Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' I SAID AT THE TIME '

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:54 pm

McCormack was a quality player, you do not score 20 goal(incl pens) in the Championship if you are not a quality player, We gave him away for peanuts and DJ nearly ruined another City player.

Scored another goal today for Leeds.

Re: ' I SAID AT THE TIME '

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:58 pm

agreed, he looks as if he's back in shape and has a bit more confidence
he looks the player he was 3 years ago

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:00 pm

eighty_8 wrote:agreed, he looks as if he's back in shape and has a bit more confidence

Will do well, as long the manager backs him and keeps him in order, less food and drink, then he is a quality player.
DJ had no patience or time for players who had a bad time.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:agreed, he looks as if he's back in shape and has a bit more confidence

Will do well, as long the manager backs him and keeps him in order, less food and drink, then he is a quality player.

very true if you done something dj didnt like that was it your shipped out , no time for them to get them back into shape and help the team

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:McCormack was a quality player, you do not score 20 goal(incl pens) in the Championship if you are not a quality player, We gave him away for peanuts and DJ nearly ruined another City player.

i agree i wish mccormack was still with us scored again today

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:30 pm

denton2k6 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

very true if you done something dj didnt like that was it your shipped out , no time for them to get them back into shape and help the team

McCormack,Thompson,Alexandra, Matthews,Purse,Ramsey etc etc etc

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
denton2k6 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spilt milk and all that though Annis. We have moved on, so all just hope he has a "mare" against us. :D
Besides, we have a new CB who will have him in his pocket all game anyway eh? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:21 pm

another player who put on weight .while under the influence. of dj :roll:

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:27 pm

DJ sent Gerrard out on loan last season,why could he have not done the same with McCorrmack :?:

For the money Leeds paid,we gave him away ( imo ). :shock:

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
denton2k6 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

McCormack is one of the Players I'v Questioned the business capability's of the People that run Our Club, including Those no longer with the Club and Those who are. Having turned Hull down at 4M only to except £300.000 from Leeds months later will alway's be Suspect to me. :old:

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:DJ sent Gerrard out on loan last season,why could he have not done the same with McCorrmack :?:

Spot on!

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
denton2k6 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The Leeds bid was just over a year after the Hull one so it was quite a bit of time to be fair.

McCormack is one of the Players I'v Questioned the business capability's of the People that run Our Club, including Those no longer with the Club and Those who are. Having turned Hull down at 4M only to except £300.000 from Leeds months later will alway's be Suspect to me. :old:

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:48 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:DJ sent Gerrard out on loan last season,why could he have not done the same with McCorrmack :?:

Tony, Thats what I originally thought he would do, but the problem was once he disliked you, you were on your way,unless he could not totally off load you, it would of been the same for Gerrard if DJ could of done it.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:56 pm

the reason dj shipped them out was because he coudnt control a hamster his man management skills were aweful

Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Ross went downhill when Chopra came back :old:

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Yet more anti dj bollox.

Why is he to blame for mcormack having total disregard for this club and career?

I seem to recall chopra and bothroyd getting hammered by you lot for goin on the piss before thr boro game yet mcormack was pissing his career down the drain before dj booted him out.

What does it matter now hes scored a few for leeds. he done f**k all last season whereas chopra and bothroyd still banged em in for fun. proving dj was right to f**k him off in favour of them pair.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:18 pm

polo wrote:Yet more anti dj bollox.

Why is he to blame for mcormack having total disregard for this club and career?

I seem to recall chopra and bothroyd getting hammered by you lot for goin on the piss before thr boro game yet mcormack was pissing his career down the drain before dj booted him out.

What does it matter now hes scored a few for leeds. he done f**k all last season whereas chopra and bothroyd still banged em in for fun. proving dj was right to f**k him off in favour of them pair.

Are you DJ or his relative ? were allowed our opinions on him, every time we mention his name yr there. :lol:

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:20 pm

How many are Chops and Bothroyd banging in now Chief ?

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Chops has scored a few already this season and jay is playing well at a higher level.

Given the choice of having any of them back ross would be my last choice.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:59 pm

polo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Chops has scored a few already this season and jay is playing well at a higher level.

Given the choice of having any of them back ross would be my last choice.

Interesting season ahead, lets see the outcome Hmm :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:43 pm

polo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Given the choice of having any of them back Ross would be my last choice.

Correct me if i am wrong. Chops has scored 2 on the opening day of the season. Jay has scored a big fat Zero nil, nothing, f**k all. Ross has bagged loads. So game over and Polos are extremely overrated when it comes to Mints. Extra strong any day of the week. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:21 am

I agree. Even f he wasn't a one season wonder we should have taken the 4mill (and spent it on new players). However, Jones probably knew he wouldn't get any of the money for transfers. I was well happy when Dave Jones took over. I was happy he got us to the FA Cup final though his lack of flexibility frustrated the hell out of me. I am still pissed off he dropped Ramsey for the Cup final and that he insisted on playing that big dude from Man city all the time despite his form dropping off towards the end of the season. We should have beaten Blackpool and unfortunately for Jones, the buck stops with him. He should have resigned or got booted straight after the Blackpool game.

