Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

11 a side or 5 a side?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:11 pm

What do you prefer? Usually 5 a side for me but may get back into 11 a side this season as my working patterns means I struggle to make 5 a side.
What's the forum's consensus on this enthralling subject? (Those who have played neither on a regular basis have no valid opinion and need not contribute)

Re: 11 a side or 5 a side?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:15 pm

i prefer 5 aside see more of the ball and dont have to run as much from attacking to defending :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Thatcher's GOLD wrote:What do you prefer? Usually 5 a side for me but may get back into 11 a side this season as my working patterns means I struggle to make 5 a side.
What's the forum's consensus on this enthralling subject? (Those who have never played neither on a regular basis have no valid opinion and need not contribute)

Slight edit there

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:29 pm

a horse with no name wrote:i prefer 5 aside see more of the ball and dont have to run as much from attacking to defending :ayatollah:

True players can master the art of 5 a side, people who play 11 a side local league are usually fat heffers looking for a scrap

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:48 pm

have this argument every week with my mates. as far as i'm concerned youll never beat the real thing. 5 a side pisses me off, too many people think theyre ronaldo taking on every one, shooting from everywhere and using a wall (that wouldnt really be there!) to go around people. i enjoy all the tactics, effort and reward you get from playing a good 11 a side game.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:22 pm

I play 5 a side at powerleague every wednesday with my mates for an hour, I'm 36 now and i must say i miss 11 aside very much.
You cant compare the two to be honest.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:43 pm

I stopped playing 11 a side because I just found it boring. I was a left back though. I still play 5 a side and love it. To be fair, 5 a side depends a lot on the opposition. Nothing better than a high intense end-to-end game with tidy lads. However, nothing worse than a dogged game full of kicking against a bunch of mouthy chav pricks.

Luckily, we're playing in a quality league down Gol where all the sides are sound lads so can't complain. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Cheating in 5 a side fucks me off :twisted:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:05 pm

5 a side requires a lot of skill regarding first touch quick passing and movement. 11 a side is pretty good as well because it is the real thing.
organizing 5 a side can be annoying at times.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Hoping to play 5 a side tomorrow, of that there is no doubt

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Have always preferred 5-a-side to 11-a-side but it's all personal opinion.

I enjoy having to attack & defend while playing 5-a-side more than being given one position.