Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Response from Press Complaints Commission

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:53 pm

When I read that article about the death of Mikey Dye, I complained to the PCC, and have just recieved this response:

"Thank you for contacting the Press Complaints Commission in regard to coverage of the death of Mike Dye. We have received numerous complaints about reports in both the Sun and the Daily Mail, framed primarily under Clause 1 (Accuracy) and Clause 5 (Intrusion into grief or shock) of the Editors’ Code.

In the circumstances – for reasons I am sure you will understand – the Commission has to bear in mind the wishes of Mr Dye’s family about the articles, and to determine whether they wish to complain. In line with our normal procedures, we sought to contact the family proactively via the appropriate authorities to make them aware of the PCC and our services.

We have now received confirmation of an intention to complain from the family, and we will pursue the matter directly with them. If we are able, we will let you know the outcome of the complaints in due course."

Yours sincerely

Simon Yip
Administrator

Im glad to see that they're actually doing something regarding the sickening stories the scum printed!

RIP

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Response from Press Complaints Commission

Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:16 pm

my bad, didnt notice the other thread for the same topic! :old:

Re: Response from Press Complaints Commission

Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:34 pm

well done on doing something about it mate, stacks of people have complained, lets see if anything comes of it :ayatollah: