Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:41 pm

On Man City ?

Do you not like them because of the way they are going about spending huge amounts of money and trying to buy success

Or are you happy because they are bringing in quality players to the British game ?

I have a rather unexplainable liking for them, maybe it is the fact that they allowed Bellamy to sign last year and maybe because the way they easily beat the jacks on the opening day but strangely I know don't mind watching them yet I have always had a dislike for the Premier League.

Re: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:On Man City ?

Do you not like them because of the way they are going about spending huge amounts of money and trying to buy success

Or are you happy because they are bringing in quality players to the British game ?

I have a rather unexplainable liking for them, maybe it is the fact that they allowed Bellamy to sign last year and maybe because the way they easily beat the jacks on the opening day but strangely I know don't mind watching them yet I have always had a dislike for the Premier League.

Similer, I dont like Mancini. But out of all the british teams in the champions league there the ones I hate the least.
I also like to see Joe Hart do well as I used to rim with him. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Cant stand them anymore, use to have respect for the club.
Same goes with Chelsea.
Some will say, you would not say no to it happening to Cardiff, Well I def would as I loved my club more in the 70's/ 80's/90's than I do now.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:53 pm

They are only doing what the top clubs have done for years. Unfortunately that is the way the game is at the top tables, but they are finding money doesn't automatically mean success though over time it has worked for Man Utd, Chelsea & Blackburn whereas others like Liverpool have continually faltered.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:01 pm

I have always admired the City fans for their support, none more so than when they dropped to the old div 2....they were immense, I remember them playing Ipswich in the league cup (who were in Div 1) and they took almost 8k. I also like the way they call themselves 'the citizens' and see United fans as a bunch of cockneys on a day trip. :lol: Always back the under dog of any city shared by 2 clubs. I also collect kits and have several Man City kits, always liked them.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:01 pm

I rather like the fact that they are unsettling the before untouchable Man Utd and Chelski but dislike them on the other hand due to the fact they are further damaging the game with stupid transfer fees and wages. The way these teams are spending is very worrying for the longeivity of football.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Never mind man city carl,give us an update :lol:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:10 pm

I don't mind the mainly because the owners are paying but coverting the debt. Good luck to them.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 pm

would like them to top man ure :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:12 am

I dont begrudge them their success too much because I think their fans deserve it. It must be agony to see your club slide down divisions while your biggest rival is winning everything. Their fans stayed with them through all those times so good luck to them.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:59 am

They were a real team when they played at Maine Road. Now they are just sell outs.

Will always prefer them too United though.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:22 am

milly44 wrote:

Similer, I dont like Mancini. But out of all the british teams in the champions league there the ones I hate the least.
:o whatever tickles your cherry nathan

Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:29 am

I always thought that Man City fans didn't really mind their status as Manchester's 2nd club as they had more of an identity as a club, especially with the perceived notion of the majority of manure fans coming from outside of Manchester. As long as they beat United, 14th in the Premiership isn't bad going. I've hated Chelsea since the early 80s and I hate them even more now. I don't mind Man City as they were getting decent crowds and were always a pretty well supported club, and still are. But strangely, I don't think all this money has actually boosted their support in an amazing way. But Chelsea were never really that well supported. I can still remember the days when they used to get 7,000 for a home game and there were rows of empty seats the other night for a Champions League game, but their supporters get all cocky about their recent success, little realising that they are really just a Brentford with a rich owner

Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:36 am

I don't like the idea of buying success but I like their fans and I actually like the players they've signed e.g. Yaya Toure, Dzeko, Aguero, David Silva etc. So out of everyone I'd probably want them to win things, as much as that would be against my principles.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 am

milly44 wrote:

I always thought Joe Hart was gay :oops: :old:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:37 am

there's only one real City and that's Cardiff :ayatollah: f**k the rest.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:45 am

I look at it like this, with all the big names and over sea players coming here to play for them , the other players go to other teams and then the other teams let players go and some come to championship clubs , its a kind of knock on affect and the lower league clubs a little benefit out of it also. I think most fans if truth was told would love to see there club in the same position to spend as Mancity. them that say no I wouldn't Im sure cant be telling the truth. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 am

i've always quite liked man city, even when they dropped down the divisions in the late 90's. i quite like seeing them becoming huge because it pisses that wanker fergie and his manure bumboys right off.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:40 pm

milly44 wrote:

Nathan i wouldn't go public with that statement mate :shock: :lol:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Hahaha Baz abusing his mod powers again. I can assure it did read that i roomed with hart, weonly rimmed on weekends :D

Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:00 pm

milly44 wrote:

Fair play to you mate for coming out of the closet on here :shock: but im sure joe hart didnt want us to know what you pair used to get up to ;)

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:35 pm

they have become a team that i take notice of their results,maybe a soft spot for them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:00 pm

milly44 wrote:Ha ha ha Baz abusing his mod powers again. I can assure it did read that i roomed with hart, we only rimmed on weekends :D
i beg your pardon nathan, what you get up to on weekends is personal :D

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:16 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
milly44 wrote:Ha ha ha Baz abusing his mod powers again. I can assure it did read that i roomed with hart, we only rimmed on weekends :D
i beg your pardon nathan, what you get up to on weekends is personal :D

Nathan it's a shame the news of the world has gone as you could have sold your story for a few quid by doing a kiss and tell :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:21 pm

and i sit by him on away trips and at the ccs :o ;)

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Will you still dislike the Premier League when we get there :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:53 pm

reasons i like them because theyre destroying this so called "top 4" which i hate similar to Tottenham
reasons i dislike them spending huge amounts of money on players which in my opinion is no where near the value and ridiculous wages :lol: oh and i know a couple of plastics who support them just cause the fact they think they're going to win the league :roll:

dont really know whether i like or hate them