his pr let him down but some of the shit thown at him.on here and mikes board is crazy. you swear we were fighting relegation every year.

Anyway looking forward malky seems to have the qualitys dj lacked so would rather focus on us moving forward than slating dj all season. still think the squad does not balance. need different options upfront and some pace out wide.

Bloooooobirds. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:04 am

I guess everyone has difference of opinions in regards to DJs tenure at Cardiff.

For me its all positive, when DJ initially came to our club, we were playing for survival at the championship,
our training facilities were poor, it was so bad, the players were doing weights in the trefforest car park.

It just shows how far our club has come and the expectation levels have risen. We have new training facilities
at the Vale and a brand new stadium, like Bellamy said in his interview before, whilst we have really good facilities
it can be better and as a club we are continiously improving. So massive credit does go to DJ, there are alot more positives than negatives.

People just need to realise how far our club has come over the years, the issue is, he didnt deliver us premiership football in what he was paid to do, regardless of the resources available. Every football club in the country, regardless of what budget they have, aim for top 2, or promotion, if no manager or club desires that objective, then there is something wrong. If I was to hire a manager for a football club and he was to settle for survival in the league, then I would not be doing the job for the football club or the fans.

Sad reality is, the same will apply to Malky, he'll have the opportunity to build the squad, and is given a time frame of achieving promoion within a given budget, if not he'll be out. Thats football. People maybe saying thats unfair, DJ had more budget than Malky compared to last season, well, look at Blackpool, Swansea and Burnley over the years.

Polo, whilst you feel Matthews is over-rated, in my opinion he was still an academy player and was young and could have developed to one of our best defenders in years to come. When DJ slammed him in front of all the players after the Ipswich game really did damage his confidence, sorry in my opinion that is poor management, he should have taken him to one side, and said dont worry about it, we will look at ways to improve upon your mistakes, something which I feel Malky does. You can see this in training, where he puts his arm around them, and is having a general chat to the player.

However, I am not going to fully criticise DJ, but his latest interview on BBC summed up his tenure at Cardiff, whilst there were many positives at what he did with us, there are things which he could have improved upon. Especially being out at football, hes able to reflect upon this, and one of those is his relations with the media. I think DJ will learn from his mistakes in his time our and come back stronger, like Ian Halloway.

Whilst alot of our fans dwell on the past, I think we should consider ourselves fortunate how far our club has come, on the brink of administration we are still fighting. But it shows how far we have come, and I believe the likes of Gethin Jenkins and all the staff at Cardiff City Stadium are making positive attempts to put our club in the right direction. Whilst they may not be perfect, it will take time, but I have been very impressed the way the club has been marketed as of lately, especially getting the ticket prices right for carling cup games, the family club of the year etc.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:19 am

Azz, aside from our mathews disagreement, which u make some fair points, i cannot disagree with you. i think we sing off the same hymn sheet. not massive dj fans, but certainly not an hatist, and appreciate some of the good.
:ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:58 am

Ross is a good player. We should have taken the 4 mill for him. I am happy that we no longer have a fat piss-head playing for us. I thought that he is exactly the sort of personality that Malky doesn't want and who the fans dont like due to his late night drunken antics?

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:49 am

scored two tonight he did thats just it dj ruined alot of players i mean he played ross upfront one seasons 20+goals then the season after out on the lef wing what the f**k was that all about and that was that then same the season after subs and left wing appearences dj didnt make any sence :? :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:37 am

Fergy1927 wrote:Ross is a good player. We should have taken the 4 mill for him. I am happy that we no longer have a fat piss-head playing for us. I thought that he is exactly the sort of personality that Malky doesn't want and who the fans dont like due to his late night drunken antics?

Clearly Ross is now fit and Leeds are reaping the rewards. Grayson has obviously reinstalled discipline into Ross' life which was lacking under DJ. Ross McCormack in his first season was one of the best players i have seen in a CCFC shirt.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:46 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:Ross is a good player. We should have taken the 4 mill for him. I am happy that we no longer have a fat piss-head playing for us. I thought that he is exactly the sort of personality that Malky doesn't want and who the fans dont like due to his late night drunken antics?

Clearly Ross is now fit and Leeds are reaping the rewards. Grayson has obviously reinstalled discipline into Ross' life which was lacking under DJ. Ross McCormack in his first season was one of the best players i have seen in a CCFC shirt.

Gareth, Ross needed guidance and a strong manager and with that you get a quality player,playing for you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Gareth, Ross needed guidance and a strong manager and with that you get a quality player,playing for you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Imagine having Chops, Jay and Ross with a manager like Malky. I cannot understand how anyone can defend DJ.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:56 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Imagine having Chops, Jay and Ross with a manager like Malky. I cannot understand how anyone can defend DJ.

We would be awesome, we just needed the right manager and we have finally got one, just needs a few more players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:58 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

A number of us were saying that we will regret sacking Dave Jones as the season goes on.

Well since his sacking we are seeing ex Cardiff players doing well, we have a team that not only looks like it will challenges for a top 6 spot but a team that is showing all the work ethnics we all have longed for in the last 6 seasons.

DJ has gone on TV saying how he nearly got us there. How I long for us to get there this season on a smaller budget so we can finally shut him up. As you can see this guy has got right under my skin.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:26 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

A number of us were saying that we will regret sacking Dave Jones as the season goes on.

Well since his sacking we are seeing ex Cardiff players doing well, we have a team that not only looks like it will challenges for a top 6 spot but a team that is showing all the work ethnics we all have longed for in the last 6 seasons.

DJ has gone on TV saying how he nearly got us there. How I long for us to get there this season on a smaller budget so we can finally shut him up. As you can see this guy has got right under my skin.

i doubt MM has got half of what dj had to play with money wise lets be fair :lol:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Couldn't agree more, at the start of the season I did this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53695

I always knew it was a huge mistake to get rid of him. Another cock up by DJ, if McCormack was still with us I am convinced he would be playing as well for us as he's currently playing for Leeds.