Last season, we had the likes of Bothroyd, Whitts, Bellamy, chopra and Bothroys in the team. We should have gone up automatically with that squad. I am excited with our new squad. In fact, after Saturday's peformance I have raised my expectations a bit. Well done Malky.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:03 am

I'm glad to see McCormack banging them in again but I just can't see that Jones was wrong on this one save that perhaps a spell on loan might have been a better option unless we needed the £300k to go towards some of our loan signing ons :?

Even last season when he played for Leeds at the CCS McCormack looked overweight and a shadow of the former player and you just felt his career was slipping away :cry: He's well known for liking a drink slightly too much, was banned from driving and could have killed himself/someone in that smash.

Sometimes a player just needs a change of clubs and a fresh start and it was time to ship him out. Let's be fair, he wouldn't have got a game last season in front of Jay, Chops or Bellers. The low price was due to the well documented problems he had which shows that Jones wasn't the only manager who wasn't keen on him. Clubs were hardly queuing up to sign him at that stage.

Sometimes players have to take responsibility for what happens and, let's be fair, Ross hardly helped himself by puuting on at least a stone during pre-season :o It amazes me that Chopra gets a slagging for boozing yet for Ross it was OK. Similarly Bothroyd went out for a few glasses of coke and he's castigated. We all know the rights and wrongs of those instances but to forgive Ross for pissing it up for the summer and basically ensuring that the club would get nothing for the £8K per wk they were paying him seems wrong to me.

We should also remember that Ross was hardly one of our most loyal players. After his first, great, season he was already making public noises about getting a move to a bigger club :roll:

This is a move that worked out for Ross and us, whether he finishes above Miller and Earnshaw in the scoring stakes or not. Good luck to him but it was time for him, and us, to move on.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:57 am

Jones WAS right to get rid of McCormack, and Gerrard for a season, and Chops.
Cos they were players who no longer wanted to be here in my eyes. They were
not motivated enough to look after their bodies to the degree a top class football
player needs to! In Chops instance, we were talking about a lad who at one time
would spit blood for the team, and run his legs off.

The REAL question was why did these top players fall so far under DJ's management.

Imagine if last season, Malky Mackay had Bellamy, Bothroyd, Chopra, Burke, Whittingham,
Hudson, Gerrard, McCormack, McNaughton... and brought in players like Conway, Cowie,
Gunnarsson, Taylor in on FREE transfers....

They would have destroyed the Championship

Jones was pants

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:31 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Correct me if i am wrong. Chops has scored 2 on the opening day of the season. Jay has scored a big fat Zero nil, nothing, f**k all. Ross has bagged loads. So game over and Polos are extremely overrated when it comes to Mints. Extra strong any day of the week. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Chops has done at Ipswich what he did in his last stint for us - score a few, then a barren run.

As for McCormack, of his 20 something goals that season, over half came from the penalty spot from memory. Take those out of the equation, he scored the same as Bothroyd, 12-13. And that was Bothroyd's best tally at that point.

Given the choice between Chops and Ross, Chops is the more natural finisher.

It's just ridiculous to point at Ross *now* and slate the club for getting rid. Last season at Leeds anybody? Where he barely, if ever played?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:04 pm

nerd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Chops has done at Ipswich what he did in his last stint for us - score a few, then a barren run.

As for McCormack, of his 20 something goals that season, over half came from the penalty spot from memory. Take those out of the equation, he scored the same as Bothroyd, 12-13. And that was Bothroyd's best tally at that point.

It's just ridiculous to point at Ross *now* and slate the club for getting rid. Last season at Leeds anybody? Where he barely, if ever played?

I thought he had quite a lot of games at Weeds? :?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

I thought he had quite a lot of games at Weeds? :?

If you call 6 league starts and 15 appearances as sub "quite a lot" then you are right ;)

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:14 pm

piledriver64 wrote:"nerd"]
Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

I thought he had quite a lot of games at Weeds? :?[/quote]

If you call 6 league starts and 15 appearances as sub "quite a lot" then you are right ;)[/quote]

My bad. :lol:

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:McCormack was a quality player, you do not score 20 goal(incl pens) in the Championship if you are not a quality player, We gave him away for peanuts and DJ nearly ruined another City player.

And he has scored again tonight Annis

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:28 pm

How we let McCormack go for under £1 Million is shocking business. Another young talent ruined by the mismanagement of DJ.